Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR - It's Football But Not As You Know It

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    they just said everything will be reassesed in March, with the FFA saying one option is to get rid of it.
    Same cunce who about to get turfed out by the end of the week when they can't sort this reform out because the state feds won't back down ??

Mate come March the new world order running the game will have other shit on

This VAR shit will just keep going on and on

I hate the thing but it ****ing here to stay

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Same cunce who about to get turfed out by the end of the week when they can't sort this reform out because the state feds won't back down ??

Mate come March the new world order running the game will have other shit on

This VAR shit will just keep going on and on

I hate the thing but it ****ing here to stay

From a Fox Sports article quoting Ben Wilson (head of clowns/referees in Australia) -
    the A-League is committed to seeing the trial through until FIFA and IFAB, the International Football Association Board that governs the rules of the game, makes a call on the trial in March 2018, which will include a decision on if it will be used at the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    From a Fox Sports article quoting Ben Wilson (head of clowns/referees in Australia) -
    The same guy said on the Fox Football podcast it has only been involved in reviewing 9 decisions in 39 matches so far.

If that's the case, why is it continuously showing "Macca's VAR Check" in the top corner every time there is a decision to be made?

I think I just answered my own que$tion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    The same guy said on the Fox Football podcast it has only been involved in reviewing 9 decisions in 39 matches so far.

If that's the case, why is it continuously showing "Macca's VAR Check" in the top corner every time there is a decision to be made?

I think I just answered my own que$tion.
    Yeh I saw that too. Must mean when the decision is actually overturned or reviewed further on the Maccas iPad, presented by Coca-Cola Amatil, in assosciation with Kraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Parkesy is right....whenever you cop a dodgy decision you don't really confirm it is dodgy till after the game when emotions have cooled. You still have the shits but it is gone and you move on. With VAR the confusion and anger are real and palpable and I can see someone taking a swing in frustration before long. It has not reduced controversy, only increased it - when did you last see a weekend with this much controversy in one hit?
    Good point. Even though I was stoked with Maccarone's disallowed goal against us up in Brissy, I don't think anyone would have known he was offside because it happened well before the goal. All it did was cause controversy when we would have been none the wiser - then you have the issue that if someone is offside in the lead up to a corner, and they score off the corner what's the difference? Can of worms etc..

What would have happened the other day if while the VAR was running its check on the handball, Adelaide then scored from the attack they subsequently launched (ended up being a corner)?

Would the ref then have to go back to the original incident and call the penalty - if they want to be anal about it they should, if not what would have happened to Cornflakes?

There are so many scenarios that are to be played out over the coming years if this thing stays.

What would have happened the other day if while the VAR was running its check on the handball, Adelaide then scored from the attack they subsequently launched (ended up being a corner)?

Would the ref then have to go back to the original incident and call the penalty - if they want to be anal about it they should, if not what would have happened to Cornflakes?

There are so many scenarios that are to be played out over the coming years if this thing stays.
    That’s already happened. Dutch Cup Final

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.bb...tball/40843317

Only difference I was thinking was what if the same team had the pen turned down and then got the goal?

Only difference I was thinking was what if the same team had the pen turned down and then got the goal?
    My mistake. Missed that detail

Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Good point. Even though I was stoked with Maccarone's disallowed goal against us up in Brissy, I don't think anyone would have known he was offside because it happened well before the goal. All it did was cause controversy when we would have been none the wiser - then you have the issue that if someone is offside in the lead up to a corner, and they score off the corner what's the difference? Can of worms etc..
    dumb question time - does the ref have to initiate it or can the VAR intervene whenever it feels like something has been missed?
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    dumb question time - does the ref have to initiate it or can the VAR intervene whenever it feels like something has been missed?
    think the VAR has a look and alerts the ref if they think there is something there.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    think the VAR has a look and alerts the ref if they think there is something there.
    Yeah I don’t imagine the ref had any idea about Maccarone’s offside to even ask the question.

We're not the only ones who don't like it.

BUNDESLIGA fans are demanding the end of video assistant referee (VAR) testing in Germany as the system’s German league chief was replaced on Monday amidst accusations of influencing matches.

The VAR is being trialled this season in Italy and Germany with football’s governing body FIFA yet to decide whether it will be used at June’s World Cup in Russia.

In Germany, the VAR experiment has sparked controversy and debate with ‘Cologne’ - the centre where all scenes are reviewed - widely blamed for unfavourable rulings and a byword for a place where bad decisions are made.

Judging by fans’ banners at top-flight grounds around Germany at the weekend, most supporters want VAR scrapped immediately.

On Monday, magazine Kicker ran the headline “Only Losers: Irritation, sanctions, wrong decisions” on it’s cover next to an image of a referee showing a red card.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...580d3b702d013e

VAR makes the decision that was obvious to everyone but the timid officials.

CANNoT. MAKE. THIS. SHIT. UP.

Thank you VAR. Linesman called offside but for ref to check. Would have been ruled out without video.

Banned
    How good is VAR ??

Twitter in meltdown

Ohh how good to be on the right side of it

Now we know what it likes to support the Smurfs

VAR 2 from 2 tonight.

best thing in football since the ball.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    make that 3 from 3

deadset best thing to happen since the invention of television

bring on AI referees