Page 76 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 2687

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I interpreted Ernie's comments not so much as our squad being too imbalanced with youth, but that we had too many young players whom wouldn't challenge the senior guys for positions.

If we swap Alessi for Adelson, IMO it signals that Alessi was never going to push for a position whereas Adelson has more chance.
    It would be Hoff v Adelson. From what people have said from the trials Adelson has been impressive.

Adelson was with Jets Youth a couple of years ago after being let go by WSW but could not get game time behind Papas so moved on mid season to the Mariners. Did ACL at end of season 15/16 then again beginning of 16/17. Has not played many games in a couple of years. Very big risk IMO.

Adelson has been signed for two season.

would've liked us to move Alessi on first considering he is a straight replacement in being the back-up right back

I also wonder, with the signing of this new bloke and having Vujica as an actual left back if that means Cowburn will potentially get game time this season in his actual position which to the best of my knowledge is in the midfield
    Last edited by Mark325; 26-07-2017 at 07:24 PM.

We now have 6 fullbacks on our books. 6. 26% of our available squad spots on 2 positions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    We now have 6 fullbacks on our books. 6. 26% of our available squad spots on 2 positions.
    who's the 6th one? hoff, georgevski, adelson, vujica and alessi are the only dedicated fullbacks i believe we have

Cowburn

He's made 1 first team.appearance in midfield as a sub. The rest he's been left or right fullback
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

So you're saying we shouldn't leak too many goals this season. Please refer to my avatar when considering my comments.:rof

Cowburn

He's made 1 first team.appearance in midfield as a sub. The rest he's been left or right fullback
    In the youth team was he not a midfielder though? I know we've used him in those two positions pretty much exclusively, but he isn't a left back and he's only a serviceable right back.

Depending on how Ernie see's it, we may only have 4 fullbacks come start of the season if he doesn't put Cowburn into those positions and we move on Alessi

Also, don't think anyone talked about him, but did that Pat Langois bloke play alright in the two pre-season games he played?

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Sign Mullen just so Stanny has a meltdown

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Sign Mullen just so Stanny has a meltdown
    I imagine you'd have some choice words member if we resigned him
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Adelson has been signed for two season.

would've liked us to move Alessi on first considering he is a straight replacement in being the back-up right back

I also wonder, with the signing of this new bloke and having Vujica as an actual left back if that means Cowburn will potentially get game time this season in his actual position which to the best of my knowledge is in the midfield
    Hopefully cowburn does not get game time in his preferred position. If he does it means we are struggling big time.
    A decent player but for me a reserve bench player at best

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Hopefully cowburn does not get game time in his preferred position. If he does it means we are struggling big time.
    Gombau thinks otherwise and any player he thinks is socceroos level at any age group, we should be looking to give gametime to
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Carrusca especially seeing he's an Aussie citizen now

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    I don't necessarily think he should be on the bench either, but if through injuries and what not the season gets to a point where he is taking up a bench space, I would rather it be for him to come on in the mids then at right back or especially left back

Cowburn couldn't even hold down a midfield spot in a midtable Jets Youth team

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Gombau thinks otherwise and any player he thinks is socceroos level at any age group, we should be looking to give gametime to
    Yeah that is the weakest fan boy attitude I have seen

Reason shit players like Jackson Clut and Cowburn are playing for the Junior level NT is the standards are so shit

Blokes at their age can't even hold down a first team spit at this club are NT level players by necessity as the candidates ain't there

Based on your wank logic Moss as he an international should start every game as he a NT player and Duncan isn't??

Has nothing to do with performance or ability etc
    Just select blokes based on whether they played for NT at Yoof level or up

Might work well on Football computer games but this the real world

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    In the youth team was he not a midfielder though? I know we've used him in those two positions pretty much exclusively, but he isn't a left back and he's only a serviceable right back.

Depending on how Ernie see's it, we may only have 4 fullbacks come start of the season if he doesn't put Cowburn into those positions and we move on Alessi

Also, don't think anyone talked about him, but did that Pat Langois bloke play alright in the two pre-season games he played?
    And Jamie Carragher was a striker at youth level. Sorry, but he's played 46 of his 47 appearances at fullback. Even for the Olyroos (or whoever it was he went away with) he played fullback. He has to considered a fullback despite what he played in the youth (which I think you're correct in saying he was a midfielder).

You're right, Ernie might have other ideas for him - we will have to wait and see. I agree he was limited as a left back offensively because he kept cutting in.

As for Langlois - not seen any of the pre-seaosn games this year unfortunately but he's getting some time alongside NTS which can't be bad for his development. Hopefully one for the future because it would be good for the Emerging Jets and Youth team to start supplying more to teh first team.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 27-07-2017 at 09:07 AM.

And Jamie Carragher was a striker at youth level. Sorry, but he's played 46 of his 47 appearances at fullback. Even for the Olyroos (or whoever it was he went away with) he played fullback. He has to considered a fullback despite what he played in the youth (which I think you're correct in saying he was a midfielder).

You're right, Ernie might have other ideas for him - we will have to wait and see. I agree he was limited as a left back offensively because he kept cutting in.
    Reason I would like to see him used differently is primarily because, as you said we have 6 fullbacks, even if Alessi is moved on that's still 5 which is one too many.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Yeah that is the weakest fan boy attitude I have seen

Reason shit players like Jackson Clut and Cowburn are playing for the Junior level NT is the standards are so shit

Blokes at their age can't even hold down a first team spit at this club are NT level players by necessity as the candidates ain't there

Based on your wank logic Moss as he an international should start every game as he a NT player and Duncan isn't??

Has nothing to do with performance or ability etc
    Just select blokes based on whether they played for NT at Yoof level or up

Might work well on Football computer games but this the real world
    Luckily for Cowburn he has performed well whenever he plays

love at first sight