Page 65 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2687

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    True. Players that put family or other commitments before their careers are rarely going to live up to their potential as players. If you want to be the best at something you have to give it all you have and forget about anything else such as family which will only distract you.
    It's not about being a good person or about being nice / doing the right thing - it's about winning at all costs.
    Any player that doesn't get it is having a laugh at the club and the fans.
    There are other jobs out there more suitable for people that want to compromise their careers to be with their family / friends.

Nice guys rarely win.
    This is a pisstake surely?
    Attached Images Attached Images

True. Players that put family or other commitments before their careers are rarely going to live up to their potential as players. If you want to be the best at something you have to give it all you have and forget about anything else such as family which will only distract you.
    It's not about being a good person or about being nice / doing the right thing - it's about winning at all costs.
    Any player that doesn't get it is having a laugh at the club and the fans.
    There are other jobs out there more suitable for people that want to compromise their careers to be with their family / friends.

Nice guys rarely win.
    What a bunch of absolute bullshit.

You need balance - though not quite the old days where if you went to the birth you were sacked from your job or dropped from a football team (which is what happened). You have responsibilities to your employer.

What I didn't like about Brown's case is he tried to have his cake and eat it. He should never have left Newcastle if he had any doubts about his wife's condition - if he went with the team he should have seen the match out. He is probably showing off his new kid to friends and family overseas but as said before - how much time do you need?

Anyway - we've already had this argument and I'm with Dunster as he is of the same vintage as me!
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 27-06-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    What a bunch of absolute bullshit.
    How is it bullshit ?

The list of persons who are elite in their fields that didn't put their careers first will be a very short list.

How is it bullshit ?

The list of persons who are elite in their fields that didn't put their careers first will be a very short list.
    Jesus Christ, he's a few days late to pre-season training which the club appear to have sanctioned. Let it go ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Jesus Christ, he's a few days late to pre-season training which the club appear to have sanctioned. Let it go ffs.
    The bloke clocked off after he secured a contract extension from the club. He's been on holidays ever since.

Anyone who takes fewer than eight weeks off a year is a fool. In my opinion.

It's quite standard for enterprise agreements to give workers the option of buying an extra four weeks a year.

With every further post I'm regretting agreeing with Member

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    It not about being a few days late

It about the club setting it's expectations as being anything less than 100% commitment to the cause

We have Petratos who has only recently signed can front up in Newy for the first session even though he wasn't required

Yet we have another bloke 12k miles away

What sort of issues you think having one rule for one bloke and another rule for the rest causes??

Like he ain't even the ****ing star player getting preference either

Says a lot about his commitment to the club

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    jeez didn't the bloke just have a kid ffs, probably going back to visit the family you heartless pricks
    Listen to this feminist

ffs, get ya fatass into training browntown. He has to make up for a sh1t season last yr as well.
    Last edited by hawk; 27-06-2017 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Listen to this feminist

ffs, get ya fatass into training browntown. He has to make up for a sh1t season last yr as well.
    And they gave the Finish Messi a 2 years extension... FFS !!!.
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Why are you worried if Brown is late. I hope he is super late and does not turn up. He not exactly set the A league on fire. i think he had what one, two decent games, the rest would not get a start in a decent NPL side.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    It not about being a few days late

It about the club setting it's expectations as being anything less than 100% commitment to the cause

We have Petratos who has only recently signed can front up in Newy for the first session even though he wasn't required

Yet we have another bloke 12k miles away

What sort of issues you think having one rule for one bloke and another rule for the rest causes??

Like he ain't even the ****ing star player getting preference either

Says a lot about his commitment to the club
    Yeah agree 250%....And after 7 years ish season without finals football it's time to commit 250%....we talking making A-Aleague reaching top leagues here, time to show it.... 250% professional .... u think clubs in Europe, South America and Even Asia.. care about weddings , kids... blah blah blah ???? ... helloooo, We doing Brown, Kokko.. and co a favour, they make their money from football, no one else willing to pay them that good so let's be honest here, so give us respect and commit 250%.. So i agree with The membah here.....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

How is it bullshit ?

For the record I don't give a **** what Brown is doing and I don't really rate him. But to say that a person can only reach their full potential if they "forget about anything else such as family which will only distract you" is surely a joke?

Messi, Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Roger Federer, Andy Murray, Manny Pacquiao, Jason Day, Casey Stoner. **** even Obama. I realise for each of these there is a single bloke doing just as much but are you honestly saying these blokes would have done so much more if they didn't have a mrs and kids? **** me.

If you're good at something you are good at something. And vice versa. Regardless of your personal situation.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    Why are you worried if Brown is late. I hope he is super late and does not turn up. He not exactly set the A league on fire. i think he had what one, two decent games, the rest would not get a start in a decent NPL side.
    Yes - there is that.

Maybe he is looking for a club in the July window!

For the record I don't give a **** what Brown is doing and I don't really rate him. But to say that a person can only reach their full potential if they "forget about anything else such as family which will only distract you" is surely a joke?

Messi, Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Roger Federer, Andy Murray, Manny Pacquiao, Jason Day, Casey Stoner. **** even Obama. I realise for each of these there is a single bloke doing just as much but are you honestly saying these blokes would have done so much more if they didn't have a mrs and kids? **** me.

If you're good at something you are good at something. And vice versa. Regardless of your personal situation.
    And Tiger Woods...oh wiat
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    And Tiger Woods...oh wiat
    I did almost mention him.. And at how his career has gone after riding himself of such family distractions haha.

I did almost mention him.. And at how his career has gone after riding himself of such family distractions haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    His career though went down hill when his body packed it in

After his knee blew out he changed his game constantly to compensate

Never got it back to the same level

His sex dramas are just a convenient sub plot to the fact his knee and back are ****ed

I'm talking about what these people are really like not what you think they are like from reading Woman's Day magazine.

I'll put it in these terms - do you think each of those in your list are as good at being a husband and parent as they are in their chosen field ? And by as good I mean world class not average / normal.

The last person the media tried to make out as being worlds best on the golf course and off it was Tiger Woods - and we all saw how that ended.

You are also forgetting about the massive sacrifices these kids parents made to get them to the top - the majority of them would have put their own lives on hold especially wrt tennis, motorcycling, and golf.

Everyone on your list is or was a selfish khunt and to think otherwise is deluded.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 28-06-2017 at 11:03 AM.