Page 41 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    I don't really think it's been a problem for the sports section, or for the Herald overall really. They continue to produce some top class journalism.

For sport, and football in particular, they have at least three journos to cover one club during the A-League season. They definitely still have time to chase scoops. It's not as if they're not fairly neutral at times either, it's not their job to lay the boot in to a person, performance etc. unless it's a column.

I do think there needs to be more analysis and opinion pieces. Lowey seems like a good bloke but doesn't really offer anything insightful. Dillon probably doesn't do it enough in his column either - not sure why.
    1st sentence is fiction, rest is fair.

NewySports has contributed way more to football than the bogan nrl Herald. DouchyDillon sees to that

Quote Originally Posted by white city View Post
    i think if we are to spend above cap it will be on a so called 'Chinese Marquee'

Marinkovic is definitely better than what we currently have, so these are the signings we have to be making
    Agreed.

And imo Chinese Marquee is a massive mistake. Our marquee is going to need to be a genius to make this squad competitive and signing a player from a country we know to be overpriced is likely to end up with an overpriced dud.

This club continually takes the easy option because we have no ability to sign Visa players from outside the HAL

Marinkovic is great at set pieces but there is a reason he has been permanently parked on the bench for glory

Victory haven't offered Troisi a deal for next season. I would prefer our marquee dollars were spent there. Get Georgevski in his ear

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Agreed.

And imo Chinese Marquee is a massive mistake. Our marquee is going to need to be a genius to make this squad competitive and signing a player from a country we know to be overpriced is likely to end up with an overpriced dud.

This club continually takes the easy option because we have no ability to sign Visa players from outside the HAL

Marinkovic is great at set pieces but there is a reason he has been permanently parked on the bench for glory
    I'd have no issues if we signed Wu Lei as a Chinese marquee. Getting him might be a little difficult though.

Last edited by The Dunster; 02-06-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I'd have no issues if we signed Wu Lei as a Chinese marquee. Getting him might be a little difficult though.

Pfft...like we would ever sign a player like Wu Lei, if we do get a chinese marquee it will be a player with higher pedigree than ma lei lei. a Fringe starter for a 1st division side perhaps. But not someone like Wu Lei

It would be a complete lottery to sign a Chinese marquee of the type that we could attract.

Troisi is 28, a Socceroo and could realistically be tempted to stay in Australia for the rest of his career with the right deal. Offer a 2 year marquee deal now while Victory are sitting on their hands debating what they want to do

100% Troisi would be a perfect Aussie marquee fit for us, leaving an OS marquee spot free for Bert to bring in one of his signature signings

Troisi > Marinkovic
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Troisi would be perfect for the Jets.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    100% Troisi would be a perfect Aussie marquee fit for us, leaving an OS marquee spot free for Bert to bring in one of his signature signings

Troisi > Marinkovic
    Why would Troisi be good for us??

He much better player than we have and doesn't deserve to play football for shit ****s like us

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Why would Troisi be good for us??

He much better player than we have and doesn't deserve to play football for shit ****s like us
    If we ever want to stop being shit we need to start filling the team with players like this, and I would imagine Bert would want this as well...

Kokko has been told again he can leave... if he can find a club!

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/47...arture/?cs=306

Had the feeling that kokko was always going to be moved on, especially with the signing of o Donovan.

We will never know if kokko could have been a success in this league. He appeared the lack the necessary athleticism to succeed in this league.

Gives us the option of going out there and securing a different visa player and one who is not so injury prone..

Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    Had the feeling that kokko was always going to be moved on, especially with the signing of o Donovan.

We will never know if kokko could have been a success in this league. He appeared the lack the necessary athleticism to succeed in this league.

Gives us the option of going out there and securing a different visa player and one who is not so injury prone..
    2 things, he isn't gone yet, so we can stop counting that visa spot as open; and the poor bastard had his jaw broken by a smelly gypsy. Hardly injury prone in anyone's book

and a hamstring (or was it calf?) strain as a result of poor management by trani.

utilised right I think Kokko could still net us enough goals to justify a team spot, so I'd hate to see him go before we get to see his best

Release him and buy speed. We need speed

They really know how to kill a players confidence!! Why cant we keep anything on the quiet. How is Kokko going to show us what he can really do when the club is always putting a for sale sign to him.

I really just dont agree with Mckinna in the media

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by white city View Post
    They really know how to kill a players confidence!! Why cant we keep anything on the quiet. How is Kokko going to show us what he can really do when the club is always putting a for sale sign to him.

I really just dont agree with Mckinna in the media
    Maybe the bloke is showing us what he has got??

FfS it ain't like the Finnish league is renowned world wide.

How many goals would Griff have scored in the Finnish League??

Thousands

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Maybe the bloke is showing us what he has got??

FfS it ain't like the Finnish league is renowned world wide.

How many goals would Griff have scored in the Finnish League??

Thousands
    The Member would score in the Finnish league..... ffs... I prob could too
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    The Member would score in the Finnish league..... ffs... I prob could too
    Too many people give too much credit to leagues in Europe. Obviously the big ones are hugely superior to us but The A-League is a good standard of football and people still just assume it isn't as good as any league in Europe.