Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR - It's Football But Not As You Know It

*applause*

Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    After only 3 games is anyone else finding it difficult to get into it this season? The VAR is becoming a massive blight on the game.

If City was awarded that pen last night and VAR didn't exist, it would be the wrong decision but it would just be one of those 'thats football' moments. I'd be fine with that. But the fact it was given after multiple replays then overturned and confirmed to be a penalty, that's absurd.

Ruling out Wellington's goal for handball was even dubious to me, I'd rather no VAR and that goal stand. There probably was a foul in the penalty VAR gave them, but f*** me, he's no where near the ball and again, I think the wrong call was made to overule it.

3 decisions, all of them viewed multiple times and imo they're all wrong, or at least not clear cut enough to change the original call. VAR isn't getting decisions right, it's just getting wrong calls even more difficult to swallow.

Now watching the RoarMariners game how many times has the VAR been mentioned by Speedy? Far out mate, shut up about it!!! Everyone hates it yet it's shoved in our faces all game even when it's not in action.

I'm a massive football fan but this is killing the game for me
    That is because Speedy is a full on halfwit like those imbeciles at FFA HQ. Officials are having more influence over the results than players and that can't go on.

Am i correct in saying Wilson is still the Director of Referees at FFA ?. If so that is a crime within itself after the woeful performances week after week last season from officials on his watch. Even more unpalatable is those who should have moved Wilson on are also incapable of discharging there job descriptions with any competency.

Bordering on criminal the fact these twats are still running the game.

Haha number 4, you can't even make this shit up. The fact it took so long and so many replays might possibly just say it wasn't clearly offside. Which it wasn't at all.

Harper just referred to Wilson so I'm assuming he's still the top dog

Speedy losing the plot and trying to change the rules. Well done Harps for telling him off.

Clear and obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    trying to change the rules.
    Do we still use rules?

You can't make this shit up....

Beath and VAR, Talk about a cluster f&*k looking for a game.

I hope the people who wanted this shit are enjoying it. Starting to really turn me off watching any game.

We all called referees useless before VAR, now they are just proving it.

Said it a million times.
    VAR was only going to shift the controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...24-p50blo.html

cause that would improve things immensely.

"The fan, I think, is telling us pretty loudly that if it's too close to call, let it go," O'Rourke said.

"We had a lot of debate over that in the last couple of days and I think what you will see is that [VAR] guys will say if it's too close to call, they're not going to spend a minute or 90 seconds trying to work out if the kneecap was in front of the shoulder.

"They're just going to say that is too close to call and the advantage will go to the attacking side, which is the same theory as the assistant referees use on the field.
    "We hope to roll out an improved interpretation from round two."
    and this will no doubt make everybody happy, as we will be able to argue about what is "too close to call" instead of if they were marginally offside.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    https://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...24-p50blo.html

cause that would improve things immensely.

and this will no doubt make everybody happy, as we will be able to argue about what is "too close to call" instead of if they were marginally offside.
    But that completely typifies the stupidity of the people running the game most notably Gallop, O Rourke and Refs boss Wilson. Too close to call is no different to the clear and obvious which has always been the benchmark for VAR involvement. So sorry shite for brains O Rourke you are playing on words to hash over what has been a clusterf&*k for more than the last few days.

anyone that likes VAR and think it has improved football is a dickhead and if you arent sure whether you are in the group of dickheads then rewind and play this post again 10 or 20 times till you get the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Surely this whole VAR thing is pretty easy to implement a bit better?

The on-field referee should have nothing at all to do with it. No breaks in play for him to go watch 17 replays. Mr VAR man sits in his box and watches replay/s of an incedent and HE decides whether HE overrules the original decision. Put a time limit on it, say 30 seconds. If the replays can't come in quick enough then the technology isn't up to it, if he can't decide within 30 seconds then it wasn't an obvious error.

Don't have a sponsor for it. Tell the commentators to not mention it every single time something ever happens in the box.

VAR runs in the background and it's unseen and unheard until he pulls something up and immediately the call is changed.

Or an even better idea is to scrap it but that won't happen. I also love how people will say to give it time and it'll work better, how long has the NRL used video technology? The bunker works seemlessly doesn't it... Yeah give it time

Speedy would have nothing to do without mentioning the VAR

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Speedy would have nothing to do without mentioning the VAR
    Yeah he would. He'd continue to drool over Arzani, Miejiweski and Bobo
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Speedy would have nothing to do without mentioning the Maccas VAR
    Fixed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Yeah he would. He'd continue to drool over Arzani, Miejiweski and Bobo
    You forgot Ninkovic

I kid you not it took Speedy all 1m 31s to mention the VAR in the W League fixture tonight. Bloke is a dead set goose.

Righto lads....where do we begin? Twitter is in meltdown.