Page 53 of 135 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2687

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Yeah, agree. If he, Clut, Alessi, Vujica or Shabow get significant game time, we're not going to be pushing finals football.

Hope I am wrong though and one of them has a monster season and proves us all wrong.
    Kosta is seemingly the worst of that lot

Clut and shabow are both in the same position, so trying one at wing would be the best option if we have them both
    Last edited by Mark325; 14-06-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Who cares what he gets paid? (NTS) We've got salary cap space to spare given we've used no "outside the cap" concessions...

Is this a good use of one of our remaining three squad positions on the other hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    his wife/partner is from Newcastle
    Yes is from newy and now also pregnant, wants to move back to
    Newy to be with her family so topor probably approached the jets, so I don't
    Think he would be on as much coin as people think

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Yeah, agree. If he, Clut, Alessi, Vujica or Shabow get significant game time, we're not going to be pushing finals football.

Hope I am wrong though and one of them has a monster season and proves us all wrong.
    Clut played either all or part of the game at RW in the FFA cup and did very well. Dimi can play wide as well.

You compare our squad now, with the best case scenario that we somehow sign Nathan Burns and he arrives fit, I still don't see any better than 7th.

We will be competitive but I doubt Merrick has the nous to turn a competitive team into true finals contenders.

SFC, Roar, Victory have top 6 squads already.

Wanderers and City I have little doubt will recruit well enough to be top 6 with the players they already have.

Perth & Adelaide have more of a question mark, with holes to fill but are more than capable of doing so by Rd 1.

Nix and Gypos are undertaking rebuilds. Gypos Could be successful but could go either way. Nix look pretty terrible right now unless the new coach can recruit 5 quality Visa players, which you suspect is why they signed the coach they did.

We unfortunately do not have enough quality by the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Yes is from newy and now also pregnant, wants to move back to
    Newy to be with her family so topor probably approached the jets, so I don't
    Think he would be on as much coin as people think
    Milligan was on 1mill in Baniyas, and Hatta was regarded the big spending new comers. He would have taken 500k over there. I can see 250k here considering the cap rises over 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Guerny View Post
    Who cares what he gets paid? (NTS) We've got salary cap space to spare given we've used no "outside the cap" concessions...

Is this a good use of one of our remaining three squad positions on the other hand?
    Ahhhh for a start Kanta is outside the cap, and secondly it makes a huge difference when we waste a chunk of our player budget on a fairly mediocre player.

Counting down the days until I read all the "let's just sack/move on NTS" and the payout that will require

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Clut played either all or part of the game at RW in the FFA cup and did very well. Dimi can play wide as well.

You compare our squad now, with the best case scenario that we somehow sign Nathan Burns and he arrives fit, I still don't see any better than 7th.

We will be competitive but I doubt Merrick has the nous to turn a competitive team into true finals contenders.

SFC, Roar, Victory have top 6 squads already.

Wanderers and City I have little doubt will recruit well enough to be top 6 with the players they already have.

Perth & Adelaide have more of a question mark, with holes to fill but are more than capable of doing so by Rd 1.

Nix and Gypos are undertaking rebuilds. Gypos Could be successful but could go either way. Nix look pretty terrible right now unless the new coach can recruit 5 quality Visa players, which you suspect is why they signed the coach they did.

We unfortunately do not have enough quality by the looks of it.
    youll find Clut played St or False nine with Brown behind him
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Griff said it himself when he did the same - you go over to get a couple of good paydays and setup your family.

You then come back for same family and lifestyle, not the paypacket.

Griff came back from China and was on low dollars and R.Griff offered to play for nothing. Grifflet went over to Saudi, made a million in as season and promptly vanished.

They know they can't stay on top coin forever.

Ahhhh for a start Kanta is outside the cap, and secondly it makes a huge difference when we waste a chunk of our player budget on a fairly mediocre player.
    agree about the mediocre spend

but its so Lol to keep sh1t players cause they are free. unbelievable

ffs, Just spent up and have a decent go OR go cheap players, free piss and hoars.
    Last edited by hawk; 14-06-2017 at 07:35 PM.

Way I see it. NTS was great for us but then got booted by Egghead cause he wanted defenders who could pass over being able to defend. Never disrespected the club or the fans either so Welcome Back NTS
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Previous owners repeatedly sign players over their market value? Yes. Lee? Not so much.

1. How much? We don't know.
    2. That's a positive right?
    3. See #1.
    4. Not worth a response.
    5. Seems to contradict coming for mega bucks.
    6. Also seems to contradict coming for mega bucks.

Ultimately if we get whatever other targets we have our eye on, I don't give a shit what he's getting paid and I don't know why everyone else cares, or tries to speculate on it. The Jets have made a decision to sign him, thrown X amount of $ at him and whether it was worth it will come out in the wash in the standings. Whether he's on 500k or playing for a meat pie & a coke every week, if he's not doing his job at the back, the club will suffer for it. If he helps propel us up the table then happy days.
    I think you are in denial here

For the last few years no **** has wanted to come here thanks to Tinkler Muppet and that cluster ****

All we got were everyone else's cast offs as players came here as they had no options

This season all of a sudden blokes of HAL level are now coming here

Let's remember we still came last and haven't addressed all our issues

But your telling me Our Caravan knocked back Roar WSW and Adelaide all clubs where he will probably play semi final football for certain next season and chose to come to Newy despite us not paying top $$

I will just use some logic and call Bullshit

Petratos Our Caravan Georgevski Topor are here because we are paying more than what they would get elsewhere

Make no mistake about it

Now I will give the club credit as we sort of have to wear it to jump up a ring or two on the ladder.

I just hope though they ain't ridiculously being paid over their worth like Boogaard is

Banned
    Seriously, with the players we have recruited, it's very likely to be the tactics we employ.
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    I hope Ernie can start moving some blokes on now like this bloke.

That where we can rebuild some more now.

Remove the deadwood like Clut

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I hope Ernie can start moving some blokes on now like this bloke.

That where we can rebuild some more now.

Remove the deadwood like Clut
    We haven't seen enough of Clut to argue the boot him out case. What we did see he looked tidy and created a few chances

love at first sight

Banned
    We haven't seen enough of Clut to argue the boot him out case. What we did see he looked tidy and created a few chances
    Bullshit

He had ample opportunity and couldn't get a regular start in a side as shit as ours.

Stop making excuses

The bloke wasn't good enough for the Roar and he ain't good enough for us.

I calling it as it is the bloke isn't a HAL level player just the new Kaz Patafta

Clut played the last 20-30mins out wide when Bymora came on

Totally agree.

Although he scores goals so obviously we should get rid of him

Bullshit

He had ample opportunity and couldn't get a regular start in a side as shit as ours.

Stop making excuses

The bloke wasn't good enough for the Roar and he ain't good enough for us.

I calling it as it is the bloke isn't a HAL level player just the new Kaz Patafta
    I've got Zero issues with booting Clut whatsoever, he hasn't done anything to prove that he deserves to be here BUT....

I think we need to get rid of Boogs, Kokko and Kanta even more so. So much money being spent on players that either don't suit the club, which includes Clut, or aren't good enough to earn their paychecks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I think you are in denial here

For the last few years no **** has wanted to come here thanks to Tinkler Muppet and that cluster ****

All we got were everyone else's cast offs as players came here as they had no options

This season all of a sudden blokes of HAL level are now coming here
    I
    Let's remember we still came last and haven't addressed all our issues

But your telling me Our Caravan knocked back Roar WSW and Adelaide all clubs where he will probably play semi final football for certain next season and chose to come to Newy despite us not paying top $$

I will just use some logic and call Bullshit

Petratos Our Caravan Georgevski Topor are here because we are paying more than what they would get elsewhere

Make no mistake about it

Now I will give the club credit as we sort of have to wear it to jump up a ring or two on the ladder.

I just hope though they ain't ridiculously being paid over their worth like Boogaard is
    Seriously.......I feel very uneasy agreeing with you

Banned
    Seriously.......I feel very uneasy agreeing with you
    It's ok

That uneasy feeling is just what it feels like to be right this time

I just have to live with it all the time

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I've got Zero issues with booting Clut whatsoever, he hasn't done anything to prove that he deserves to be here BUT....
    I think we need to get rid of Boogs, Kokko and Kanta even more so. So much money being spent on players that either don't suit the club, which includes Clut, or aren't good enough to earn their paychecks.
    Boogs yes punt him he was on the slide at Adelaide, Kanta is free, he can play, just not consistently enough for all of you, keep him.
    Kokko well I say give him a chance, he was never going to shine after the start he had with injuries last year, then Jones went back to GVE coaching manual and shut him out.
    The new gaffa should play things differently hopefully, Kokko with a decent preseason and a change of style, might turn out to surprise, lets just wait and see.
    Over the years we have had some strikers play in this club, that benefitted from different styles, which at most times we didn't play to suit them.
    If we all remember Edmundo Zura couldn't play as a lone striker to save his life, GVE finally changes to 2 up front, if I remember we win the game, Zura scores 2? wins praise all-round, GVE next week goes back to one up front, sound familiar.