Page 79 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2687

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    So does that mean Troisi is under the salary cap ? If so then Jets management have no excuses for not making him a worthwhile offer.
    Jets management have excuses for everything
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Jets management have excuses for everything
    It would seem that way. And as far as due diligence goes from the FFA it's like the only criteria they had for the Jets new owner is that he wouldn't create a club capable of challenging any of the Sydney or Melbourne teams for a finals berth.

I'd be more than happy to see the club folded because what's currently on offer is simply not worthy of our support.

Banned
    It would seem that way. And as far as due diligence goes from the FFA it's like the only criteria they had for the Jets new owner is that he wouldn't create a club capable of challenging any of the Sydney or Melbourne teams for a finals berth.

I'd be more than happy to see the club folded because what's currently on offer is simply not worthy of our support.
    It almost seems like they have sold us a lemon in the Chinese Lightsalesman

Exactly what is he offering us ??

It ain't like we got big name signings

Our club is still run on the smell of an oily rag

Tinkler may have been full of shit but he at least have hope that he was trying to get us successful

The approach from Lee is what??

Because 12 months in I not seeing much change

They go got solid owners for Heart and WSW and then just dumped us onto the first person who they could

So does that mean Troisi is under the salary cap ? If so then Jets management have no excuses for not making him a worthwhile offer.
    Does Troisi have the same agent as Hoole? Cos the news two months ago was that he rejected a marquee position at Victory as not good enough and was off to get a seven figure wage in Europe.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/4...elder/?cs=3674

But as reports surfaced that he was looking for a near seven figure sum as a marquee player - which would put him on a bigger wage than current leading scorer and marquee man Besart Berisha - many amongst the club's fan base began to wonder whether he was worth it or whether such a sum, spent elsewhere, might bring greater value next year.
    These are the sort of things that make you wonder what goes on behind closed doors with City, Smurfs, Victory and the FFA. It's like the FFA rushed Troisi on the Cahill rule and then killed it the next day - something stinks if he is within the cap.

Be fair to the Jets and others of their ilk - it isn't a fair playing field any more.

and then just dumped us onto the first person who they could
    Incorrect - remember Stephen Thompson?
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 11-08-2017 at 04:13 PM.

The FFA need to follow the lead of the MLS and start publishing player wages. Because until that happens the salary cap might as well not even exist.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Does Troisi have the same agent as Hoole? Cos the news two months ago was that he rejected a marquee position at Victory as not good enough and was off to get a seven figure wage in Europe.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/4...elder/?cs=3674

These are the sort of things that make you wonder what goes on behind closed doors with City, Smurfs, Victory and the FFA. It's like the FFA rushed Troisi on the Cahill rule and then killed it the next day - something stinks if he is within the cap.

Be fair to the Jets and others of their ilk - it isn't a fair playing field any more.

Incorrect - remember Stephen Thompson?
    They didn't dump him on to us

The bloke didn't have the cash to fund us that why it never eventuated

The salary cap was a farce the day the FFA changed the rules to allow Olyroo Allowance just so the Smurfs could fit weak ankles and Disco Stu under the cap

It been progressively much worse each year going more and more to the Sydney Melbourne clubs at the expense of the rest

Quite frankly it actually benefits them more by keeping it as it gives them a significant leg up and keeps wages high for shit players at the other clubs

They would be more in favour of keeping it than anyone else

Why did Mr Lee buy the Jets?.... that I would really like to know.......
    Dare to Zlatan

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Why did Mr Lee buy the Jets?.... that I would really like to know.......
    Portfolio increase. Simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Mr Lee is paying the bills, so i can't really complain. This is exactly what i expected from whoever bought us at this stage, in 5 years time i'll make a decision on Mr Lee so until then if we have the choice between wooden spoons and not having a club to support then so be it. I'd rather lose every game for the next 10 years than follow the Gypos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Mr Lee is paying the bills, so i can't really complain. .
    No no no. An owner needs to see a marked improvement or fk right off. There has always been options for ownership. The best being not tight rich cvnts but fat bastards hoole spend and win for the love not some tight wad feel good twat

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Just possibly, Lee might start realising the Chinese concept as he sees it is a dead duck.
    By all means send some Youth out for development but if there are no seniors up to scratch....

Sydney just signed a 30yo, 41 cap polish international to a 3 year contract under the cap. Meanwhile we are still in talks with..............

A player that we have to sign and integrate over the next 2 months?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Just possibly, Lee might start realising the Chinese concept as he sees it is a dead duck.
    By all means send some Youth out for development but if there are no seniors up to scratch....
    Zhu Zhengyu who trialled here is signed to a top three Chinese Super League team but has never actually played a proper match for them. He's been loaned out to a 2nd tier Serbian league team where he played three games, then loaned out again to a 2nd tier Chinese team.

My question here is why did they even trial the bloke ? At the very least we'd need a bloke who is killing it in the 2nd tier of Serbian or Chinese football, not someone who struggles to even get a game.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Jets being comprehensively flogged by their opposition this year. [And I'm not being sarcastic either]. This club needs to really bottom out hard so maybe someone will finally take notice and say things really need to change.

People will soon see that Mark Jones was not the problem - he was just a convenient excuse to mask the fact the club doesn't spend enough to be competitive.

Banned
    Zhu Zhengyu who trialled here is signed to a top three Chinese Super League team but has never actually played a proper match for them. He's been loaned out to a 2nd tier Serbian league team where he played three games, then loaned out again to a 2nd tier Chinese team.

My question here is why did they even trial the bloke ? At the very least we'd need a bloke who is killing it in the 2nd tier of Serbian or Chinese football, not someone who struggles to even get a game.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Jets being comprehensively flogged by their opposition this year. [And I'm not being sarcastic either]. This club needs to really bottom out hard so maybe someone will finally take notice and say things really need to change.

People will soon see that Mark Jones was not the problem - he was just a convenient excuse to mask the fact the club doesn't spend enough to be competitive.
    I was saying that Jones was not the problem all season last year

And it taken to now to finally get someone to agree

Jones was the problem, and symptomatic of the larger problem of jobs for the boys and give a mate/local a go attitude even if they haven't done anything to show they are up to the task. Jones totally phucked the team from having a chance to get into the six, to handing Newcastle another spoon because he had no plan B and couldn't make a strategic sub if his life depended on it. I'm going to give Bert a chance because he isn't a local so will hopefully not put up with the mentality, but appointing someone as goalkeeping coach just because he lived near where Jones grew up isn't good enough, Bowling needs to show he's a hidden genius or get a real GK coach in, no more jobs for someone's nephew...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Jones was the problem, and symptomatic of the larger problem of jobs for the boys and give a mate/local a go attitude even if they haven't done anything to show they are up to the task. Jones totally phucked the team from having a chance to get into the six, to handing Newcastle another spoon because he had no plan B and couldn't make a strategic sub if his life depended on it. I'm going to give Bert a chance because he isn't a local so will hopefully not put up with the mentality, but appointing someone as goalkeeping coach just because he lived near where Jones grew up isn't good enough, Bowling needs to show he's a hidden genius or get a real GK coach in, no more jobs for someone's nephew...
    Agree with the bit about jobs for the boys giving a local a go mentality

I wish Bert all the best but I don't see him un farking us anytime soon

This is a 2-3 year job not a quick fix

We don't make the semis this year AGAIN and the lynch mob will be out calling for Bert's head

Look at what we done this off season

Yeah we bought a couple of OK players in to the club in Petratos and Georgevski and our Caravan

But so has every other club

Looking at others recruiting we still 8th -10th in the League

Jones was never the problem

Just as Bert won't be the problem this season

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    I think you are confusing jobs for the boys with getting the cheapest available person for the job.

Not spending enough coin is the issue - saying it's about Jobs for the boys is simply ridiculous unless Jones was getting paid top dollar for his appointment - which it's pretty obvious he wasn't - as they would not have been so eager to punt him at the end of the season.

Merrick got the nod here because he's out of favour as a coach and would have signed up for not a lot of coin. It was never about him being the best man for the job - His failure to get Wellington anywhere when they spent as much as Sydney and Melbourne - pretty much stamped him as not able to cut it anymore at this level. Nobody else wanted him, he was available cheap - Jets signed him. Game Over.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 12-08-2017 at 04:27 PM.

I am more and more convinced we will not get a marquée... we might get a pretend marquee ( a Kokko kind of marquee)... there was never a South American in the picture (keep in mind we prob have better health care here than Brazil) ..... Mr Lee never said there was money available..... and once again they selling us a dream...... cynical? Yeah can't help it... don't trust the gypo CEO
    Last edited by lquiquer; 24-08-2017 at 10:52 PM.
    Dare to Zlatan