Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NBN State League Thread

Just tweeted that Jets youth won 8 - 2

Cheers yeah saw that on twitter, they usually put up who scored not long after tweeting the result.

Anyone go to these games? Charlestown City beat Valo 3-1 today at Cahill Oval. Not the most entertaining game and CC looked pretty comfortable all game.

Banned
    Been to the last 4 yoof games but missed that one. FMD 8-2 towelled them up. Did note that Kale Bradbury got 4 goals.

FFS GVE **** Bridges off put Kale in the first team and then sign up Griffo to play alongside him.

I sense the force is strong in Kale

HAL title will be in the mail by December assuming he is paired up with Griffo.

Huge wraps on Kale. If he works on his fitness and starts to defend from the front more, he'd be an all round quality striker. He seems to just wander around until it looks like he can score then goes into full gear. It works at this level, but not sure it would in NYL/A-League. Don't get me wrong, he's a class player and if managed well over the next couple of year he'll be playing First Team football.

Match report has just been posted for the Jets game.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...h-win-82/47933

The Newcastle Jets youth team have returned to the top of the NBN State League table following an 8-2 thumping of Lake Macquarie City at Macquarie Field on Saturday afternoon.

The Jets took a 3-1 lead into the halftime break before the floodgates opened in the second half with Lake Macquarie reduced to 10 men.

Kale Bradbery scored four goals to increase his season tally to 15, while Jacob Pepper, Andrew Hoole, Luke Remington and McLean Nadfalusi also got their names on the scoresheet.

The second-half rout pleased Newcastle Jets assistant coach Craig Deans who has emphasised the importance of being more clinical in the front third in recent weeks.

“It was better than previous weeks and I think it was also good because Lake Macqaurie were down to ten men,” Deans said.

“It can sometimes make it more difficult to break down teams with 10 men because they tend to sit back a bit.

“We spoke about it at halftime and they created a number of chances and probably could have scored a few more goals then they did, so it was pleasing from that point of view.

“They’re younger than most of the teams they are playing so they’ve got the fitness and speed on their side. If they use it properly it can be a real bonus for them.”

Deans said it was disappointing the Jets conceded two goals, but it was something they would continue to work on.

“Sometimes when you’re controlling the game you can become a little bit lazy,” he said.

“The boys know that and to their credit they asked a few questions about that at the end of the game and how they can stop that from happening.”

The win moved the Jets into first place in the NBN State League on 29 points, one ahead of Broadmeadow Magic who drew 1-1 with Weston Bears on Sunday.

The Jets will face a tougher test on Saturday when they face third-placed Hamilton Olympic at Darling St Oval. Olympic are just one win behind the Jets but have a game in hand.

Not having a shot at chris tuner, but its seems lakes may have made a mistake sacking their previous coach.
    Last edited by The Baby Piglet; 02-07-2012 at 04:17 PM.

they didn't sack their previous coach.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    they didn't sack their previous coach.
    Apologies i was under the impression he was sacked. That being said i retract my initial comment

graham the former coach left due to non-football issues. the club backed him 100%, and will continue to do so if/when he returns one day (as the article in the paper read).

a good source has indicated to me that the Jets Youth players who train with the first team have been given the weekend off, 6 players who are regulars for the youth team will be missing, this to me is wrong, the Jets have a commitment to the the NBN competition and gives this weekends opposition,olympic an unfair advantage, I know clubs have injuries and players are unavailable but to blatantly give them the weekend off is a kick in the face to NNSWF, opinions please.

my opinion: any club could do this, on any weekend.

my opinion: any club could do this, on any weekend.
    like i said, clubs have injuries and players unavailable

spot on ForeverRed. This shows the lack of respect both the Jets and Fed have for the local competition.

Clubs do have injuries but they don't have the luxury to drop 6 players just for the sake of it. This also raises the fears many in the local comp had about biase towards certain sides in the comp.

Respect the comp or piss off in my opinion.

if anything, don't the clubs have more luxury to just drop 6 players as they have two or three grades underneath them full of players they can use, as opposed to the jerks yoof who can't use nswis and eap players?

if the yoof can now use nswis & eap players i apologize and forget that comment, i am under the impression they can't use them.

What club would have the luxury of dropping 6 players and bringing in 6 first grade quality players from U/23'S? Maybe a few years back when there was a regies comp but not now.
    The Jets youth have a playing roster of 20+ to call upon don't they?

well isn't that the whole argument?

clubs have 22+ players to pick from first grade and under 23s, both age groups higher than jets yoof have to pick from.

if the yoof drop 6 players and their 6 replacements are up to first grade, then where exactly is the unfair advantage given to olympic?

and if the yoof drop 6 players and their 6 replacements are not up to first grade, then they're in exactly the same position clubs would be in if they had to drop 6 players for certain reasons - whether it be the 6 are overworked and need a break, or they're all going to a friends wedding, or they're going on a skiing holiday, whatever.

all i'm saying is if necessary, as the jets feel it is for this weekend, any team can do exactly what the jets are doing for this weekend.

well isn't that the whole argument?

clubs have 22+ players to pick from first grade and under 23s, both age groups higher than jets yoof have to pick from.

if the yoof drop 6 players and their 6 replacements are up to first grade, then where exactly is the unfair advantage given to olympic?

and if the yoof drop 6 players and their 6 replacements are not up to first grade, then they're in exactly the same position clubs would be in if they had to drop 6 players for certain reasons - whether it be the 6 are overworked and need a break, or they're all going to a friends wedding, or they're going on a skiing holiday, whatever.

all i'm saying is if necessary, as the jets feel it is for this weekend, any team can do exactly what the jets are doing for this weekend.
    Hey PV4,
    I am not saying that the Jets Youth have an unfair advantage but they certainly do have an advantage and to think that they don't is being a touch naive.

First off the Jets get to pick the from the best youngster from predominantly the Newcastle, Hunter Valley, Central Coast, Coffs Harbour and even as far as Sydney. They have players from different parts of the country. These are some of the best young players in the country or they should be (we hope).

These players are 75% full time athletes i would assume safely. They are apart of a professional environment. If they need a physio they get one right away. Some would be Uni and some would be working part time i guess the rest would be focusing on their football. Unlike 90% of the state league where they have to work, support a family and deal with life. Where the Jets boys leave training go home and mum has cooked dinner. Wouldn't that be nice (i wish i had dinner ready when i got home).

They have some of the best coaches in the country to draw knowledge from. They have senior players to do the same with, and some are training with the top players in the country. These boys are also highly motivated and have the time to put in the effort.

These are just some of the advantages the jets boys have. But dont get me wrong there are some experienced and good players in state league that may even up the situation. But the advantage is clearly in the Jets corner.

cool story bro. this whole argument, however, started by saying olympic would have an unfair advantage - which is exactly what i was counter-arguing. i don't disagree with the majority of what you are saying, and i think for the best up-and-coming players it's exactly what they need and deserve. so i think we're on sort of the same lines.

also don't get too caught up on the whole full-time athlete vs working to feed families etc - from what i've been told there are players that would be getting paid a lot more to play for state league clubs than to play for the yoof. i think a few of the yoof boys would have to get meals cooked by mum because they probably couldn't afford to move out. but that's just a little point, don't get too caught up on it.

I can see the frustration for teams in around the mix for finals. The Olympic/Jets result on the weekend could decide who plays the minor/major semis. Teams like, Charlestown and Southy who are chasing Olympic would be a little more disadvantaged with Jets fielding a different lineup. Fair enough if the Jets feel they are putting out their strongest team, but resting 6 first team players doesn't sound like they are fielding their strongest team. Fair enough if the players are injured or maybe even resting 2-3 this week, 2-3 the next week would've been better. Players like Virgilli, Pepper, Chapman and Hoole (I'm assuming they are 4/6 that won't be playing. Perhaps Bradberry and Campbell? too) make a massive difference. A team without those players is drastically weaker.

The unfairness comes when say Charlestown and Southy play full strength teams and draw/lose, when an Olympic team plays a half strength team and win. This gives an unfair advantage to Olympic with teams so close on the ladder.

As far as saying any NBN team could do it... They could...But they wouldn't rest 6 of their best players for the game against 3rd place, 3 points behind you with a game in hand.