Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR - It's Football But Not As You Know It

He’s right though, I was more furious that VAR saw offside and didn’t rule because it doesn’t make sense, as opposed to knowing it was a real-time call that was marginal.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    see the thing is though, people wouldn't be nearly as upset if there wasn't a system in place to actually make sure that things like that are avoided. For example, if you were a Glory fan you're upset they awarded Berisha that penalty, but if there was something there to clearly show he dived, and they still ruled it a pen you'd be even more livid
    Here is the thing

I can see the VAR got it wrong last night
    I can see the FFA got it wrong with their organisation with the VAR
    I can see it has failed

But quite frankly i dont see how it cost the Jets the game.

The Players let us down last night by not executing their skills well and then losing the plot in the second halff by straying off the game plan and losing faith in themselves

People blaming VAR for our loss are missing WHY we lost

What is even more stuipid is the calls for a replay FMD

How embarassing

Lets actually just show some humility in defeat for once and stop offering excuses and accept responsibility for our failures

Agree the calls for a replay are embarrassing.

Disagree that the VAR decision has no effect on the game.
    That’s literally saying a goal has no impact on the game.
    Who knows what happens if that goal doesn’t stand. They could have won 4-0.
    But it definitely changed the game.
    We were all over them first half. Thomas kept them in it. But at 0-0 you still need to score to win, which leaves them vulnerable.
    Second half we didn’t do ourselves any favours and played the way they wanted us to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Agree the calls for a replay are embarrassing.

Disagree that the VAR decision has no effect on the game.
    That’s literally saying a goal has no impact on the game.
    Who knows what happens if that goal doesn’t stand. They could have won 4-0.
    But it definitely changed the game.
    We were all over them first half. Thomas kept them in it. But at 0-0 you still need to score to win, which leaves them vulnerable.
    Second half we didn’t do ourselves any favours and played the way they wanted us to.
    Exactly. Once they were ahead they were able to choke the midfield, and keep fouling to stop our flow, and the biggest thing is that they didn’t need to think about scoring, which meant throwing 11 men behind the ball. I don’t think they would have done that at 0-0.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Exactly. Once they were ahead they were able to choke the midfield, and keep fouling to stop our flow, and the biggest thing is that they didn’t need to think about scoring, which meant throwing 11 men behind the ball. I don’t think they would have done that at 0-0.
    That is the sole point we are all trying to make.

hey man, you guys were on here telling me that "what if the GF gets decided by a dud decision, thats why we need VAR".

Well, here we are.

Now whats your plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    hey man, you guys were on here telling me that "what if the GF gets decided by a dud decision, thats why we need VAR".

Well, here we are.

Now whats your plan?
    Putting me in charge of the VAR will be the best thing that could ever happen to the Jets.

And strangely everyone would make some $$

Bin it. It's already dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

To be honest, my thoughts now are what a cluster**** from FFA and the set up of VAR to have no backup, when there’s 100s of TVs across the ground, a giant screen and viewers watching the replays of the offside, but VAR couldn’t see any replays?

VAR should have overturned the goal.
    The blame should be with why for the “first time” for “2 minutes” it was unavailable and why another source of video could t be found.

Banned

Yeah look I think people are missing the biggest obstacle in getting rid of it.

And that is a bunch of very highly paid and influential people admitting it was a mistake.

Please don't think for one second that there's people out there who would rather have incidents like Saturday night than have to be seen as 'wrong' or 'backtracking'.

Ego is a helluva drug man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    To be honest, my thoughts now are what a cluster**** from FFA and the set up of VAR to have no backup, when there’s 100s of TVs across the ground, a giant screen and viewers watching the replays of the offside, but VAR couldn’t see any replays?

VAR should have overturned the goal.
    The blame should be with why for the “first time” for “2 minutes” it was unavailable and why another source of video could t be found.
    They had fox replays but noooo, honesty is a lost drug

Bozza said "get rid of VAR" on Fox tonight....amazing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Bozza said "get rid of VAR" on Fox tonight....amazing.
    So we finally won with him??

VARs biggest fan has surrended on it

So, there’s an article today that suggests that they cannot stop play one play has restarted. What a load of rubbish.

If they miss a penalty and there is a foul directly after, or the ball goes out for a goal kick, does that mean that they cannot award a penalty?

Oh and “we could have left the room to review
    Fox sports broadcast or asked them for their feed”

https://www.theguardian.com/football...back-up-needed

a bit more. this comment is great:
    O’Rourke said FFA had already recognised the need for one and several months ago had toured the NRL’s ‘bunker’, which has a back-up booth in case of emergency.
    so are they really saying they spotted a potential issue several months ago but didn't getting around to introducing a simple fix before implementing it in full?

Banned
    Good news

FIFA are going to allow the 4th official to send players off for foul play based on TV reviews for the World Cup

Now that no biggie you may think

But

There is no time frame on this

So bloke Sergio Ramos someone in minute x and can then be carded in minute x+30

What can possibly go wrong with this shit??

If we can get the FFA to invole a similar rule for the HAL the Linesman can raise his flag for offside
    Mossy can take a free kick and we can resume the GF at 0-0 a few weeks later and continue playing the GF with no VAR **** up

I don’t know what’s sarcasm anymore.

The goal didn’t change the game at all though right? Doesn’t stop us being outplayed by a tactically superior Kevin Muscat.

Just reading up about VAR at the WC.
    Says they are in a base at Moscow. Connected basically via the internet. Back up plan is a mobile phone carried by 4th official.
    Can’t wait for the statement, “for the first time all tournament, there was an outage of both the fiber optic connection and the 4th official had the phone on silent, which meant we couldn’t receive Word that Russia’s 93rd minute winner was offside.”

It was interesting to see the VAR set-up at the World Cup; with multiple (3 ?) assistant referees and all the video screens available.

Did we ever see how it was set-up for the a-league ?

VAR in the World Cup. Costa throws elbows around, goes on to score.

VAR in the A-League. O'Donovan clips someone with his elbow by accident gets suspended for 2 matches.

This thing is a ****ing joke and I long for the day it gets thrown out.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!