Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR - It's Football But Not As You Know It

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Please explain why Bozza is the go to man with this? He blabbered all sorts of excuses last night.

Tonight in Shootout Bozza will have his pro VAR script ready as to why we are better off.
    Oh this is an easy answer.

He’ll point to the goal from City, and the first Gypo red.

He’ll point out that these were correct decisions by the VAR.

He’ll then explain that dropping the A-bomb on Hiroshima stopped the war, and it was worth all those civilians getting fried.

Then he’ll argue that the only way to stop gun violence in America is by everyone having more guns.

and I will drink beer and cheer him on from the couch.

I’m here for all of Bozzas nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Consult Twitter

You are on your own

Quite frankly I couldn't give two ****s that we are benefiting from it

It has assisted us get goals and points no doubt

But quite frankly I couldn't give a ****

Referees are blind incompetent fools and have been since the beginning of time

I don't give a **** that they make mistakes I actually like it

What I don't like is the invasion on my game from these new dawn leftist clowns who think everything has to be balanced and perfect

A football game is a lot like life

It isn't fair it isn't just it isn't perfect and even

Sometimes you hit the jackpot when you don't deserve it
    Other times you get nowhere no matter how deserving you are with your efforts

That is life
    That is football

Leave it the **** alone

It is that what I resent

Cunce are tampering with the very fabric of what makes this game I live and love what it is

They can **** off
    I’m not saying it’s good because we’ve benefited- I highlighted our examples because although I watch other A-League games, the VAR examples from those games don’t stick in my mind.

Personally I want games decided by players, not by incompetent refs. If VAR can remove some of those wrong decisions, then I’m all for it. In its current form it’s not great and I don’t want it going down the road of the NRL. If it can be improved and become much more efficient I don’t see a big drama with it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    I’m not saying it’s good because we’ve benefited- I highlighted our examples because although I watch other A-League games, the VAR examples from those games don’t stick in my mind.

Personally I want games decided by players, not by incompetent refs. If VAR can remove some of those wrong decisions, then I’m all for it. In its current form it’s not great and I don’t want it going down the road of the NRL. If it can be improved and become much more efficient I don’t see a big drama with it.
    I don't see how you can improve it

Let's go back to WC 06 Grosso v Neill

Let's say that goes to VAR

You could find a thousand VAR referees and you could get 500 for Grosso saying penalty and 500 saying dive play on

Then we could take the Berisha GF dive and we could have another thousand different opinions

It subjective subject and whilst it is a subjective subject your ****ed

It ain't black and white like did the ball cross the line
    It ain't like is the batsman in his crease or not
    It ain't like did the Drugby League put his foot on the sideline as he tried to score

Games are not being decided any more by incompetent referees than before

These clowns Gillette Evans Beath and co were the same shit cunce last season without VAR

All they are doing now is still making the same shit decisions

Nothing is changing at all.

Except VAR ****ing around with the game now

Let the incompetent ref **** it up just as you see in the local comps we play and watch without the VAR BS

Am I one of the only people who think the VAR is actually doing alright? The decisions we’ve benefited from have all been either correct, or we would have got from a ref anyway. Maccarone offside wouldn’t have been called, Nabbout’s goal last night would have been waved offside despite the Adelaide player tapping it into his path. Our PK was already given and was borderline anyway. The Muscat decision in the Sydney game was correct as was Brama’s last night.

The biggest problem right now, which is totally fixable, is the confusion about when and how it’s used. The ref reviewing his own decisions last night in the Scum match shouldn’t have happened (I didn’t see anything wrong with McGings tackle). I don’t get why they have someone upstairs review but the ref can also look at a screen. It’s gotta be one or the other. Also, is it only used if the ref asks a question or do upstairs review on their own accord!? Lose some inconsistency and I think it’ll become more effective & less controversial.

Okon’s whinge last night about fans not returning was only because he was at home. Had they been away from home that wouldn’t have been raised.

It’s amazing how many EPL fans I see on forums absolutely crying out for it.
    No mate, you are absolutely spot on.

VAR is here to stay. Major leagues are getting it next. So we need to make it work as their is no other option

I feel it’s been neither a success nor a failure.
    Watching a game for me at the ground hasn’t changed.
    If anything, if something gets reviewed and upheld I can take from that that there was no clear error. Conversely, if they overule something, they must have a reason to?

A lot of the problem is the media beat up. But that’s gonna be there one way or another. Pre- VAR the commentary at the time and post match news would focus on an event that should have been overturned, or something that wasn’t seen, an obviously incorrect decision. Now, the commentary and post match is focussed on things that have been reviewed and basically how long it takes. But to intervene there has to be an error or something unsighted.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    it's a disgrace
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

I don't see how you can improve it

Let's go back to WC 06 Grosso v Neill

Let's say that goes to VAR

You could find a thousand VAR referees and you could get 500 for Grosso saying penalty and 500 saying dive play on

Then we could take the Berisha GF dive and we could have another thousand different opinions

It subjective subject and whilst it is a subjective subject your ****ed

It ain't black and white like did the ball cross the line
    It ain't like is the batsman in his crease or not
    It ain't like did the Drugby League put his foot on the sideline as he tried to score

Games are not being decided any more by incompetent referees than before

These clowns Gillette Evans Beath and co were the same shit cunce last season without VAR

All they are doing now is still making the same shit decisions

Nothing is changing at all.

Except VAR ****ing around with the game now

Let the incompetent ref **** it up just as you see in the local comps we play and watch without the VAR BS
    There are some B & W decisions. Was Nabbout offside last night? No. Did Muscat elbow the other guy in the head. Yes. Both events that were clear as day and possibly wouldn’t have been called if VAR wasn’t there. It’ll never be perfect sure, but some improvement is bette than nothing. You’re acting like it hasn’t got anything right?

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    VAR is here to stay. Major leagues are getting it next. So we need to make it work as their is no other option
    It is here to stay but I hear that they are renaming it the NFI

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    It is here to stay but I hear that they are renaming it the NFI
    The what?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by stannycfcjet View Post
    the what?
    nfi- no fing idea
    Last edited by outsider; 17-12-2017 at 06:59 PM. Reason: SPELLING

Fair dinkum....the next person I hear say "its here to stay" I will personally cremate. It is on trial....Bundesliga feedback is worse than ours.

It is not yet a done deal. Let's see what March brings.

Banned
    There are some B & W decisions. Was Nabbout offside last night? No. Did Muscat elbow the other guy in the head. Yes. Both events that were clear as day and possibly wouldn’t have been called if VAR wasn’t there. It’ll never be perfect sure, but some improvement is bette than nothing. You’re acting like it hasn’t got anything right?
    I not particularly fussed if Mus**** gets off as no one picks it up

It happens in games

Shit goes on in back play

I not too fussed either if Nabbout gets called for offside yesterday

FFS I watched the game for 30+ years and seen blokes get pinged offside incorrectly before

FFS The game went on and cunce got over it

People ain't going to get over it here
    Regardless of whether you are like it or against it you are open up a can of worms by just having it
    That is why you going to have problems

Take Bobo the other night.
    I don't think anyone can defend the ****wit VAR referee missing that.

It pretty ****ing clear cut

Now I love stirring the Blue Aids FFA VAR FC angle as much as the next guy

But there is nothing that can be said that this was a joke of a decision on a biblical level.

Then for the cunce to come out and defend it just shows they are ****ed

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    anyone defending this piece of shit needs to give their head a wobble.

for once the member is 100% right.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

I too crumble like dust at feet of the good Membah for once....he gets it.
    I've given up on cricket with DRS. If football goes down this path I'll settle down with my Big Match videos for the rest of my days.

So he wants things to happen in backplay without repercussion but is blowing up at Bobo not getting sent? Got it.

i'm on board with VAR now. anything that delivers a bit of cosmic karma to berisha can only be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    i'm on board with VAR now. anything that delivers a bit of cosmic karma to berisha can only be a good thing.
    I had $$ on Melb to win 2-1. Turned it off in disgust when he scored... only to just check the score. VAR to the rescue again!

Banned
    So he wants things to happen in backplay without repercussion but is blowing up at Bobo not getting sent? Got it.
    I couldn't give a **** that Bobo didn't get sent off for his back play indiscretion

What I having a pop at is if your system you are praising misses that incident when the **** actually looks at it ......

Then it ****ing useless

Understand??

Because Bobo should not have been missed. Once VAR looks at it . He has to walk

When he doesnt. It just proves it is a ****ing joke

I couldn't give a **** that Bobo didn't get sent off for his back play indiscretion

What I having a pop at is if your system you are praising misses that incident when the **** actually looks at it ......

Then it ****ing useless

Understand??

Because Bobo should not have been missed. Once VAR looks at it . He has to walk

When he doesnt. It just proves it is a ****ing joke
    Yep, which is why I said it needs to be improved.