Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR - It's Football But Not As You Know It

I'm going to apply for a new job on Monday, as VAR official. Couldn't do any worse..

That’s just as much on Chris Beath.
    That’s a terrible decision. That’s barely a foul in general play. The guy just falls over.
    Ridiculous.

so why wasnt the penalty incident reviewed? i thought it was clear cut. or did i miss something?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Said it once, I'll say it a million times again.
    VAR just shifts the controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    so why wasnt the penalty incident reviewed? i thought it was clear cut. or did i miss something?
    Commentators said if the foul starts outside the box it can't go to VAR?

Um....Bruno last week. Nobody knows what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Commentators said if the foul starts outside the box it can't go to VAR?

Um....Bruno last week. Nobody knows what's going on.
    but but but the Zullo foul was outside the box..........oh nevermind.

i hope everyone who was in favour of this is stoked how good its going.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Bozza so close to tears.....gold.

You reap what you sow Boz.

The highlight for me was Beath's backpedaling in his interview saying the decision was for offisde.

How about you review that explanation and watch the reply of yourself mate, you clearly, clearly blew for a foul.

Unless VAR has reviewed how an offside is signalled and it's not by a vertical arm anymore.

Here's an idea, we know VAR is shit.
    I'm not one to agree with boycotts to protest, instead how about we let our voice be heard. Victory's goal in the GF came in the 8th minute. So in protest of the VAR in our first game since the GF we BOO for the entire 8th minute to protest against the VAR.
    Thoughts???.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Here's an idea, we know VAR is shit.
    I'm not one to agree with boycotts to protest, instead how about we let our voice be heard. Victory's goal in the GF came in the 8th minute. So in protest of the VAR in our first game since the GF we BOO for the entire 8th minute to protest against the VAR.
    Thoughts???.
    You Sir get my vote for post of 2018. Great idea.

Thats a good idea

Such a protest would be interesting, but in that case VAR didn't work for "technical" reasons.
    Linesman didn't raise the flag.
    VAR could have overturned the decision.
    Without VAR, the goal would have stayed anyway, and we would have hoped there was some sort of technology to fix such a blatant error.
    So we would be protesting in favor of VAR, in a way.

I don't like the way VAR is being used in the game, potentially a great tool in SOME cases (ball over goal line etc), but this is ridiculous...

So where are we going to watch the game during the walks out in the next few weeks? Every clubs fans, well except Sydney FC who don't have any issues with VAR at all, will just have to start walking out of the stadiums en masse until they shaft the whole shit show.

No fans, no league. I know the FFA don't listen to anything but money but if we can make them look as stupid as possible to advertiser's and sponsors than we have a shot of overturning this thing.

Babbels interview was great too, he was ready to explode inside but just had to bite down and be as professional as possible. He succeeded masterfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Some sort of co-ordinated protest by all the supporter groups us a good idea. For all their failings I can imagine RBB being passionate enough to drive it.

For the boofheads out there what exactly gets called for review in NRL? It's mainly whether tries are tries isn't it?

i wont eat Maccas til they fix the VAR.

TAKE THAT GRIMACE!!!!!!!
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Some sort of co-ordinated protest by all the supporter groups us a good idea. For all their failings I can imagine RBB being passionate enough to drive it.

For the boofheads out there what exactly gets called for review in NRL? It's mainly whether tries are tries isn't it?

Yeah, if the ref isn't sure about a part of the try he sends it to the bunker and explains what he needs to check. They then check it and send through a verdict. Fans get to see the replay on the big screen. There are certain things they can't call on. Including forward passes as this is up to the linesman to call.

But I don't want that either. I want refs mistakes after he makes a call in a split second. I can deal with it better that way. I'll be pissed off still, but I won't have any reason to feel aggrieved.

An error is forgivable, the VAR is giving the ref all the time to make a call but they all feel like they have to find any small issue to penalise just in case @keyboredwarrior786547+ reviews the footage and finds an issue that the ref didn't see and it all blows up even worse. They are basically being loaded with more responsibility than they can handle because they don't have a safety net to fall back on now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

And what the hell is Slater's game? Saying A-League fans are negative and should stop whinging.

Also says last nights call was 100% correct.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 28-10-2018 at 11:01 AM.

I don’t think the technology is the problem tbh.
    It’s the implementation and also more importantly the affect it’s having on referees making calls.

They are using it like a security blanket. Literally not flagging marginal offsides because “the Var will intervene and cancel it out”. Not calling penalties because the VAR will review and chalk it off.
    This is just as big a problem.

As much as I hate the idea, the only way I can see it changing is teams are allocated 1 challenge per game. Their captain or coach must ask for a review. If they get it wrong, no challenges left. This creates a farce, but it’s slightly better than calling back everything and fine tooth combing everything.

Or having a PFA ex player or even a pundit in the panel to water down their literal interpretations.
    As much slack as they get, some of th Fox sports commentator are actually pretty reasonable with their critique of VAR reviews.

You CANNOT bring in challenges. It would be used as a time wasting tactic by arsehole coaches one goal up with 5 minutes remaining and under the pump. They would challenge anything to relieve the pressure.

And I've had enough of this "not the VARs fault" crap as well. If the VAR was NOT being used at all we wouldn't be going through this grief. I've watched football for over 40 years and I have never seen such angst.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 28-10-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Can anyone even remember the 'howlers' that occurred pre-VAR?
    The only one I recall that had any consequence was the Henry handball vs some team I cant remember.