Page 90 of 135 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 2687

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

What about Ugar as a 10? He has the individual skills.

Kanta at 6. Brown at 8. Keeps Dimi, The Queen and Our Caravan intact up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    What about Ugar as a 10? He has the individual skills.

Kanta at 6. Brown at 8. Keeps Dimi, The Queen and Our Caravan intact up front.
    Dimi needs to be central IMO he plays his best there
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Would be interesting to see Ugar moved up but not sure I see it happening. I would have thought Petratos to 10 and Champness to RW

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Would be interesting to see Ugar moved up but not sure I see it happening. I would have thought Petratos to 10 and Champness to RW
    This is also what I would do.

Jorge Luna is a free agent. Argentinian #10. He's small but has a shit load of ability, 30 years old and no injury worries.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jorg.../spieler/55925

Most recently played top tier in Chile and Argentina before that. Has travelled a bit so we might have a chance.

Last edited by The Dunster; 23-10-2017 at 04:28 PM.

Patito Rodriguez still available?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Patito Rodriguez still available?
    He's contracted to AEK Athens until June 2018

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Biggest issue with getting a quality player is the length of the contract. Coming all the way to Australia with no real future guarantee. You really need someone desperate... Burns seems like the player in the sort of situation we may have a shot with. Loan or sign short term with a view to retain him next year. Or hope by January we can offload someone to fit him under salary cap.
    Biggest issue is the players fitness

Look at the Roar bloke straight off the plane can only go 45 mins

He another 8-10 weeks from getting anywhere near decent enough fitness

Even Vargas we got him in what 3-4 weeks out and up until his injury he still finding full fitness and form etc

Basically we never got to see the best in Vargas because he was another 3-4 weeks away from it

Here we are going back to square one again

Sure Griff McKinna and Bert can try the options from the shortlists that Ronny beat them but realistically what is their fitness going to be like??

We don't have 3-4 months to let the bloke find his fitness
    Season is on and we need him delivering straight away

Too me we up shit creek with it and that the reason Bert looked shattered last night. He realised the season and what we could achieve just went with Ronny as soon as his leg went and he was shipped off to hospital

I just don't see where we getting the player from even if Ledman coughs up / insurance kicks in or whatever gives us the cash to get another replacement Marquee

Even if that comes in we still have to get it right and let's be honest Ronny appeared the exception to the norm with us

Brown was lucky not to get sent off last match and doesn't have to vision to create like Ronny, so I don't think he'd be an ideal replacement (just thinking back to the pre-season matches before Ronny arrived, we didn't look threatening in our midfield, Ronny changed all that). Would ideally like another South American like Ronny or Patito, but can't see one wanting to sign a five month contract, unless Griff can pull off a truly miraculous signing...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Who knows Ronny might have a mate he can recommend to Lord Griff

if we gonna roll with the same doodz id rather have Brown and Kanta in the 6 and 8 and push Ugabooga up the park if only for the lulz at how many free kicks Kanta and Brown give away on the edge of the box.

the kids would love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    if we gonna roll with the same doodz id rather have Brown and Kanta in the 6 and 8 and push Ugabooga up the park if only for the lulz at how many free kicks Kanta and Brown give away on the edge of the box.

the kids would love it.
    Don't have BK in goals so we not going to need to have the did he dive debate etc

We have a spot left in the squad whoever we sign if anyone it doesnt have to be short term contract.
    Get a token Chinese bloke on injury replacement and keep marty happy, everyone wins.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    brown's not good enough to be the starting 10 in a side looking to give this league a shake.

good impact player and clubman, but we shouldn't be relying on him.

dimi to 10 and champness to the wing makes sense. geez we are light on options in the front third.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

brown's not good enough to be the starting 10 in a side looking to give this league a shake.

dimi to 10 and champness to the wing makes sense. geez we are light on options in the front third.
    Shabow looks good as well so their's another option were just lacking number 9s
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

hear this exact discussion on the Jetstream preview podcast from 645am
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Does anyone one remember, with any certainty, which position we signed Brown to actually play in?

Was he signed as a #10? Or was he thrown there through necessity backnin the day?

Does anyone one remember, with any certainty, which position we signed Brown to actually play in?

Was he signed as a #10? Or was he thrown there through necessity backnin the day?
    I feel like he started there in preseason but got shuffled back to be deeper because Jones wasn't happy with Ugar and/or Poljak at various periods in time and we had other options at 10 (Nordstrand, Clut)

Looks like as a 10

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/39...g-wayne-brown/

The Englishman said central midfield was his best position but he had played in wider roles.

“I’m looking to provide some goals and some assists,” he said.

“I can play all through the midfield or in behind the striker. I’ve played right wing, but I’m more of a man who comes inside and gets on the ball and tries to link that way. I’m not the sort of player to go and beat someone on the outside.”
    OK

Chuck Champness into the #10. I reckon he has the attributes to be the next R*gic. Also, he is a bit lazy in defense which you can afford a little bit more if he is in the 10 rather than wide.