Page 82 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2687

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    soon™
    6 to 8 weeks?

Anyone else think this signing may be held back and unveiled at the game tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Anyone else think this signing may be held back and unveiled at the game tomorrow?
    I think it's more likely a classic Jets move of announcing an announcement before the ink is dry and then pretending they never said anything when it falls apart.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Bert??

WTF has it got to do with him??
    No idea what the ****ing coach would have to do with a new signing... makes absolutely no sense to me

It was probably our new Chinese Messi but Merrick is playing hard to get and won't let it happen.

Which will lead to Merrick being sacked a week out before the season and McKinna just appointing himself as coach for the rest of the year.

True Story
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    It was probably our new Chinese Messi but Merrick is playing hard to get and won't let it happen.

Which will lead to Merrick being sacked a week out before the season and McKinna just appointing himself as coach for the rest of the year.

True Story
    Can I get some Sportsbet odds on this?

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    Can I get some Sportsbet odds on this?
    1:1

No new signing but at least a new big screen to better watch our current players mistakes....http://www.theherald.com.au/story/49...tadium/?cs=305
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by Verified Plastic View Post
    I think it's more likely a classic Jets move of announcing an announcement before the ink is dry and then pretending they never said anything when it falls apart.
    I think you're on the money.

Where is Foti68? They usually have the inside scoop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Good to see us upgrade from cathode ray to plasma.

I really hope we don't win tomorrow or even draw. If we do that will be the perfect excuse to tell us we don't need marquees ......blah blah blah...... I actually hope we loose 6 or 7 nil.....then they won't have any other choice to accept that we don't have a top 6 squad....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

https://twitter.com/LawrieMcKinna/st...82977049829376

4 week left boys. No more 2 or so days.

i just went to that gypos twitterface page and you only need to look at his 'pinned' tweet to know exactly where his loyalties lie.

its a small thing i know but man oh man if you're trying to win over the faithful its probably not the way to do it.

on a personal level though its exactly what id do but at least i admit how much of an asshole i am
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i just went to that gypos twitterface page and you only need to look at his 'pinned' tweet to know exactly where his loyalties lie.

its a small thing i know but man oh man if you're trying to win over the faithful its probably not the way to do it.

on a personal level though its exactly what id do but at least i admit how much of an asshole i am
    fkn outrageous

Man McKinna (not Bert) is a goose, why gee the faithful and not so faithful up about a signing that is going to happen? Then stay quiet until someone asks him wtf is going on? This is not the first time this has happened. I was hoping for some good things to come this season... All I am seeing and hearing is the same old shit. I would never ever support anyone else but **** me throw us a bone

McKinna needs to be shown the door. Problem is I doubt that anyone capable of doing his job would wish to work for our current owner based on past events.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sorefootballer View Post
    Man McKinna (not Bert) is a goose, why gee the faithful and not so faithful up about a signing that is going to happen? Then stay quiet until someone asks him wtf is going on? This is not the first time this has happened. I was hoping for some good things to come this season... All I am seeing and hearing is the same old shit. I would never ever support anyone else but **** me throw us a bone
    I thought he was throwing us a bone with his impending signing shit he posted??

His use of social media to converse with fans is a great idea in principle

Problem is that type of shit is where good will is lost

Stuff like that he needs to shut up about and announce properly when signed and sealed

Blokes probably got a confidentiality agreement of sorts and may be best to try living up to it and stop starting rumours and bullshit with the club

coupla days?? maybe Lawrie is channelling Con...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/49...import/?cs=306
    Apparently we are close to announcing a new signing

Has anyone else taken notice of Hoffman's absence from the starting line up in the last few friendlies?

Also, I assume we are still working on letting some young players go. No Devante Clut on the weekend despite his 2 goals in the last game and his direct competition for the spot scored
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles