Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: The Official Ernie Merrick Out Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    You want $400k a year performance from a 100k a year player - it's not going to happen.
    He doesn't have any goalscoring issues - he's a regular A-League standard player - he's not Castro, Dimi, Ikonomidis... and so on.
    He ain't no Castro and co for sure, Nobody for a fleeting moment suggests he is. If he is regular A League standard then we have a serious problem with the standard of our national competition.

You want $400k a year performance from a 100k a year player - it's not going to happen.
    He doesn't have any goalscoring issues - he's a regular A-League standard player - he's not Castro, Dimi, Ikonomidis... and so on.
    I can tell you there isn't many players on $400k or more in the league. Adam Taggart certainly wasn't on $400k when he scored all those goals for the Jets in what seams a lifetime ago. He would have been lucky to get $100k.
    I would say Fitzgerald is a regular A League standard player for teams 7-11, if you want to play finals then he isn't a starter. Not sure how you can suggest he doesn't have goalscoring issues. 13 goals in 167 games for an attacker, that a goal in nearly every 13 games. Going on that rate he will only score 2 maybe 3 for the year. I'm still struggling to see how he doesn't have any goalscoring issues??? If he had been scoring heaps of goals then he wouldn't be at his 5th A League club.
    At the end of the day Fitzgerald appears to be a good guy, he probably is in his prime age as a footballer. I want to see the guy play well and score heaps of goals, He is a clever player who is missing a few goals to his name, bit of luck and confidence then he could come good.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I can tell you there isn't many players on $400k or more in the league. Adam Taggart certainly wasn't on $400k when he scored all those goals for the Jets in what seams a lifetime ago. He would have been lucky to get $100k.
    I would say Fitzgerald is a regular A League standard player for teams 7-11, if you want to play finals then he isn't a starter. Not sure how you can suggest he doesn't have goalscoring issues. 13 goals in 167 games for an attacker, that a goal in nearly every 13 games. Going on that rate he will only score 2 maybe 3 for the year. I'm still struggling to see how he doesn't have any goalscoring issues??? If he had been scoring heaps of goals then he wouldn't be at his 5th A League club.
    At the end of the day Fitzgerald appears to be a good guy, he probably is in his prime age as a footballer. I want to see the guy play well and score heaps of goals, He is a clever player who is missing a few goals to his name, bit of luck and confidence then he could come good.
    Taggart hadn't established his value when we'd signed him due to a lack of game time. By the time he did we were never going to get him again for $100k a season - hence why Fulham signed him to a contract.

Fitzgerald is all we can afford at this stage. Either accept it or throw your own money into the team.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 26-12-2019 at 01:18 PM.

He's not Stanny. You just don't rate anyone that wears a Jets shirt.

Dimi is the most underrated player in the A-League. Blokes a legend and all you lot do is trash him.

Ninkovic wouldn't last 5mins surrounded by the players Dimi has to prop up every week.
    I do rate Dimi but not as a goal scorer

Just announced he has parted ways.

Who's Next?

Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

Who's Next?
    Odds on for the gypo CEO to be coach on Friday.

OK, good thing or bad thing?

Ernie getting out with some dignity?

Martin making some more effort?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

Who's Next?

Exhaustive process for coastie overlord to appoint himself is my bet.

Well, Clayton Zane can... oh, shit...

Id like the appointment of Lawrie just to see the mushroom cloud expanding over Kotara South once the statement goes out
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

https://www.theroar.com.au/2020/01/0...ernie-merrick/

W-League coach Craig Deans and current assistant Qiang Li will serve as interim coaches

Deans has been given the gig. Must be due to the women performing so well.

Would be interested to know who made the call. Did Ernie say enough or did ledman find some cash to pay him out.

Anyone have any idea for good replacements? Some dude called John Jutchinson just got sacked as assistant at Western United, could be worth a look in

Ernie had to go and his stubborn ways and idiotic tactical desicions left us no choice

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Anyone have any idea for good replacements? Some dude called John ***tinson just got sacked as assistant at Western United, could be worth a look in
    If you weren't one of us, that would be a great troll.

PS: Typo fixed.

Save the speculation for the New Coach thread please
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by westjet View Post
    Would be interested to know who made the call. Did Ernie say enough or did ledman find some cash to pay him out.
    i think you pose a great question,I posted a fortnight ago for all of Ernie's questionable decisions going right back to the first 8 weeks of last season at nos stage would he have even envisaged having such a lean budget to work to.

I would say he was told he was struggling after last nights efforts and at that point he would have blown up deluxe citing Martin Lee's lack of funding. Me thinks a bit of both would have resulted in this outcome.

News is reporting that Ernie got the hook as Ernie said he did not choose to leave when they talked to him after the news broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    I'm now convinced.
    Failed to motivate; failed to instil discipline. Had to go. Thanks for 2017-18, Ernie.