Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR - It's Football But Not As You Know It

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

VAR - It's Football But Not As You Know It

# WhatA****ingJoke

I can't for the life of me work out why some ****ing peadicked mf thought this was a good idea.

Quite frankly the **** who seems to think sport needs these ****s ****ing it up needs shooting

The game got by fine for 130years and the 10 mins of shite I just watched have ****ed it

Haha the most embarrassing thing to happen to sport for ages.

Good onya sockah. Youve reconvinced everyone you are a low grade shithouse sport.

Bravo.

Can't believe how quickly the VAR has turned me off the game. Season over for me if we are going to hear Bozza rave about "that is what it is there for", with his inane grin.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    it really just goes to show that poor refereeing decisions aren't a result of only seeing it once

shit referees are still shit no matter how many times they see something

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    # WhatA****ingJoke

I can't for the life of me work out why some ****ing peadicked mf thought this was a good idea.
    Was it your idea then?

Hope they use it every 5 mins. lololol

And how come we have the ref calling for video when it has been happening in the background the first few rounds?

In all seriousness, how do we go about getting rid of the VAR? Petition? Hashtag?

It is a blight on the game, and it disgusts me personally

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    In all seriousness, how do we go about getting rid of the VAR? Petition? Hashtag?

It is a blight on the game, and it disgusts me personally
    FFA have it as a trial

So it ain't guaranteed FIFA will give it the green light

I think though we are pissing into the wind here though

The officials ****ing it up is part of the game

One thing for the NRL is the video Ref/ bunker etc gets people talking about the game

So it does great advertising for their game

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    FFA have it as a trial

So it ain't guaranteed FIFA will give it the green light

I think though we are pissing into the wind here though

The officials ****ing it up is part of the game

One thing for the NRL is the video Ref/ bunker etc gets people talking about the game

So it does great advertising for their game
    FIFA keen to jump all in on the video technology - http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...57457bb458a25d

Advertising for the game? How much NRL bunker talk is about how they got it right? All I ever hear is how they get a million replays and STILL get it wrong.

The fact that last night's match and the VAR decisions are still being debated is my point entirely. This technology was meant to limit these discussions, not fuel them

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    FIFA keen to jump all in on the video technology - http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...57457bb458a25d

Advertising for the game? How much NRL bunker talk is about how they got it right? All I ever hear is how they get a million replays and STILL get it wrong.

The fact that last night's match and the VAR decisions are still being debated is my point entirely. This technology was meant to limit these discussions, not fuel them
    But let's forget whether the decision is right or wrong.

It generates publicity for the game
    Newspaper radio TV devoted to discussing the video **** up

The NRL spent how many millions on the Bunker and look at how much publicity it's incompetence gains them.

People can't escape the thing. Even I who barely watches 4-5 games of the shit a season becomes aware of the latest **** up as it all over the media so I can't escape it

It is also an advertising windfall

**** everyone gets hit with subliminal KFC advertising all the time

More than anything this is what I didn't want to see...

Dont they just have a watch that vibrates for a goal in the epl?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Dont they just have a watch that vibrates for a goal in the epl?
    Yes they do, and that would be fine on its own. It's the Video Review rubbish that pi$$es me off.

In other sports like NFL and MLB, these decisions come at a natural juncture of the game - not artificially punctuated by the review process itself. Totally different animals

Goalies punch balls into their own net. Defenders give away penalties. Mids pass the wrong way. Strikers miss sitters. Coaches employ the wrong tactics and owners pick the wrong coaches. Fans pick the wrong team to support. Commentators make howlers on air.

We all make mistakes that we cannot change...its part of sport.

VAR.

RIP football.

Simon Hill smashed VAR out the park on the FoxSports Football Podcast.

It's apparently going to cost $500,000 to implement for next season if it goes ahead.

They bring up a great point which I also considered over the weekend - the spontenaity of the goal celebration is gone. I don't know if I could cheer as loudly for a goal awarded on the screen as in the moment after I've seen the ball hit the back of the net.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 03-05-2017 at 09:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Simon Hill smashed VAR out the park on the FoxSports Football Podcast.
    I love Hilly letting rip on this podcast - sometimes I think he is related to the Member.

He toes the line during the TV coverage but on the podcast he has bagged VAR, bagged Smurfs for not having fans and bagged Fox for controlling kickoff times (also noting how the Jets are treated).

He has slated VAR since day one and Peacock keeps saying "it's here" - I so wish we could hear him take on Mr VAR, Bozza.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 03-05-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Banned
    Other thing to is what about the decisions made before a goal gets scored??

Striker tries beating the offside trap around half way is immediately flagged for offside so he pulls up play so he doesn't get a yellow for playing on after the whistle and thus doesn't put it in the net.

Replay then shows he onside. Can't just give a video referall goal there can you??

Same scenario but bloke gets shot in and scores but keeper baulks at the flag??

Does the goal stand or not??

It open up massive problems

And then the further problem in that case which cricket has at the moment which is that the umpires just don't take any responsibility for making a decision as they know the third umpire can easily do it for them later. The no ball checks now for every wicket are a joke. Go back to the umpires calling no balls - if they don't call it at the time then don't bring it back and cancel a wicket.

I could see the same thing happening with offsides, linies just deferring calls to VAR cause they have nothing to gain from making the call.

Goal celebrations are a good point too, it does subdue the emotions a lot.

I'm a fan of technology getting involved but it has to be done right and as subtly as possible - none of this "stop the game, go to the bunker" shit. Goal line technology and give them 5-10 seconds after an offside to look at one replay while play continues. If its a blaring obvious offside call it asap, if you need to slow down to 0.1x speed and check 20 times then stick with the call of the officials. Handballs, fouls, pens they should stay out of it. Maybe post-match sanctions it can be looked at for simulation or bad fouls but not live.