Page 29 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    Not to mention that the club is finally rid of the stench of Ben Kennedy.
    Along with about 64% of the material for the Foz in the process
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Do you actually watch the games

He played v Gypos where he seemed to think he had all day with the ball but luckily didn't get punished for it

He then played against Roar when Hoffman got sent. Bloke was easily our best player that night and showed he had the ability to play at this level.

So what exactly what games do you watch??
    Wait, so you are saying porksey was wrong? ops:
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Moss is a comfort signing for Merrick and I'm all for giving the manager some comfort at a new club where he wasn't allowed to overhaul the coaching staff (like others we were negotiating with wanted).

Graham Arnold has made comfort signings at every club he has gone to, and it's always worked out well for him.

Let Merrick have his men. If he fails, it's more of a reason for him not to do a Mark Jones and claim it wasn't his (shit) squad. If he doesn't fail, we can say surrounding himself with these types of blokes is one of the reasons why.
    If Merrick failed it won't be down to signing blokes like Moss

Bert is going to fail because of the systematic problems that have crippled our club

It is his job to address and rectify them

It ain't going to happen over night

Bert can be measured where we are in 2 years time not now not in 6 months not in 12 months

Where we are in 2 years time

Because making the playoffs isn't his job. It to un**** the cluster **** this club is and get us in a position to succeed

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Along with about 64% of the material for the Foz in the process
    The day Kanta puts pen to paper it just a sideways shift

If Raheem comes back he can also get a piece of the action

?? I not have any issue with Duncan last season
    IMHO he our best player

The 10 failures in front of him though on my hit list

Seeing as you want to bag him then please explain how Duncan a contributing issue in our poor form last season from your perspective ??

Enlighten us all
    I don't want to bag Duncan, i think he is an alright goal keeper. But i think anyone who thinks he should be our number 1 keeper outright is not aiming high enough.
    I am also not saying Moss is significantly better, i just think having two keepers to push each other is a good thing. It was someone else who said that Duncan was being punished by signing Moss. I disagree i think it can only be a good thing for the club and now "sufficient form" or best of a bad bunch, shouldn't be good enough from either keeper.
    Last edited by leftrightout; 16-05-2017 at 01:23 PM.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    I don't want to bag Duncan, i think he is an alright goal keeper. But i think anyone who thinks he should be our number 1 keeper outright is not aiming high enough.
    I am also not saying Moss is significantly better, i just think having two keepers to push each other is a good thing. It was someone else who said that Duncan was being punished by signing Moss. I disagree i think it can only be a good thing for the club and now "sufficient form" or best of a bad bunch, shouldn't be good enough from either keeper.
    Well then I suppose we both on the same page.
    I think the signing is good as it should keep Duncan honest and help his development if he retains the No1 over Moss

I also assume we haven't spent big signing him and Bert is keeping funds for the areas that needs improvement Central Midfield for a start

If Merrick failed it won't be down to signing blokes like Moss

Bert is going to fail because of the systematic problems that have crippled our club

It is his job to address and rectify them

It ain't going to happen over night

Bert can be measured where we are in 2 years time not now not in 6 months not in 12 months

Where we are in 2 years time

Because making the playoffs isn't his job. It to un**** the cluster **** this club is and get us in a position to succeed

I'm pretty sure the job of making the finals/winning shit is the Managers Job.

"It to un**** the cluster **** this club is and get us in a position to succeed" - is the job of the CEO...

Just FYI.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    I'm pretty sure the job of making the finals/winning shit is the Managers Job.

"It to un**** the cluster **** this club is and get us in a position to succeed" - is the job of the CEO...

Just FYI.
    Making the finals isn't the job of the manager

Getting an effective football club happening is his job.

Getting an effective football club and finals will come

It not about outcome it about process
    Stop putting the cart before the horse

Getting an effective football club happening is his job.

Getting an effective football club and finals will come

It not about outcome it about process
    Stop putting the cart before the horse
    Stop telling the cart to do the horses job.

ffs.
    Last edited by Roundball Enthusiast; 16-05-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Stop telling the cart to do the horses job.

ffs.
    winner

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    I disagree with this, how is Duncan ever going to perform his best if he never feels like he has to? He can turn up each week and play 90 minutes regardless of how his form is because there is no one else. Will you really see him work hard and improve? he has no reason to!

Also what if he goes down with an ACL injury on a Thursday training session with a game on the Saturday coming up?

There should be more than 1 quality player capable of playing each position in the starting 11 and goal keeper shouldn't be an exception.
    Agreed Birraz was soo good because BK was pushing him all the way

didn't Birraz rush back with half his front teeth broken so BK didn't get a foothold in goals??
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    The member goes and makes a stupid comment about it 'not being the managers responsibility if we make the finals or not' and then you come along with this drivel.

You two are like the Batman & Robin of saying unintelligible comments when trying to make reasonable points. aka 'Foot in mouth disease' or 'Type before you think syndrome'.

So by the same logic in regards to Moss, if we sign Keogh or Taggart or Krishna would you and the member be disappointed? We already have 1 striker, do we really need another one who is as good or better?
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    The member goes and makes a stupid comment about it 'not being the managers responsibility if we make the finals or not' and then you come along with this drivel.

You two are like the Batman & Robin of saying unintelligible comments when trying to make reasonable points. aka 'Foot in mouth disease' or 'Type before you think syndrome'.

So by the same logic in regards to Moss, if we sign Keogh or Taggart or Krishna would you and the member be disappointed? We already have 1 striker, do we really need another one who is as good or better?
    How did i make stupid comment??

I couldnt give two ****s if we make the semis next season
    I more interested that Bert starts building a competent functioning team

That my interest in next season

You plebs who want to measure whether Bert is a success or failure based on whether he can get these shit players into the playoffs are the ones living in delusion

We had two keepers pushing each other in training and games so that the other one performed when picked. Miller said it Birraz said it and BK said it so jog on Frodo
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

How did i make stupid comment??

I couldnt give two ****s if we make the semis next season
    I more interested that Bert starts building a competent functioning team

That my interest in next season

You plebs who want to measure whether Bert is a success or failure based on whether he can get these shit players into the playoffs are the ones living in delusion

You tried to make that point but failed when you said this:
    which is a stupid comment.

I think you meant to say that Ernie has more important things to worry about straight off the bat than just making the finals. Finals football should be secondary to rebuilding this broken club. Is that correct?

Because making finals football, when that becomes the aim for our club, is very much Bernie's job!
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

We had two keepers pushing each other in training and games so that the other one performed when picked. Miller said it Birraz said it and BK said it so jog on Frodo
    Alright, so you might want to read your original post again.

That extra 'o' makes it read that you were being sarcastic and BK was useless. Which seems to be the opposite of what you intended.

Banned
    You tried to make that point but failed when you said this:

which is a stupid comment.

I think you meant to say that Ernie has more important things to worry about straight off the bat than just making the finals. Finals football should be secondary to rebuilding this broken club. Is that correct?

Because making finals football, when that becomes the aim for our club, is very much Bernie's job!
    Nope i pretty certain i said it right

Making the finals has become the fuvking holy grail for this club

Lets just cut the bullshit with that

Lets just get a competent functioning club

**** results
    **** league tables

If we get a competent functioning club results will come playoffs will be made trophies won etc

But no we want to make it all about making the ****ing top 6 as a bench mark on success failure instead of actually just doing what we should be doing to give ourselves the opportunity to succeed

Nope i pretty certain i said it right

Making the finals has become the fuvking holy grail for this club

Lets just cut the bullshit with that

Lets just get a competent functioning club

**** results
    **** league tables

If we get a competent functioning club results will come playoffs will be made trophies won etc

But no we want to make it all about making the ****ing top 6 as a bench mark on success failure instead of actually just doing what we should be doing to give ourselves the opportunity to succeed
    I'll humour your ridiculousness here then.

Define, if you will, what classifies a club as 'functioning competently'?

And which clubs are competent and which ones aren't?

Also, if we shouldn't use the finals as barometer of success what should we use?

I'll humour your ridiculousness here then.

Define, if you will, what classifies a club as 'functioning competently'?

And which clubs are competent and which ones aren't?

Also, if we shouldn't use the finals as barometer of success what should we use?
    Mongrel.