Page 131 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 2687

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    All but settles the Jackson debate.

Feel for Kanta. He deserved a run into the finals with a stellar season. Shame his body let him down
    makes the CM options a bit thin with both Brown and now Kanta done for the season. Do we think the midfield from the derby will stand up in the finals? Its not as if they were put under any pressure.
    Stevie with Mcgree alongside and slightly ahead of him with Dimi playing as the no.10 - would you make any changes for the semifinal or send out the same team?
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    makes the CM options a bit thin with both Brown and now Kanta done for the season. Do we think the midfield from the derby will stand up in the finals? Its not as if they were put under any pressure.
    Stevie with Mcgree alongside and slightly ahead of him with Dimi playing as the no.10 - would you make any changes for the semifinal or send out the same team?
    Same team as the derby. Best weve looked since the Sydney game. That 11 have earnt their place for the finals
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    I wouldn't make any changes but I saw what I thinnk you have too - we had ample time and space to stop adn think about what we wanted to do. We won't get that in the final - we will be pressed. McGree will have to play a more defensive role, I feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Mcgree more than capable of that

I wouldn't make any changes but I saw what I thinnk you have too - we had ample time and space to stop adn think about what we wanted to do. We won't get that in the final - we will be pressed. McGree will have to play a more defensive role, I feel.
    I think they'll both be capable of it, only other option is Cowburn and that ain't happening

I think Hoffman moves to RB at the expense of JK to the bench. Champness to the right and Pato on the left. Ernie may leave Pato until back half to run at tired defenders. I think Boogs will return. If he's running now he'll take the risk in two weeks time.

As others have said, keep the lineup the same. Only if Boogs is 100% recovered should he be risked.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    I think Hoffman moves to RB at the expense of JK to the bench. Champness to the right and Pato on the left. Ernie may leave Pato until back half to run at tired defenders. I think Boogs will return. If he's running now he'll take the risk in two weeks time.
    Boogs has till friday. If he doesnt play the intra club trial then he is out
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Boogs has till friday. If he doesnt play the intra club trial then he is out
    Was that him saying he's out of the whole rest of the season or just the semi

Yep this is what I would do.
    Hoff to RB, Pato in.

Pato is a game changer, he has the ability to create chances from nothing, he was crazy good when he came on the other night. Obviously the next opponent will put up a better challenge but I still think he has the ability to tear the a-league up.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Yep this is what I would do.
    Hoff to RB, Pato in.

Pato is a game changer, he has the ability to create chances from nothing, he was crazy good when he came on the other night. Obviously the next opponent will put up a better challenge but I still think he has the ability to tear the a-league up.
    I disagree, politely of course.

Leave Hoff up higher to run their defence ragged and cause a bit of havoc. Pato on after 60 mins.

When we play Hoff we basically become a loop-sided 4-4-2. Which I like.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I disagree, politely of course.

Leave Hoff up higher to run their defence ragged and cause a bit of havoc. Pato on after 60 mins.

When we play Hoff we basically become a loop-sided 4-4-2. Which I like.
    Agree. Dampness has scored all his goals playing on the left cutting in. He's best played out there
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Agree. Dampness has scored all his goals playing on the left cutting in. He's best played out there
    Hopefully he can soak up any water if it rains as well

love at first sight

Only thing is bringing on both pato & Vargas off the bench, it feels like we'd then be lessening the energy of the game

Vargas hasn't had the spark since his return that we saw earlier in the season - whether that's the case at training as well I don't know.
    One thing he would bring off the bench though is composure on the ball later on in the game, which we have lacked at times in the year trying to close out games.

Pato could start or bench (deserves at least half an hour though). I have faith in Ernie whichever way he decides to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Vargas hasn't had the spark since his return that we saw earlier in the season - whether that's the case at training as well I don't know.
    One thing he would bring off the bench though is composure on the ball later on in the game, which we have lacked at times in the year trying to close out games.

Pato could start or bench (deserves at least half an hour though). I have faith in Ernie whichever way he decides to go.
    I tend to think Pato and Vargas will be better against tired legs - Pato in particular.

The biggest thing I've taken away from Ronny's return was the run he made against Perth down the McDonald's end. The spark is still there - he's just lost a great deal of fitness.

I think the criticism of Vargas is completely unjustified. Anybody who has had a serious brake understands the mental hurdles one must overcome. It could take months and months for him to get back to his best. Those thinking he was going to waltz up and be as good as he was are extremely naïve.

I think the criticism of Vargas is completely unjustified. Anybody who has had a serious brake understands the mental hurdles one must overcome. It could take months and months for him to get back to his best. Those thinking he was going to waltz up and be as good as he was are extremely naïve.
    I'm not seeing criticism of Ronny in the last few comment, more discussion around how best we use him. I for one wasn't intending to be critical. I can't imagine the mental demons he would have to overcome.

Ronny essentially needs to go through a pre-season (I think) but he can still, and hopefully will still, add value to the team in our remaining games

I wasn't having a go at him, nor saying that there isn't a good excuse for it - but most can agree he hasn't been as good as he was. I also expect that at training in a lower intensity environment he may be closer to the player we remember (I hope this is the case), indicating he will in time be able to return to that confidence and form.

But unfortunately for both him and us, if he isn't able to perform well enough right now due to whatever physical or mental issues he has, it does create a question of whether and how we use him. I frothed on him a LOT earlier in the season and really hope he can prove me wrong in two weeks time. And again I am confident Ernie will make the right choice based on what he sees in training as to whether he is deserving of a spot or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I wasn't having a go at him, nor saying that there isn't a good excuse for it - but most can agree he hasn't been as good as he was. I also expect that at training in a lower intensity environment he may be closer to the player we remember (I hope this is the case), indicating he will in time be able to return to that confidence and form.

But unfortunately for both him and us, if he isn't able to perform well enough right now due to whatever physical or mental issues he has, it does create a question of whether and how we use him. I frothed on him a LOT earlier in the season and really hope he can prove me wrong in two weeks time. And again I am confident Ernie will make the right choice based on what he sees in training as to whether he is deserving of a spot or not.
    I wouldn't even put him on the bench unless he absolutely destroys the opposition in the club trial on friday - and even then I'd have reservations.