Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

Thread: VAR - It's Football But Not As You Know It

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    We'll see the same as last year. High frequency intervention to start the season, fans become disgruntled, media latch onto it, A-League conducts a ''review" and reduces intervention. Fans become happier.
    My theory is that it's what will naturally happen when you allow refs who are over-zealous cocks at the best of times a free reign in the VAR box, the power will go to their head like it does on the field, and hence they'll be controlling the game rather than the guy actually holding the whistle because they think they're the one actually in charge... if they winnowed these guys out the VAR might have a chance of being useful
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    Oh I agree with let the refs do their job but why use the system half assed...use it to get everything correct or not at all.
    I reckon the mm measurements for offside are bullshit too..if it’s offside by less than could be determined by the linesman’s it shouldn’t be called offside..for **** sake no linesman can see a 2mm offside from halfway across the pitch...and don’t get me started on passive offside bullshit...
    Go on, tell us your thoughts on passive offside

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Go on, tell us your thoughts on passive offside
    I know you’ve heard them....several times...it’s shite...possibly the worst rule change ever

They should have 60 seconds max to overturn a decision.
    If it takes more, it’s not clear and obvious, it’s an analysis of a 50/50 call.

We'll see the same as last year. High frequency intervention to start the season, fans become disgruntled, media latch onto it, A-League conducts a ''review" and reduces intervention. Fans become happier.
    Not far off the mark....tbh the games so far have been pretty ordinary but made exciting by the VAR. Good publicity.

Dunno what Bozza was on last night....went on about how "quick" the decisions were. Then said you can't get rid of VAR because FIFA put it in place....he said anyone against it should let him personally so he can tell his mate who will tell Infantino....ffs.

If it is so good Bozza why the need to over analyze the good decisions as well as the bad to justify it? Like the EPL review show we apparently need to look at every decision in minute detail, even if it is right.

Surprised no one is asking why the VAR didn’t intervene in the Wellington game when Ams awarded that indirect free kick in the last few minutes.

Should’ve been a pen.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Surprised no one is asking why the VAR didn’t intervene in the Wellington game when Ams awarded that indirect free kick in the last few minutes.

Should’ve been a pen.
    Cause it is Ams...
    Fvck that bloke..

Jarred Gillett got the nod as VAR official in the Arsenal vs Palace game and directly affected the result by overturning a penalty. I know I'm a little bias but I'm pretty confident everyone would agree that there probably wasn't enough to overturn the call at absolute best. I think his career over there might be over before it's even begun.

http://arsenalist.com/f/2018-19/var-...019-10-27.html
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Some pundits were discussing how bad VAR is and one them said that the championship is more enjoyable to watch now that it's more raw and true to the game, they all agreed with him.

You love to see it. If VAR does fail in England then we'd have a chance to remove it everywhere else. Here's hoping they keep up the good work they are currently doing.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Jarred Gillett got the nod as VAR official in the Arsenal vs Palace game and directly affected the result by overturning a penalty. I know I'm a little bias but I'm pretty confident everyone would agree that there probably wasn't enough to overturn the call at absolute best. I think his career over there might be over before it's even begun.

I'm a Spurs fan but that call was absolute dogshit.
    It's what will happen more and more with VAR...slow motion analysis of everything will mean we find an issue with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

Gillett also gave this “foul” a penalty in the a league grand final in 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMr1g9cC68g

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick;231***
    Gillett also gave this “foul” a penalty in the a league grand final in 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMr1g9cC68g
    That's a bad example to use if you're trying to rubbish the bloke.
    There was contact, it was a (soft) pen.

Was watching my one game of rugby every 4 years last night and was impressed with their video review process or how efficiently and sensibly they approached it.

Confirming the try sealed victory for SA so it was an important call.

They ran the footage in slow motion once through, checking 2 ?forward passes and offside.
    At the end of watching it, they say to eachother, “no clear and obvious error there?” Other referees agreed try stood. All up took a minute max.

Now one pass I thought went marginally forward out of the hands. I was expecting them to investigate but they didn’t.
    They basically said, no big blunder, carry on.

Now that’s something I’d like to see us adopt. If you can’t determine something off 2-3 replays, it’s not clear and obvious.

Check out the pass Wales beat France with....not called either.

Watched Gillet ref Barnsley/Bristol last night ...a different man. Let all manner of hatchet tackles go.

holy shit that is a poor decision by the VAR.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    holy shit that is a poor decision by the VAR.
    How about Fenton to Archie....."that was f***ed".

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Watch him cop a fine and the FFA apologise for another VAR stuff up with no consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    between the on field F bomb, then i heard at least 2 in the post match interview, Archie thompson concludes with "yeah, so a little disappointed there".

Captain Obvious finally unmasked!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

If the league does fold in a few years, VAR will have played a huge part in making sure people stopped caring.

VAR with a dash of Microsoft Paint.