Page 74 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 2687

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Is he on a yoof contract?
    Yes. He's on a Youth contract - one of the 3 allocated youth players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    massive
    Big coin coming our way.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

This will be mentioned in tomorrow's herald.
    He's on a senior contract, and was 1 of the 3 required under 20 players. Since we have more than 3 already u20 signed for nxt season this is not an issue. Just wont free up to much $$. Just a spot.

I'm also sure that none of you blokes happy to see a kid shafted after injuring himself on the job are not any of the same blokes who hated on Hoole etc for taking a better deal elsewhere right?

Because you hate it when they leave you but the ones you have no time for are all fine to get the hell out of your beloved club when it suits.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I'm also sure that none of you blokes happy to see a kid shafted after injuring himself on the job are not any of the same blokes who hated on Hoole etc for taking a better deal elsewhere right?

Because you hate it when they leave you but the ones you have no time for are all fine to get the hell out of your beloved club when it suits.
    FFS

Raheem is a ****ing Gypo sell out

There is more than enough reason to hate on him

How the hell is Mark Moric on a scholarship???

Remember we're aiming for 7th. We sweet

I've heard from multiple people that Alessi has been underwhelming in the NPL games he has featured in for the Youth.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I've heard from multiple people that Alessi has been underwhelming in the NPL games he has featured in for the Youth.
    At the age he was and the fact that he had played HAL at 16 it makes you wonder why Popovic released the kid

If he was that good they would have hung on to him to build a defence around until he ****ed off overseas and the WSW cashed in on the transfer fee

The fact that Popovic released him and Shabow doesn't say a lot to me about us getting great players

It says we trying to polish a turd as we are with Clut Jackson etc

Don't necessaily agree Plague. Shafting him would have been putting him out on the curb when the injury happened. The club met their obligations in his rehabilitation and gave him time on the pitch during the NPL system.

Hoole is a bit different. The contract was withdrawn because the terms couldn't be agreed. The similar situation would be Kokko - and I read mixed feelings on how the club handled that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Don't necessaily agree Plague. Shafting him would have been putting him out on the curb when the injury happened. The club met their obligations in his rehabilitation and gave him time on the pitch during the NPL system.

Hoole is a bit different. The contract was withdrawn because the terms couldn't be agreed. The similar situation would be Kokko - and I read mixed feelings on how the club handled that.
    Nah I've no problem with the club acting like a business in regards to the young kid.
    Nor do I have a problem with any player prioritising his own career over that of the club.

Plenty on here want a bit each way.

I think that's fair. The club can't do anything right in the eyes of many.

Balance and perspective is needed

Banned
    Nah I've no problem with the club acting like a business in regards to the young kid.
    Nor do I have a problem with any player prioritising his own career over that of the club.

Raheem rejected the club because he had all these offers in Europe allegedly

Then none of the offers materialise into reality and he ends up on the Gypo Coast

Same bloke walked out on the club before and it was this club that showed loyalty and provided a second opportunity

Loyalty may well be dead these days but the bloke deserves nothing but scorn for his lack of loyalty to the club who have twice given him an opportunity at this level only to have him shaft them to look after himself

Hopefully the club shows the same loyalty next time he comes crawling back and tells him to go take a hike

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Raheem rejected the club because he had all these offers in Europe allegedly

Then none of the offers materialise into reality and he ends up on the Gypo Coast
    The fact you got sucked in by any of this garbage says more about you than Hoole my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    it was this club that showed loyalty and provided a second opportunity
    Nah mate, it was 'this club' who was looking for a winger.

That's the beginning and the end of the 'loyalty' the club showed.

Jets mids under scrutiny from Bert:
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/47...-magic/?cs=306
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Ruben plans to give Jets run for their money:
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/47...-magic/?cs=306
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Here are the quotes that prompted my post following the NBN report last night.

He reiterated that his squad was too young and said he had encouraged some players to find new clubs as their opportunities would be limited.

Centre back Daniel Alessi, who was overlooked for youth team defender Pat Langlois against Weston, is understood to be one of those on the outer, although Merrick would not discuss individual players.

“I’m not overly happy yet with the mix in the squad. We’ve got probably 15 players in our squad that are under the age of 24 with not a lot of experience behind them. We’ve got nine under-20s, which is too many.

“It’s really about they fast-track forward quickly or in some cases we’ll have to bring other players in, but we’re moving in the right direction with the signings we’ve made.

“I just think that I have to be honest right from the start of their opportunity to play, and there are some players I’ve had a fairly frank discussion with, and they are contracted, so if they want to stay with the club, that’s fine, but I would think it’s a key age group, below the age of 24, to play regular football, and if there’s an opportunity elsewhere, there’s two or three boys I wouldn’t prevent.

“And that’s not that they’re not good players; it’s just that we’ve got too many of them and we’ve got senior players in their positions so it’s going to be unlikely they play.”

Val from the Adelaide Advertiser said Currusca is close to signing with another a-league club. Could it be ours? Think he was linked to Victory at some point too.

Injury-free good player. But he is getting on and still a question mark on his durability. I would be disappointed if we didn't sign someone better.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Val from the Adelaide Advertiser said Currusca is close to signing with another a-league club. Could it be ours? Think he was linked to Victory at some point too.

Injury-free good player. But he is getting on and still a question mark on his durability. I would be disappointed if we didn't sign someone better.
    Who needs a CAM? We obviously do. Have the Roar replaced Broich? CCM also have space. WSW even?