Page 5 of 135 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Fighting a 1 man battle keeping you amused more like it
    fosho

Bymora I have seen more than enough of in the Yoof teams at the Jets.

I have seen him playing the last 3-5 years

He isn't anything other than a kid with good engines.
    I baffled how he got a pro deal but that probably more a reflection on the rest of the EJ

I really couldn't give a **** if some **** called a Jets player into the Olyroo camp. That makes **** all difference to whether they are any good

FFS Blokes like Hoffman and Hoole made it once ouon a time

Also you remember last time we made the Olympics someone selected Kristian Sarkies Trent McLenahan and Mark Bridge in the squad.

**** has NFI if he thinks those blokes are competent footballers

Same clown took Raheem Sterling to Sydney and then said on closer look he is shit have him back.

Same bloke has coached the all conquering Smurfs side

So just because you get selected in a camp for an under age NT doesn't mean you have ****ing made it.
    It means **** all
    Fair call on Brymora ill go off your judgement. But ill disagree about cowburn

"So Roy, what's it gonna be like playing for a team that doesn't have giant sauce bottles, stolen railway detonators for a fake cannon, or palm trees on their shirts??"

http://video.nbnnews.com.au/odonovanjets190417.mp4
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Poljak's citizenship application in limbo:

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/46...ttern/?cs=3398
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Tha certainly clarifies a lot of questions around when he can become a citizen. Hopefully that can be sorted out for him sooner rather than later - more for his personal walfare than footballing reasons.

It was interesting that Ugarkovic mentioned Mateo specifically about his influence on him as a player. I understand that there are many on here that don't rate Poljak but I get the sense he has a big role to play off the field as well as on it. He is like a glue amongst the playing group - almost taking the Lucas Leiva role at Liverpool - the experienced pro looking after the younger players and integrating them into the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Tha certainly clarifies a lot of questions around when he can become a citizen. Hopefully that can be sorted out for him sooner rather than later - more for his personal walfare than footballing reasons.

It was interesting that Ugarkovic mentioned Mateo specifically about his influence on him as a player. I understand that there are many on here that don't rate Poljak but I get the sense he has a big role to play off the field as well as on it. He is like a glue amongst the playing group - almost taking the Lucas Leiva role at Liverpool - the experienced pro looking after the younger players and integrating them into the team.
    I'd certainly sign him as a squad player provided he's not on outrageous coin and gets his citizenship. Would provide adequate injury cover come next year if we can sign some high quality midfielders.
    BTW are all these visa guys getting genuine citizenship? or permanent residency?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    I'd certainly sign him as a squad player provided he's not on outrageous coin and gets his citizenship. Would provide adequate injury cover come next year if we can sign some high quality midfielders.
    BTW are all these visa guys getting genuine citizenship? or permanent residency?
    What is this line of thinking about signing blokes as squad players??

WE ARE SHIT

We got the wooden spoon AGAIN

This bloke has been here two years and has not been able to nail down a starting spot in a squad that finished 8th and 10th

Why in ****sname is anyone considering him for a spot for for the future unless you are planning on trying to be Shit forever??

This is the exact line of piss weak thinking that has got us into our hole.

Why blokes like Kanta and BK keep getting deals yet deliver very little

Don't confuse loyalty with charity

Our club has become a charity the last few years with contracts handed out to blokes well below required standard

Hopefully Merrick stops the rot

Not one of our off contract players DESERVE a contract.
    Not ****ing one of them

Hopefully Merrick isn't appointed.

Mods - can this please be stickied and replace the corresponding 2016/17 thread?
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

What is this line of thinking about signing blokes as squad players??

WE ARE SHIT

We got the wooden spoon AGAIN

This bloke has been here two years and has not been able to nail down a starting spot in a squad that finished 8th and 10th

Why in ****sname is anyone considering him for a spot for for the future unless you are planning on trying to be Shit forever??

This is the exact line of piss weak thinking that has got us into our hole.

Why blokes like Kanta and BK keep getting deals yet deliver very little

Don't confuse loyalty with charity

Our club has become a charity the last few years with contracts handed out to blokes well below required standard

Hopefully Merrick stops the rot

Not one of our off contract players DESERVE a contract.
    Not ****ing one of them
    I knew you'd pipe up at my comment.
    Poljak is a big upgrade on Kanta. I could see him filling a similar role as Marinkovic at Perth, Dimitreivic at Sydney, Mahazi at Victory. Very capable players that add strength and overall squad depth.
    I know you want this whole "sign 23 starters shit" but its not going to happen. I, like you would like to see us significantly raise the bar recruitment wise but I find it ironic that you call for stability then say we should sack the absolute lot of them.

As would I.

We looked much better when he was in the team

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    As would I.

We looked much better when he was in the team
    I would prefer a higher quality DM. We already have Uga, Brown, Koutroumbas, Cowburn. Don't need another DM squadie.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    I would prefer a higher quality DM. We already have Uga, Brown, Koutroumbas, Cowburn. Don't need another DM squadie.
    I should clarify - I would look to start another DM but have Poljak on the bench.

I can see your point about the depth we have but I'd put Poljak ahead of Brown and Cowburn in that position in terms of ability. It depends on the coin he's asking for, I suppose.

Banned
    I knew you'd pipe up at my comment.
    Poljak is a big upgrade on Kanta. I could see him filling a similar role as Marinkovic at Perth, Dimitreivic at Sydney, Mahazi at Victory. Very capable players that add strength and overall squad depth.
    I know you want this whole "sign 23 starters shit" but its not going to happen. I, like you would like to see us significantly raise the bar recruitment wise but I find it ironic that you call for stability then say we should sack the absolute lot of them.
    Difference between this bloke and Dmitrecevic Mahazi etc is they are superior in ability to Poljak so that argument is redundant.
    All of them would be starters here Poljak isn't even guaranteed that

Secondly we don't have to sack any of them and I never used the word sack so don't load it in there

They are off contract

Not one of them is deserving of another contract based on their performances

Anyone offering them one needs to be sacked though as they are incompetent

The 10 spots or whatever we have left need to be used on blokes who are better than the blokes we have

No excuses because if we can't find 10 blokes better than currently here they are not looking very ****ing far

Erik paartalu is available

There is a bloke coming off contract at my local club when I lived in the UK Cardiff City, Peter Whittingham. He would absolutely kill it out here, cultured passer of the ball and added bonus he takes set pieces very very well. I know it won't happen but he would be awesome in the middle of the park for the jets.

Difference between this bloke and Dmitrecevic Mahazi etc is they are superior in ability to Poljak so that argument is redundant.
    In your opinion. And most of your opinion is bullshit. So your argument is redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    There is a bloke coming off contract at my local club when I lived in the UK Cardiff City, Peter Whittingham. He would absolutely kill it out here, cultured passer of the ball and added bonus he takes set pieces very very well. I know it won't happen but he would be awesome in the middle of the park for the jets.
    Scores the occasional long range screamers as well. Def won't come here.

Scores the occasional long range screamers as well. Def won't come here.
    He would be a good marquee/designated/outside the cap player IMO

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    THIS...
    We already have 17 signed squaddies / bench players, we do NOT need to sign up any more "depth".

The quality of our squad for next season is already mediocre, we need to sign up some quality now or we're just throwing next season away before it starts.