Thread: 2012 NBN State League Thread

4,200 I think I heard.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    4,389 to be exact - here's the article in the paper

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/31...-final/?cs=306

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post

Thats just paying people, what about the kids and free passes. If they were added on it would have been around 6k.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Glad i didnt go. Dont have a passport anyway
    BIGOT! People like you belong in Iraq...

Quote Originally Posted by Hamma12 View Post
    What Was Johnny Maj's red for?
    Called the ref, "a f$#king cheat", NH. I'm sure the ref isnt on most days.

Quote Originally Posted by nbnjet View Post
    BIGOT! People like you belong in Iraq...
    LOL!!! Calling someone a Bigot then telling them they belong in Iraq.... well done!

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post

Far out, magic probably made close to 40k

Quote Originally Posted by supasub View Post
    Far out, magic probably made close to 40k
    i think you will find northern take the gate takings for the day

as to the food and drinks i'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Newyrover7 View Post

The Fed gets the gate takings. As for the canteens i think that Magic gets that. Im not quite sure its the gold mine people think it is, there must be costs involved like hire of portable toilets, professional ground mowing, and probably a whole heap of other stuff. Also it appeared that there was a very healthy Magic presence at the ground, supporters and helpers alike so they probably deserve to make some money on the day. In saying that i did see a rival club bringing food and platters into the ground, not sure that is appropriate. Good spirit by all clubs/teams/supporters involved. Saddened by the Johnny Maj incident though, Magic were better team on the day for sure. Olympic excellent wins in lower grades.

Quote Originally Posted by SunsFC View Post
    LOL!!! Calling someone a Bigot then telling them they belong in Iraq.... well done!
    Will it make you feel better if i said Afganistan?

Will it make you feel better if i said Afganistan?
    This has nothing to do with the Grand Final - everyone pull their heads in please.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Thats just paying people, what about the kids and free passes. If they were added on it would have been around 6k.

The figure the Fed has given the Herald would be a total count including freebies, and players, etc.

NSWIS were very impressive also in there GF win. Will these guys have a natural progression to the Jets Youth Team or will they be assimilated into the NBN Clubs? How much of the team will remain the same next year? Does anybody know if there will be a 23s rep team?

The figure the Fed has given the Herald would be a total count including freebies, and players, etc.
    They never gave out admission tickets to kids or free pass holders so that figure wasn't inclusive of everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Newyrover7 View Post

Too bad they wont spend it wisley.

Depends how they counted numbers, by tickets being issues or by a person at the front using a counter.

Banned
    NSWIS were very impressive also in there GF win. Will these guys have a natural progression to the Jets Youth Team or will they be assimilated into the NBN Clubs? How much of the team will remain the same next year? Does anybody know if there will be a 23s rep team?

From what I am aware the Jets Yoof have already purged some players from this years squad. Dino Faj for one. Some have been retained Kale Bradbery Mason Campbell Luke Remington.

Others are gonna be too old Galloway Peppz etc. Assumption would be that there are a few places up for grabs.

Obviously the Jets may look to sign some really talented top shelf kids from around Australia as we have the best program going at present you would expect whiz kids to look favourably upon moving here.

Add the HSG agenda to push local kids and I would be pretty confident the NSWIS side that won the Minor and Major titles will most likely step up to be the Jets Yoof u23 side with the better players bypassing straight into next years Jets Yoof side.

Some talented kids there in the NSWIS side so next years Jets U23 side should be not only very young but highly competitive

I think that most of them will end up in the U/18's Jets side which will be playing in the U/23's NBN League next year. From what I've heard hardly any if any at all will go up to the Youth side as they will be keeping a small squad for the NYL as they will more than likely use the likes of Chapman, Oxborrow and Cooper who are all on "apprentice contracts". Many of this NSWIS side have been together now for about 3 years now so it would make sense to try to keep them together and progress them into the Youth side in the next year or two.

Would someone like to do a write up review of a) The NBN grand final or b) the NBN Stateleague and/or NewFM League?

For the Jetstream Fanzine?

Any awards information from NNSWFF's awards night last night?