Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR - It's Football But Not As You Know It

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

Get rid of it. I can cop goal line rulings, the rest just let 'em play.
    ****in this!

Can you just imagine how the joy of Nobby's finish against Adelaide would have gone so sour if VAR then said he was offside?

A victory and two points gone. I shudder to think how the foz would have coped!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Simon Hill smashed VAR out the park on the FoxSports Football Podcast.
    I love Hilly letting rip on this podcast - sometimes I think he is related to the Member.

He toes the line during the TV coverage but on the podcast he has bagged VAR, bagged Smurfs for not having fans and bagged Fox for controlling kickoff times (also noting how the Jets are treated).

He has slated VAR since day one and Peacock keeps saying "it's here" - I so wish we could hear him take on Mr VAR, Bozza.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 03-05-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Get rid of it, and get rid of TV replays so people stop whinging. People might think someone was offside but without definitive proof, the rage usually dies down a lot quicker.

Watching the local games, it's so much easier to accept goals etc when you know you won't see a replay.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Get rid of it, and get rid of TV replays so people stop whinging. People might think someone was offside but without definitive proof, the rage usually dies down a lot quicker.

Watching the local games, it's so much easier to accept goals etc when you know you won't see a replay.
    You right about the replay

Suburban sport gets by quite fine without 400angles and super slow Mo to see if someone is a beesdick offside etc

Sometimes watching amatuer sport it is enjoyable as the revision is made by the official and everyone just gets on with it

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    You right about the replay

Suburban sport gets by quite fine without 400angles and super slow Mo to see if someone is a beesdick offside etc

Sometimes watching amatuer sport it is enjoyable as the revision is made by the official and everyone just gets on with it
    Funny story, sometimes when I watch local football, I instinctively look for the replay after a goal etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Funny story, sometimes when I watch local football, I instinctively look for the replay after a goal etc.
    I didn't find that funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Lost count of the number of times the crowd boos a decision on the screen, then when I get home and watch I find out the ref was right all along.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    I think we all do.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post

Basically we never see any replays in the stadiums over here.,, maybe highlights at half time or something. But mostly you just watch the game, it isnt broadcasted over the big screen either

The goal line technology works because its instantaneous.

Football doesnt need VAR , let the game play. Thats the beauty of it, improve the training and resources for referees if needed, spend the 500 000 on improving other aspects. (not because the gambling lobby wants it)

Its a natural thing, mistakes often ease out over the game, like individual player mistakes......
    Amigos Aarau

If a player gets a yellow that shouldnt have been given (wasnt worthy of one, mistaken identity etc) then recieves a second yellow later in the game is the var allowed to overturn that?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by westjet View Post
    If a player gets a yellow that shouldnt have been given (wasnt worthy of one, mistaken identity etc) then recieves a second yellow later in the game is the var allowed to overturn that?
    Only if he a Sydney FC player

Banned
    Sydney player attacks the head of a rival

VAR gives a yellow

What a joke

Fully expected this sort of shit to happen.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Fully expected this sort of shit to happen.
    It a joke

It should not be used for that scuffle at all

When the refs miss it live and they used it afterwards

****ing joke

Fox claiming that var didnt step in for holoskos yellow. Interesting then, because only other way gillet saw it was on the big screen because he wasnt doing anything about it until straight after that replay was shown.

Apparently the fourth official saw it. On the big screen.

He did not make the call till he got the word in the ear...the vision was clear.
    Hmmmm.

Banned
    Anyone catch the useless ****er in the Chile Cameroon game in the Confederations Cup??

Right on half time

Goal disallowed for off side by VAR

Joke

Totally agree...after saying how great it was for the first game Bridgey had to backtrack on the coverage.

The call was not an "obvious error", the video was not conclusive, and it took two minutes to flag it.

Kill it and kill it now...this will cause mayhem somewhere eventually.