Page 55 of 135 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 2687

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by white city View Post
    i would hope so,

i only say that as i thought merrick's wish list included bringing in another CM??
    I don't think I have ever heard him say that. The press speculated it was Milligan but that seems extremely unlikely. Merrick made mention of our defensive problems and discipline, but I figure NTS is in response.

Merrick first decision was to re-sign Kanta and I suspect that was the DM he wanted rather than recruiting from outside the club. But I could be reading it all wrong and all depends on the preferred formation Merrick wants to play. If we reverted to 433 then another CM would be needed.

Personally I would prefer another goal threat.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    I totally disagree, in fact its the opposite. We are now stacked with defenders and defensive midfielders, by my count 12 or half the squad. You will see both the last signings will be attacking players, most likely a RW/LW or a AM/RW/LW. Burns is the likely given the comments from McKinna, although I suspect we will end up with an Australian of a lesser standard.
    Scott McDonald?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

The press speculated it was Milligan but that seems extremely unlikely.
    I will be extremely surprised if Milligan comes back to the A-League, after basically confirming his intentions to stay abroad.

Today I've read an article saying he is looking at coming back to Australia, and have also read comments of him heading to the English Championship.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I will be extremely surprised if Milligan comes back to the A-League, after basically confirming his intentions to stay abroad.

Today I've read an article saying he is looking at coming back to Australia, and have also read comments of him heading to the English Championship.
    I am not biting gypo

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

TWG have the usual rehashed "exclusive" of him potentially going back to Victree...

I don't think I have ever heard him say that. The press speculated it was Milligan but that seems extremely unlikely.
    And the random guy I was standing next to at the ffa cup game the other night. Probably just as reliable as the press.

Well considering we still have 2 Visa spots available, I will toss up a familiar name

Harry Novillo was relegated from Baniyas with Mark Milligan. Scored 7 in 9 games there and previously scored 13 in 31 for Melbourne City as a winger. Could be worth a look. He left City in fairly acrimonious circumstances but was never charged for anything

Quote Originally Posted by white city View Post
    To change the talk about NTS.

given we now have 2 spots remaining i think it is fairly clear to see that the chinese player will be the AM/W

and the other spot will be the CM/DM so i think that will be the only other significant player signing we will see, whether that be a foreigner or aussie is yet to be known.

I think Petratos signing has shut the door on Nathan Burns
    Why does the chinese player have to be an AM/W?
    Why cant Burns be the major target for the front 3rd and the chinese player add cover for DM/CM?

Quote Originally Posted by tomo View Post
    Why does the chinese player have to be an AM/W?
    Why cant Burns be the major target for the front 3rd and the chinese player add cover for DM/CM?
    Agreed, let's sign Zhi Zheng
    OK

Banned
    That also being said we also lacking options up front

Our Caravan and Kokko are it

Last season we were lacking in numbers at times and we had Kokko Nordstrand Labi and Bymora

Maybe some reinforcement in this area even if they are a squaddy

I also think we will see some movement out of the squad after Bert gets to assess the squad once training starts because there no way he going to be happy with what he got once he has a look first hand how shit they are

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Last season we were lacking in numbers at times and we had Kokko Nordstrand Labi and Bymora

I also think we will see some movement out of the squad after Bert gets to assess the squad once training starts because there no way he going to be happy with what he got once he has a look first hand how shit they are
    We need An Am and another CM b4 striker unless Kanta and Brown can have amazing seasons
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Could Petratos, or potentially Burns, play that role if required throughout the season?

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    We need An Am and another CM b4 striker unless Kanta and Brown can have amazing seasons
    I don't think we need either of those honestly, why bother signing another attacking mid when we have dimi, clut, shabow and brown in that spot and another cm when we have uga, brown, kanta and johnny k in that position

what we need are wingers, at wellington i know bernie used wingers and right now we have clut and nabbout and that's about it. At victory he put archie out there so maybe caravan will be put in that position and see how that goes but that's all we got
    Last edited by Mark325; 15-06-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomo View Post
    Could Petratos, or potentially Burns, play that role if required throughout the season?
    I could see Nabbout being able to play up front as a sub striker before dimi

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    I don't think we need either of those honestly, why bother signing another attacking mid when we have dimi, clut, shabow and brown in that spot and another cm when we have uga, brown, kanta and johnny k in that position

what we need are wingers, at wellington i know bernie used wingers and right now we have clut and nabbout and that's about it
    I think if burns was to sign, then him or dimi could play out wide

Thats why Burns is perfect because he can play any of the frontline positions

What's going on Member?

You sat this juicy little morsel up there and no one even took a nibble?

Losing your touch son.

Maybe the Jets aren't the only ones who need a big off season.

Wait for our next signing to be Mark Bridge and for the forum to implode

Juicy little morsel

Love it