Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR - It's Football But Not As You Know It

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    VAR can't do anything about a decision like that. What are they gonna do? Give them the ball back in a 1-on-1 with the 'keeper?
    To me the problem is having it in the first place

The linesman does not flag then Gameiro scores and we go to VAR and get approval

When you don't flag and get it wrong because you didn't use it you look a fool

To me it going to cause more issues when the linesman all just go **** it and don't call anything at all and leave it to VAR

sCCuM supporters heard chanting V A R, V A R in Geelong tonight
    when they thought Thomas handled outside his box.

Cringeworthy....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post

Cringeworthy....
    What??

All 4 of them??

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post

Cringeworthy....
    That’s happened at MJS, and yep it’s awful

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    To me the problem is having it in the first place

The linesman does not flag then Gameiro scores and we go to VAR and get approval

When you don't flag and get it wrong because you didn't use it you look a fool

To me it going to cause more issues when the linesman all just go **** it and don't call anything at all and leave it to VAR
    1,000% agree with the no call issue you mention. Been my stance from before it was even implemented, citing NRL touch judges who just run up and down a line for a while and never make a decision.

But, in this instance in isolation, the assistant made a (wrong) decision which robbed a goal-scoring opportunity. So, 2 things - unfortunately, this will be used as a perfect example why VAR should remain beyond a trial period (ignoring the fact it was in place and human error was and always will be a factor). And secondly, well done to the assistant for believing in their human eyes etc. and not being pressured into a “no-call” to be safe

First trial of VAR happening in England now in Carabao Cup.

Same things being trotted out - "minimal disruption", "only game changing decisions", "here to stay" etc etc.

Can't wait for a VAR to cost Wenger or Jose a game.

TBH - I think trials in England will make or break this.

Banned
    I can't wait to see Mourinho blow his top once it costs Man Ure

Forget the ****ing HAL and the incompetent cunce at the FFA etc

The VAR has that many holes in it anywhere in the world

EPL will show it up on a bigger scale

Twitter to go into meltdown like never before etc

Or maybe the official making the calls won't be an inept fool like the jokers we have here and will get all of the calls right?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Or maybe the official making the calls won't be an inept fool like the jokers we have here and will get all of the calls right?
    I agree the jokers here in Australia are making it much worse

Refs in UK are better but VAR has flaws

There is always going to be grey areas

Probably handy the title race is already seen up before this comes in and costs someone a trophy

The EPL commentators have been mentioning it a lot over the past few months and a lot of fans on a DB I visit are calling out for it. The VAR in itself is a good idea. It's the application of it that depends whether it's successful or not.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    The EPL commentators have been mentioning it a lot over the past few months and a lot of fans on a DB I visit are calling out for it. The VAR in itself is a good idea. It's the application of it that depends whether it's successful or not.
    Who is sponsoring their VAR?
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Sign of things to come though that there was concerns about reactions off the field, not on it.

Given the sometimes fractious history between Crystal Palace and Brighton fans, the FA will be hoping for a quiet night where any potential refereeing errors do not fan the flames.
    Wait till the big boys get involved.

I know one thing already - with VAR I can no longer celebrate a goal like I used to. I look to the linesman and then the ref and then the screen and the emotion is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I know one thing already - with VAR I can no longer celebrate a goal like I used to. I look to the linesman and then the ref and then the screen and the emotion is gone.
    Absolutely agree with you
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

The same video officials that had video evidence of John Terry calling that dude a ‘black c***’ but then were like ‘nawwww it’s cool cool’?

Those bozos?

Good luck with that.

I still can't comprehend in what world was Maccarone's elbow/shoulder on Santalab not reviewed by the VAR.

This thing truly is a farce, in its current use/format. Embarrassing and pathetic.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I still can't comprehend in what world was Maccarone's elbow/shoulder on Santalab not reviewed by the VAR.

This thing truly is a farce, in its current use/format. Embarrassing and pathetic.
    Same as Bobo isn't it??

Bobo has now scored since he should have been rubbed out

Hat Trick v Phoenix
    Hat Trick v Glory
    Equaliser v Jets
    First goal v Roar

So assuming he got 3 weeks that 7 goals he scored when Matt Simon would have missed all of them anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Nah I'm still the same as before. When I watch live, I celebrate and instinctively glance first at the linesman then at the ref at the same time to make sure it stands. VAR hasn't changed anything.

Nah I'm still the same as before. When I watch live, I celebrate and instinctively glance first at the linesman then at the ref at the same time to make sure it stands. VAR hasn't changed anything.
    i'm the same, but also listen for additional whistles.

I’m the one at the ground that is pointing to the AR holding up his flag while everyone else celebrates.
    Think it’s just what I’ve done when playing and refereeing.