Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR - It's Football But Not As You Know It

Brosque gets away with this type of shit because the FFA are not competent enough to do there jobs properly by allowing Referees boss Ben Wilson to keep his job even though he has failed miserably time and time again. Week after week we see shit that should see officials dropped yet they turn out the next week getting a gig.

FFA is corrupted by bias or is incompetent. There turn a blind eye approach to the way Brosque behaves on a football field is bordering on criminal. Brosque will go down as one of the biggest pieces of insubordinate shit to ever play the game in this country and the FFA and in particular Ben Wilson and his sub standard officials have allowed this to go on and on.

If being a good role model was important to being a professional footballer Brosque wouldn't even make it to the stadium as a spectator such is his standard of behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Brosque gets away with this type of shit because the FFA are not competent enough to do there jobs properly by allowing Referees boss Ben Wilson to keep his job even though he has failed miserably time and time again. Week after week we see shit that should see officials dropped yet they turn out the next week getting a gig.

FFA is corrupted by bias or is incompetent. There turn a blind eye approach to the way Brosque behaves on a football field is bordering on criminal. Brosque will go down as one of the biggest pieces of insubordinate shit to ever play the game in this country and the FFA and in particular Ben Wilson and his sub standard officials have allowed this to go on and on.

If being a good role model was important to being a professional footballer Brosque wouldn't even make it to the stadium as a spectator such is his standard of behavior.
    totally valid point.
    reminds me of the way Wayne Rooney used to talk to refs.
    he seemed to get away with stuff that no one else would. yet i remember one of the refs (once retired) saying that its the way Rooney was and if you carded him he'd get a red every match and the refs would be blamed for killing games.
    he just said it was a 'sticks and stones' type situation.

id argue that a yellow in the first 5 mins for being a cockhead would be all that is needed to curb that shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

I'm just as disgusted by brosq*** behavior, sadly it comes as no surprise when his club is allowed to tweet this sort of shit:

82' PENALTY? WOW. Taggart goes down under no contact from @acalver96, VAR look at it and somehow it stands... 2-1#SydneyIsSkyBlue #ComeWithUs #SYDvBR

Banned
    Finally it happened

SPAL v Fiorentina in Serie A

Game locked at 1-1 after 74 mins and SPAL score to take a 2-1 lead only for the **** in the VAR to get involved and call the ref to have a look

Finds a penalty for Fiorentina moments before the SPAL goal and the goal now cancelled
    Fiorentina get the penalty awarded and it 2-1 to them

They did run away with it 4-1 in the end

But a monumental reversal thanks to VAR

VAR in all its ****ing failure

Finally it happened
    it also happened in the early days of VAR in the Dutch Supercup (final i think).
    but yeah, both scenarios are the whole reason to scrap the damn thing.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    I'm just as disgusted by brosq*** behavior, sadly it comes as no surprise when his club is allowed to tweet this sort of shit:

82' PENALTY? WOW. Taggart goes down under no contact from @acalver96, VAR look at it and somehow it stands... 2-1#SydneyIsSkyBlue #ComeWithUs #SYDvBR
    exactly, where is the $3000 fine for the club for allowing this dissension against the VAR to be published on their twitter, double standard what?
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Welcome to VAR, Champions League.

How long did that decision take?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post

Welcome to VAR, Champions League.

How long did that decision take?
    3-4 mins and it was still probably wrong.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    3-4 mins and it was still probably wrong.
    Point is you couldn't be sure either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Point is you couldn't be sure either way.
    yeah agree. VAR got it 'right', but the ref and linesman already had it right.............about 4 mins earlier.

plus, when the end result was a goal that good, the ref should have just said, "nah, goal was great, you dont deserve to challenge it".
    Seems like I am WRONG

So 2 VAR calls have decided knock out ties this morning.

Neither denied goal scoring opportunities and both were 50/50 calls, i.e. up the refs interpretation of the rule.

I understand VAR is here to stay but I will hate VAR forever.

[Edit] 3 chances. Roma had a 50/50 call not given in the 122nd minute.
    Last edited by Frodo; 07-03-2019 at 10:36 AM.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I thought the Porto call was very very soft.

Also, I too will hate VAR forever
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I thought the Porto call was very very soft.

Also, I too will hate VAR forever
    The problem I have is that he called a soft one for Porto and then didn't call a soft one a few minutes later for Roma. Just be consistent. VAR doesn't fix any issues, it just adds more analysis before the refs interpretation of the rule, which can change throughout the game. Nothing has changed other than action replay.

VAR calls create more indecision, anger and media coverage than a normal ref call.
    So what is the point....??

If this us what the game is becoming I'll chuck the new stuff and just watch my old "Match of the Day" collection. Jimmy Hill would have none if this.

I don't hate VAR in itself.
    It's just like any other tech tool: you get it, you can't wait to use it because you think it'll solve all your problems... until you realise there are times where you can do with the good old manual tools, and you start using the new toy a bit less/better. You also need to LEARN how to use it properly before you get the best out of it.
    That's what happened last year (and in the first part of this season) in the A-league, and at the world cup: the tools in the (var) box couldn't wait to use the new tool and show how good it was (better, how good THEY were at using it). Now, the A-league seems to have learnt a few lessons and VAR is a lot less intrusive (or used less altogether, which is good).
    I still think it's very powerful for some particular uses (ball over the line, offside, foul play etc), it just needs some common sense.

How much of a tool is Brenton Speed - smarmy claims of "getting it right" - even Garby has taken a pot shot at him.

This is the best explanation - by a ref no less.

Mark Halsey
    ‏Verified account @RefereeHalsey

Law 12 H/B irrespective of where arm/hand is positioned doesn’t necessarily mean an offence has been committed there has to be a deliberate movement of arm/hand towards the ball, imo VAR should have never got involved,referee has to be strong and stick with his original decision

VAR is google home.
    Seems like I am WRONG

There's so many spin-off shows of VAR.

Game shows, reality shows, and I am sure there will be a red button option to watch the VAR box soon. Sponsors will have competitions based on their decisions.

More money for FIFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Simple fact is.
    VAR doesn't get rid of the controversy surrounding dubious decision, it simply shifts it. It's what I've been saying to my mate all along. You only have to look at every other sport that has anything similar, the controversy is just shifted.

Let's just accepted that Referees make mistakes, sometimes it cost teams games. Players and Referees make mistakes every day, if any of these mistakes look like match fixing then launch an investigation into the incident.

Put VAR in the bin and lets move on, Goal line technology can stay.
    21/06/2017
    My opinion still hasn't changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Just about ready to give the game away....I'll see how it affects the EPL first.

I honestly don't care if a call is right. The overall impact on the dynamics and emotion on the game is huge. Rights and wrongs and mistakes are all a part of sport. I have noticed this season I have eased off celebrating a goal and it is a weird feeling.

I hope the plastics enjoy what will be left of the game in 10-20 years time.