Page 64 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 2687

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    "goal scorer or number 10" or "goal scoring number 10"?
    Whoever it is they be just the bloke wearing the number 10 shirt as we know the bloke won't score with a fistful of fifties in a whore house by the time we cripple his game

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    https://twitter.com/bradfogarty95/st...38742229262337 - wish someone would tell Lawrie that...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    https://twitter.com/bradfogarty95/st...38742229262337 - wish someone would tell Lawrie that...
    wonderin how much space that means we have left under the cap, too much for a player the quality of burns which is a shame

would love to see us look at movin on boogard to make space for burns

also, if we tryin to squeeze burns under the cap that'd mean we signing a marquee asian/chinese player then

could do, but I can't see us moving too many of our Jones-unlimitedcontractextension guys on, so I'm thinking we aint getting Burns
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

that just means martin lee isnt giving us enough money for 2 more visa players and a marquee. Poor form lee

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    wonderin how much space that means we have left under the cap, too much for a player the quality of burns which is a shame

would love to see us look at movin on boogard to make space for burns

also, if we tryin to squeeze burns under the cap that'd mean we signing a marquee asian/chinese player then
    nothing to stop us making Burns marquee as well
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Well we dont do markeez so thats heaps to stop

Banned
    Of the 21 signed, only midfielder Wayne Brown and goalkeeper Glen Moss were not present on Monday.

Brown returns from England later this week and will join the group on July 2.

Dimi Petratos, who only recently left Korean club Ulsan Hyundai, was at Ray Watt Oval but is not due to start training until next week.
    Ok I will cut Moss some slack seeing as he is probably on transit back from Russia after being their with the Kiwis.

But the Scandinavian League Marquee??

Why the **** is he not training??

What sort of Bullshit we running where the players ain't front and centre for first day of training??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Ok I will cut Moss some slack seeing as he is probably on transit back from Russia after being their with the Kiwis.

What sort of Bullshit we running where the players ain't front and centre for first day of training??
    I have to agree.
    You know what the first day of training is before you book any holidays. The only excuse can only ever be away on international duties as Moss was.

jeez didn't the bloke just have a kid ffs, probably going back to visit the family you heartless pricks

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    jeez didn't the bloke just have a kid ffs, probably going back to visit the family you heartless pricks
    Just? That was 6 months ago. Why isn't the massive break they had long enough to visit family?

I'm sure Brown gives a shit that you haven't cut him some slack. It said he'll be back later this week. It's not like he's going to be a month behind or anything significant. It was obviously pre-approved by the club and we don't know what the reasons are. Ultimately who gives a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Just? That was 6 months ago. Why isn't the massive break they had long enough to visit family?
    PS I am just playing devil's dadvocate. I don't really give a shit how long people take.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    I'm sure Brown gives a shit that you haven't cut him some slack. It said he'll be back later this week. It's not like he's going to be a month behind or anything significant. It was obviously pre-approved by the club and we don't know what the reasons are. Ultimately who gives a ****.
    Club hasn't made the semis in **** knows how long and it because of weak arse bullshit like this

Blokes an alleged senior player and should be front and centre this week just like everyone else

No I in team and this sending a bad message to the rest of the squad

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    Poor **** has just had 8 weeks Annual Leave

I hate to see how he go working another job where he lucky to get 4 weeks

God help the poor bugger if the Jets make the semis and that eats into the poor sods R&R

Memba - blame the management from coach/club level. They're the ones whom allowed it.

If you're working another job with only 4 weeks allowed and are offered a couple extra, I am sure as shit confident you wouldn't decline
    OK

Club hasn't made the semis in **** knows how long and it because of weak arse bullshit like this

Blokes an alleged senior player and should be front and centre this week just like everyone else

No I in team and this sending a bad message to the rest of the squad
    Yep, because this will make or break whether we reach semi-final football. It's not like he may have had an ill family member, issues with flights, or any other number of circumstances that don't fit into your perfect ideal. He may have booked the trip already and Ernie came in and decided to have the players start a week earlier?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Yep, because this will make or break whether we reach semi-final football. It's not like he may have had an ill family member, issues with flights, or any other number of circumstances that don't fit into your perfect ideal. He may have booked the trip already and Ernie came in and decided to have the players start a week earlier?
    You say that like there 1 flight option a fortnight from Europe to Australia. Bloke has a squillion options a day to get back here whether that be through one of the 40 countries in Europe a with an Airline or the Gulf or Asia or Nth America or Sth America or Africa

A professional competent club don't allow players to be absent from pre season training

No it won't make or break our season as we shot **** already

But it this type of bullshit where we again and again show ourselves as amatuers and it shows WHY we constantly Fail

Not one **** at the club expects 100% from each person employed

The she"LL be right mentality exists

You say that like there 1 flight option a fortnight from Europe to Australia. Bloke has a squillion options a day to get back here whether that be through one of the 40 countries in Europe a with an Airline or the Gulf or Asia or Nth America or Sth America or Africa

A professional competent club don't allow players to be absent from pre season training

No it won't make or break our season as we shot **** already

But it this type of bullshit where we again and again show ourselves as amatuers and it shows WHY we constantly Fail

Not one **** at the club expects 100% from each person employed

The she"LL be right mentality exists
    True. Players that put family or other commitments before their careers are rarely going to live up to their potential as players. If you want to be the best at something you have to give it all you have and forget about anything else such as family which will only distract you.
    It's not about being a good person or about being nice / doing the right thing - it's about winning at all costs.
    Any player that doesn't get it is having a laugh at the club and the fans.
    There are other jobs out there more suitable for people that want to compromise their careers to be with their family / friends.

Nice guys rarely win.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 27-06-2017 at 03:22 PM.

I was actually encouraged by Ernie saying this is the biggest turnout he has had for first week of training in his A-League coaching history (a history which included 2x Premiership/Championship Doubles) tbh ops:
    OK