Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NBN State League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by supasub View Post
    I remeber everyone was predicting jets yoof to be running last at the start of the season.
    yeah, and alex ferguson was predicting man u to win the title, same diff just that no one cares what you remember supasub, does this make you einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    Olympic v Edgeworth
    1st 1-1
    U19's 5-0
    another game where olympic dropped u23 players back, bit dissapointing from them

Is the FFA seriously changing the age groups to 1st grade U20's U18's and U16?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    yeah, and alex ferguson was predicting man u to win the title, same diff just that no one cares what you remember supasub, does this make you einstein
    Was that a necessary comment?
    I think not.

Charlestown v Southy
    23's 0-0
    1sts 1-1. Charlestown reduced to 10 Men after 8 minutes for dissent

Quote Originally Posted by Hamma12 View Post
    Charlestown v Southy
    23's 0-0
    1sts 1-1. Charlestown reduced to 10 Men after 8 minutes for dissent
    how was the game Hamma?

from the herald

Gunners slip up in race to secure fifth
    BY CRAIG KERRY
    27 Jul, 2012 04:00 AM

MARCHED: Charlestown’s Kyle Hodges after copping a second yellow card at Lisle Carr Oval last night. Picture: Ryan Osland

SOUTH Cardiff blew a golden opportunity last night to take the upper hand in the battle with Edgeworth for the fifth and final play-off place, conceding a late equaliser to a Charlestown side who played with 10 men for 85 minutes.
    Defender Cameron Hughes caught the Gunners napping at the far post to head home a 30-metre cross from Adam Boulter on the left in the 83rd minute of the Northern NSW State League catch-up game at Lisle Carr Oval.

The goal cancelled out Martin Raines’s 43rd-minute finish on the far post from Brae Smith’s low cross.

The 1-all draw moved the Gunners to 23 points, equal with fifth-placed Edgeworth on points and goal difference but behind on goals scored.

Charlestown (31 points) stayed fourth, two points off leaders Hamilton with three games left. The frustration on both sides was palpable, the Gunners for missing a plethora of chances and Charlestown for another display of the poor discipline that has plagued their season.

Central defender Kyle Hodges was the offender, earning a yellow card for an intentional handball near halfway, when he grabbed a ball going over his head to a Gunner running into space.

He then abused the referee, allegedly using foul language, and was handed a second yellow. He may also face longer than the standard two-week suspension, after shouting abuse as he left Lisle Carr Oval.

Hodges was sent off for two yellow cards inside the first 20 minutes in a 3-2 loss to Edgeworth three weeks ago and Blues coach Mark Wilson has clearly had enough of the experienced defender’s ill-discipline.

‘‘We should have led at half-time and we nearly pinched another goal at the end there, but you can’t get someone sent off after five minutes and expect to win a match,’’ Wilson said.

‘‘It cost us the game. I’ve got no problem with the send-off, I’ve got a problem with our guy and his discipline.’’

Wilson, though, praised the mental toughness of his side to keep the Gunners at bay and create counter-attacking chances.

South Cardiff’s frustration came from their continued inability to score goals.

‘‘The desire to win’s there, just the composure needed to win a game is lacking,’’ South Cardiff coach Steve Piggott said.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    how was the game Hamma?
    wasnt the best game i thought.
    Southy struggled against 10, you should be dominating these types of games.
    so frustrating playing against 10 for that long and not take the chances

shitty that yoof v edgy was moved to sunday...had to spend the arvo with the mrs
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    shitty that yoof v edgy was moved to sunday...had to spend the arvo with the mrs
    It was moved coz I was sure it was on Saturday but when I double checked Friday it said Sunday.

Anyway

Jets Yoof 4 Edgy 1
    Kale Bradbury 2 (1 a pen)
    Virgili and the ground announcer said Remington but I didn't think it was him.

HT 2-0 Jets

NSWIS won 5-1 and are minor premiers in 19's

Didn't see the EAP result though

Members report coming soon once I get the stench of tomato sauce out of the ****ing car!!!

U/17s: Olympic 0 - Charlstown 1
    U/19s: Olympic 6 - Charlstown 1
    U/23s: Olympic 3 - Charlstown 4
    First: Olympic 3 - Charlstown 0

Valentine V Southy
    17's 5-0
    19's 0-1
    23's 1-3
    1st's 0-0. Phoenix played the last 30 minutes with ten men
    for a two foot challenge inside Southy's six yard box
    Last edited by Hamma12; 30-07-2012 at 01:42 PM.

MFKS… It did look like Remington who scored the other Jets goal but I've only seen him once or twice.

Jets Y looked pretty comfortable going 2-0 up.. Edgy got one back straight after HT and for the next 15mins looked like they might grab a second. Jets scored the 3rd & that was it. For most of the game Edgy players looked old, fat, slow, and should probably concentrate on playing football rather than trying to sledge the other team. I think it was Damien Zane (can anyone confirm who the #6 was?)… I can't remember seeing anyone so fat on a football field.. even Bobby Catlin looked more athletic than Zane… he could certainly run his mouth all game though.

Banned
    Made the trip out to Edgy today and took in the Jets Yoof game with about 200-300 others. Was a pretty disappointing turn out really. Last time Jets played Edgy there would have been twice as many there and the weather was worse with a cold westerly blowing that day. Where the **** was everyone??

Anyway there absence was the Members gain as it meant there were plenty of pies going in the canteen for a change and the Member tucked in. Did have one problem with them though the sauce under went the process of osmosis going through the ****ing bag all over the passenger seat of the Members chariot. ****ing thing still reeks of ****ing Tomato sauce!!

Anyways during warm up I managed to take note that Galloway was in the blue and red kit and not warming up with Big Bobby Catlin who was putting Jack Duncan through his paces so recent shenanigans would hopefully be avoided this game although the Jets were playing Russian Roulette with Faj's and Galloways footballing careers as their was no GK on the bench if something was to become of big Jack

Anyway 5 mins in at it could have been 1-1 but was still 0-0with both teams having headers from 6-10 yards out slip narrowly wide
    About 10 mins in and the Jets won a penalty. Virgili picked the ball up centre field and went galloping towards the box. Rounding 1-2-3-4-5-6 defenders or so it seemed. I did lose track of how many blokes he was beating because I kept uttering pass the ****ing ball you ****ing hog or something similar whilst Virgili gave us his Leo Messi impersonation. At the top of the d he left fly with a shot which the keeper parried (poorly) the ball bobbled back into the goal mouth. Kale Bradbury showing that he isn't letting the weight of the Members expectations weigh him down was first to the ball. Was expecting a first time shot but Kale showed poise to take the piss go round the keeper and get brought down for a penalty. Surprisingly no cards were given!!! As Kale would have been into an open net 12 yards out I am baffled how the keeper got away with out a red but that would probably be down to the incompetence of the refereeing but this was probably a good thing as a letter of the law send off here 10 mins in would have ****ed Edgy.

Anyway Kale picked himself up and grabbed the ball and put it on the spot. Whilst poised over the ball I was preying for a Pirlo like penalty but I have that on good authority Lord Griff has taken out a patent on them and it can't be used to when he comes back and we win a penalty V Gypos. Kale advanced on the ball sending the keeper diving to the right whilst Kale calmly slotted in the other side of goal. Class

Minutes later Edgy were caught out with their high line they were keeping by the Jets who were playing more through balls to players running on than normal ( PAY ATTENTION TO THIS GVE ) Young Kale was away and took the Maradona>> Messi >> Virgili approach when the simple option would have been to draw the keeper and shoot he decided to go round the keeper and around more retreating Edgy players allowing the Edgy keeper to recover and parry the eventual goal bound shot

About 20 mins in and Virgilli was away down the right flank all he had to do was play a ball somewhere between the 6 yard box and 15 yards out and Kale would have had time to take a touch write his memoirs and then score but a poor cross was cut out by the only Edgy player within 30 yards of Virgili or Bradbury when it would have been easier for Virgili to find Kale!!

30 mins in and it was 2-0 Jets countered and had numerous chances to play "THE BALL" to create the shot but everyone kept passing it on across the park. Eventually found the over lapping full back Hoole who ran him self into a culdesac about 2-3 times on the byline. Eventually got a ball into the goal mouth which found Virgili. Chilli has spent far too much time watching Messi on You Tube as the idea to run past everyone needlessly came flooding back as James started another dribbling session in the box and beat 2 men before lashing past the keeper from 6 yards out.

Few mins later the Jets had a penalty appeal turned down for Virgili being bundled over in the box. Probably a fair call but could have been given

35 mins and big Sam Galloway left his only notable contribution on the game. Correction left it on the Edgeworth striker who Sammy went in on Muscat style. Have seen tackles better than this one given red but the prick with the whistle was quite lenient and only gave Sammy a yellow.

38 mins in and Mitch Cooper had space on the edge of the box for a shot. Mitch has been seen practicing shooting with Zadko all week and his private tuition from Rubes paid dividends as the shot went at least 18 yards wide of the goal and at least 18 yards over the goal. Money well spent Mitchy!!!

Right on half time the prick with the whistle showed his incompetency to all and sundry. Peppz reached out needlessly and blocked a ball with his hand. Everyone in the ground seen it. Peppz even ran away trying to avoid getting booked all the players stopped. One problem the cockhead with the whistle didn't see it and it was play on. 30 seconds later Peppz used his hand again to control the ball very subtle this time though. This time most of the people in the ground didn't see it though Most on the eastern side of the ground did and a few Edgy players did. Pity the ref didn't!!

One of the Edgy players even suggested to the ref "Why don't you just give them the game if your gonna let that stuff go??"

Anyway Halftime Jets 2-0 up Edgy hadn't been bad just that today the Jets were pretty sharp in attack and creating a bit more than normal.

Second Half started with Peppz and Virgili subbed off for a few of the lesser squad members to be given a full half.
    50 mins into the game and Edgy got an equaliser. A long throw into the centre of the park was needlessly allowed to bounce around (Where the **** were you Galloway???) Due to this an Edgy player was able to Jostle with right back Hoole for the ball and came out better with a 1-1 with Duncan. Edgy striker slipped it into the corner of the net past the advancing Duncan. Scrappy goal to concede but a good finish none the less

Game now starting to develop as Edgy were making a fist of it and getting it to 2-2 and the Jets also looked capable of making it 3-1 at anytime.

55 mins and Mitch Cooper burst through the centre circle. Had the chance to pass left to Faj or right to Kale and both players would have a 1-1 with the keeper. Mitch will learn from his mistake next time because he picked Faj. Faj's effort at goal was piss weak to say the least and the keeper saved the harmless effort. FMD

58 mins in and Edgy had a free header about 8 yards out after a cross was ballooned up by a Jets clearance attempt. Should have done better and out for a GK

68 mins in and after good work by Faj down the left Flank he found Kale in space in the box. Kale tried a little move to turn with the ball whilst bringing it under control. The idea was good in theory but with the expectations of the Member bearing down on Kale he didn't make much contact with the ball and it rolled away to the fullback for a clearance. Keep it simple sunshine!!

73 mins in and it was 3-1 to the Jets after again shuffling the ball in to players from the left flank a Jets midfielder found himself in space 30 yards out right in front. Turned and went running at goal before letting fly with a great finish from 23 yards out. The ground announcer gave the goal to Luke Remington but I thought it was the other blond headed sub (Name escapes me) though I could be mistaken!!

76 mins in and it should have been 4 for the Jets Kale once again showed his class after a great run into the box in the inside right channel and leaving defenders in his wake he squared a brilliant ball through traffic to the one and only Faj. Faj was 8 yards out and running onto the ball and had a gaping goal at his mercy. All I can say about the shot was it nearly brought rain and that we are gonna get done for Salary Cap breaches as Rubez must be making a killing running these clinics on shooting of his. FMD

90mins 4-1 Jets Kale received a through ball after beating the offside trap near half way. Rounded the keeper outside the box (TAKE THE PISS SON) and then beat the retreating defender to the ball by a millisecond before having seven shades of shit kicked out of him as the ball trickled into the net.

Thank **** the ball ended up in the net otherwise this Edgy player would have seen red in an instant. Late and definitely denying a goal scoring opportunity.

In Injury time and Faj nearly made it 5. Creator was one Kale Bradbury and the play of the day Kale's turn on the byline when in a culdeac and magic flick to find Faj were purely the ****ing divine touch of Griff. Faj blasted at goal and somehow the keeper kept the ball out. Well giving the keeper credit here is a bit generous as it hit him and sort of squirted past the post somehow with him not having much of a clue.

Fulltime Jets 4-1

Bit harsh on Edgy as a 4-1 scoreline didn't reflect how close they were truly. 4-2 may have been a little more just.

Members Ratings

The legend of Kale I give a 6.5 out of 10 today. 2 goals, some nice touches but I expected a bit more from him today and every other day for that matter. Good news is he will bang in 3 next week!!!

The Faj I give 2 out 10 busted his arse all day but the 2 shots he crucified at goal were ****ing pathetic. Almost a clone of Marko Jesic most days!!!

Galloway I give a 6 out of 10 wasn't really sighted other than his first half hack which is probably a good thing on balance.

PS One thing I did note was that the linesman was a Ranga. Why the **** are so many match officials in the NNSW Federation Rangas?? Is there some sort of reverse discrimination policy in place where Rangas get 2 for 1 deals at refereeing courses if they bring a ranga mate along??

EAP won 1 nil

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    It was moved coz I was sure it was on Saturday but when I double checked Friday it said Sunday.

Anyway

Jets Yoof 4 Edgy 1
    Kale Bradbury 2 (1 a pen)
    Virgili and the ground announcer said Remington but I didn't think it was him.

HT 2-0 Jets

NSWIS won 5-1 and are minor premiers in 19's

Didn't see the EAP result though

Members report coming soon once I get the stench of tomato sauce out of the ****ing car!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    EAP won 1 nil
    Just noticed the northern site, where the u/17 score was entered as 2 - 1 to Edgy, nice try Edgy you were stitched up in all 3 I am afraid.

site actually had edgy winning 1st grade 4-1 earlier

correction...still has

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    correction...still has
    wishful thinking from the edgy crew, one too many I suspect

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Made the trip out to Edgy today and took in the Jets Yoof game with about 200-300 others. Was a pretty disappointing turn out really. Last time Jets played Edgy there would have been twice as many there and the weather was worse with a cold westerly blowing that day. Where the **** was everyone??
    A real report mfks. Makes those channel 9 twats with their goofy grins and sickly agreeable opinions look like goofballs.