Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135
Results 2,681 to 2,687 of 2687

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    I thought Potato was better than Vargas, except for the semi.
    After his comeback, Vargas underwhelmed up until the two finals matches. But he was superb before his injury as well.
    Pato showed flashes of brilliance but I feel struggled to find a position where he was comfortable and fit into the rest of the team. Probably a little "Arzani" about him too - for all his ability, he hasn't provided as much end product as he should have. Don't get me wrong, I think he's great - but won't be devastated if he ends up moving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    After his comeback, Vargas underwhelmed up until the two finals matches. But he was superb before his injury as well.
    Pato showed flashes of brilliance but I feel struggled to find a position where he was comfortable and fit into the rest of the team. Probably a little "Arzani" about him too - for all his ability, he hasn't provided as much end product as he should have. Don't get me wrong, I think he's great - but won't be devastated if he ends up moving on.
    He scored against the Mariners, on his debut, with a well-taken goal. He also took the piss against them down there in the final round

Wonderful legacy to leave if he does move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Perhaps there is an offer for Ugarkovic?
    This was my exact thought.
    I'd be very surprised if he doesn't head back to Europe next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Perhaps there is an offer for Ugarkovic?
    Definitely possible and if there is I’d hope we get a pretty good buyout for him cause he’s an amazing player for us, Ridenton would have big shoes to fill

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Definitely possible and if there is I’d hope we get a pretty good buyout for him cause he’s an amazing player for us, Ridenton would have big shoes to fill
    Especially as a player taking up a Visa spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

We did well this season without relying too much on Visa players, due to some fantastically performing Aussies. However, Nabbout is gone, most likely McGree too. Hopefully Kanta rests up well over the offseason and comes back full health and can keep it together next season. Losses of Dimi or Stevie could hurt us big time and may be hard to replace from the Australian talent pool, meaning we may have to rely more so on the visa spots.

Not so much an issue for next season, but Topor and Boogs are also getting on and perhaps this time next year, we will have to be looking to the future, especially if Jackson makes no further progress.

Koutroumbis impressed me defensively in the last few games, a lot more than what I'd seen earlier in the season. He has a bit of speed and ability going forward too - could make the fullback spot his own with a bit more game time and composure going forward.

Still a bit threadbare up front after Roy, but we thought that before this season and managed to score goals ok.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    discussion moved to next season