Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fan questions for Lawrie for Jetstream interview

Fan questions for Lawrie for Jetstream interview

OK, so we have put a request to the club to have an interview with Lawrie McKinna similar to that held at the beginning of the season. The club and Lawrie have made time for us to speak on May 5th.

As per previous interviews, we will table questions to Lawrie posed by people on here. As always, questions will be moderated by us for language and clear trolling so be respectful in what you ask. Lawrie has always been willing to speak with us and both he and the club have supported the podcast having access.

Questions will close Wednesday 3rd May to allow us time to review the questions, group themes and construct the flow of the interview.

Finally, please post all questions in this thread.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 27-04-2017 at 08:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    OK, so we have put a request to the club to have an interview with Lawrie McKinna similar to that held at the beginning of the season. The club and Lawrie have made time for us to speak on May 5th.

As per previous interviews, we will table questions to Lawrie posed by people on here. As always, questions will be moderated by us for language and clear trolling so be respectful in what you ask. Lawrie has always been willing to speak with us and both he and the club have supported the podcast having access.

Questions will close Wednesday 3rd May to allow us time to review the questions, group themes and construct the flow of the interview.

Finally, please post all questions in this thread.
    First up just off the top of my head

Last pod he was queried about something highly important the subject being the Jet Shaped Hats

Now quote this verbatim

Where the **** are they??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    First up just off the top of my head

Last pod he was queried about something highly important the subject being the Jet Shaped Hats

Now quote this verbatim

Where the **** are they??
    Lawrie agreed that the Jets would buy some however We were asked to source them and find around 200 buyers so something.

Has someone found a supplier? Have we got 200 committed buyers?
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I'd like him to clarify our Visa spot situation. Now that we have both a Chinese and Chilean partnership are 2/5 spots going to these every year? are we looking at OS marquees etc soo that we are not bound by these countries? That puts added stress on getting the other 3 spots exactly right.

Has he got a genuine scouting network.. Or will they invest in one? Will they be using all the salary cap concessions available to them? They certainly need to as we are pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    I'd like him to clarify our Visa spot situation. Now that we have both a Chinese and Chilean partnership are 2/5 spots going to these every year? are we looking at OS marquees etc soo that we are not bound by these countries? That puts added stress on getting the other 3 spots exactly right.
    This^^^^ 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Adding to this, are we looking at overseas based Australian players struggling for game time or out of contract? Burns and Milligan have both spent time at the Jets and fit the above criteria. I'm sure there are plenty of others I'm missing

Nice questions so far. Thanks all

Jeterpool can you ask Lawrie if there has been any further discussion with TransGrid about relocating Jets admin staff into their building beside Ray Watt Oval. This was rumored some months ago (with TransGrid staff receiving internal emails indicating that discussions were being held).

And will the Jets build a shade cover for those that #FilltheHill during training.

Keep the questions coming ppl
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    given the damage to the Jets 'brand' done by nearly a decade of poor management and results, where the team and club lurched from one disaster to another, does Lawrie think it's worth re-branding the team to something other than the Jets? or changing away from Knight's colours?

With BLK now bust and discussions mentioned last year a number of brands were being considered, who will the Jets be securing as the kit supplier?

With the prices for the friendly priced between $30 and $40, how long before they are reasonably priced?

Alternatively, how are the sales going and what sort of lineup will Audax be bringing?

how do you like your snails?... deep fried in a mars bar?
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Banned
    Many would say that the stability in the coaching department is a key component to onfield success

Since the Gypo CEO and the Chinese Lightsalesman have arrived we now gone through 2 and leading on to 3 soon.

Being the decision was made to appoint Jones on your watch . Why were the pair of you unwilling to offer him adequate support??

By my calculations Jones was offered a pretty poor squad
    He was given SA NPL level players as recruitment options
    He was also given a pretty inexperienced coaching department around him

Now considering the pretty shit cards the bloke was dealt by the club why was no patience and loyalty to stand by your man that YOU gave a 2 year deal to??

The club has a shitful run the last 6-8 weeks of the season and based on that implosion you decided to blow everything up and start again instead of having the courage to back the coach

You personally ask me in January to give the Jets (you) a chance, then asked on NBN last month to give the Jets (you) a chance ..... how many more chances should we give you?
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    given the damage to the Jets 'brand' done by nearly a decade of poor management and results, where the team and club lurched from one disaster to another, does Lawrie think it's worth re-branding the team to something other than the Jets? or changing away from Knight's colours?
    Better still - at the forum last year we were told that the fans would get to choose colours for the club, but not for last season due to orders already committed. Majority that night wanted gold and E&C alternate. What is happening here?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Better still - at the forum last year we were told that the fans would get to choose colours for the club, but not for last season due to orders already committed. Majority that night wanted gold and E&C alternate. What is happening here?
    Second this question!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Third this question!
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned
    Well done for sacking jones. A dud at best...

Is Merrick going to get a vastly improved squad?

Will you step down after you fail next year?

Can we give mfks concrete shoes?