Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    The real impact of the cuts to Fairfax Reporting in Newcastle is lack of objectivity imo.

Gardiner and co don't have time to be chasing scoops and rely on the tips and leaks from the Jets and Knights. Gardiner can't afford to be getting Lawrie offside so the use each other. Blurs the lines between reporting and marketing material from the club.

For example, I never saw one story that questioned Lawrie's decision to appoint Jones. Whichever way you want to look at it it was a disastrous decision so where was the scrutiny.
    I don't really think it's been a problem for the sports section, or for the Herald overall really. They continue to produce some top class journalism.

For sport, and football in particular, they have at least three journos to cover one club during the A-League season. They definitely still have time to chase scoops. It's not as if they're not fairly neutral at times either, it's not their job to lay the boot in to a person, performance etc. unless it's a column.

I do think there needs to be more analysis and opinion pieces. Lowey seems like a good bloke but doesn't really offer anything insightful. Dillon probably doesn't do it enough in his column either - not sure why.
    Last edited by parksey; 30-05-2017 at 08:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week