Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR - It's Football But Not As You Know It

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    And people kept using the word “controversial” every time VAR was used purely because it was used, even though a lot of decisions were 100% correct and not actually controversial.
    except the main argument justifying its existence was "because what if a bad decision costs a team a grand final" then went on to have bad decision cost a team a grand final.

id say that was controversial.

and once you get that moniker, it sticks.
    Its like people still referring to Robert Redford as a 'sex symbol' even though he looks like real life Deadpools dad now.
    Therefore VAR is gonna carry that 'controversial' moniker for a while at least.

agree though, its good when its good, but when its honking, its honking.

much like refs.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

And we're under way....what a farce.

No VAR....would have stayed a free kick and we wouldnt hear a peep.

Now we have Bozza pooing his pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    No VAR....would have stayed a free kick and we wouldnt hear a peep.

Now we have Bozza pooing his pants.
    peacocks comment that it was all the ref's call was bizarre. the ref doesn't go and look at the video unless the VAR suggests he should!

This is the thing...guys like Speed are on social media bagging the ref. VAR called him over in the first place.
    If the original decision stood there would have been a bit of a whinge about a "soft" call. That would have been it. Now we have mayhem.

VAR would’ve said, that was close to being inside, do you want to have a look? And I think it might’ve been a bit soft.

The VAR got him over to have a look, that was fine coz he could’ve reversed his decision, but the only person in the world who thinks it’s a pen was the ref, he could’ve overturned his decision, but he didn’t.

The proof will be in the next couple of weeks’ appointments. If he’s reffing, then it’s a pen, if not, he’s clearly been dropped.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Banned
    Cant believe Victree fans are blowing up about this

They won a GF based on VARs incompetence

Now the gods are balancing up the ledger and they bitching about it

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    VAR would’ve said, that was close to being inside, do you want to have a look? And I think it might’ve been a bit soft.

The VAR got him over to have a look, that was fine coz he could’ve reversed his decision, but the only person in the world who thinks it’s a pen was the ref, he could’ve overturned his decision, but he didn’t.

The proof will be in the next couple of weeks’ appointments. If he’s reffing, then it’s a pen, if not, he’s clearly been dropped.
    Again, keep it simple. Don't escalate it. What would have happened if there was no VAR?

If the ref made such a mistake like tonight with no VAR he would not be crucified anywhere near as much as this guy will.

Didn't watch game but watching highlights had a real good larf at Muskh##ts expense with the obvious 'F' bombs and crossing himself after the decision.
    Go eat a bag of d!cks Kevie.
    Karma...although you've got a few more shit ones coming your way b4 the ledger is balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    ALeague twitter
    "#MelbDerby - Further explanation of the 39th minute VAR Review. Corey Brown clearly makes contact with Bruno Fornaroli's knee inside the penalty area. With the on field decision being a free kick outside the penalty area, the decision is reviewed and a penalty awarded."

Unlucky VARctory!

greatest invention ever. would have been nice if it worked earlier this year though.

Worst.

Being used ridiculously.

Jesus. ****ing. Christ.

i really do try to give refs the benefit of the doubt. but **** me they make it almost impossible not to want to rip into them.

technically, it's correct. but do we want to play football or have a ****ing powder puff show? that "challenge" had no material effect on nichols ability to get to the ball. it was far far far far ****ing far less impactful than many tackles that went unpunished throughout the game. no doubt in the background there was exactly the same thing happening with an attacker holding the defender, but that doesn't get looked at!

i actually thought they had more of a shout when boogard pushed somebody in the box when the cross was coming in, but the VAR apparently looked at it and said it was OK!

I'll be done with football if this carries on...every little thing is going to be jumped on. Bozza will rant about the right decision but fmd you have to give a little or stop physical contact entirely.

Banned
    There was an incident about 50 mins into the game

Ball looped up

Nix keeper comes for ball makes contact with Hoffman before touching the ball

If the Bitch Nicols 1 is a pen then so is this

There was another one with Hoff in the first half that didn't even get looked at.

And if course Speed now going on about the VAR giving the "all clear" for the Mariners goal when it wasn't even a consideration.

After only 3 games is anyone else finding it difficult to get into it this season? The VAR is becoming a massive blight on the game.

If City was awarded that pen last night and VAR didn't exist, it would be the wrong decision but it would just be one of those 'thats football' moments. I'd be fine with that. But the fact it was given after multiple replays then overturned and confirmed to be a penalty, that's absurd.

Ruling out Wellington's goal for handball was even dubious to me, I'd rather no VAR and that goal stand. There probably was a foul in the penalty VAR gave them, but f*** me, he's no where near the ball and again, I think the wrong call was made to overule it.

3 decisions, all of them viewed multiple times and imo they're all wrong, or at least not clear cut enough to change the original call. VAR isn't getting decisions right, it's just getting wrong calls even more difficult to swallow.

Now watching the RoarMariners game how many times has the VAR been mentioned by Speedy? Far out mate, shut up about it!!! Everyone hates it yet it's shoved in our faces all game even when it's not in action.

I'm a massive football fan but this is killing the game for me