Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The "WTF..The HAL is Still On" Grand Final Thread

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    is there anyone that takes a live market on penzos? i would have put my house and first born on rojas missing that, never even looked like wanting to be there in the end let alone have a penalty ffs.
    Said to the missus "if Rojas takes a a pen the game is gone".....why don't I bet?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So Georgevski be the second bloke to play for us who was MoM in a Grand Final after the great Griffo
    *Durante
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    *Durante
    Pretty certain Griff not only scored the winning goal he also got MoM as well

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Said to the missus "if Rojas takes a a pen the game is gone".....why don't I bet?
    Terrible decision to get him to take a penalty. The bloke could barely walk half way through 1st half extra time.
    Surely give it to someone fresher.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    is there anyone that takes a live market on penzos? i would have put my house and first born on rojas missing that, never even looked like wanting to be there in the end let alone have a penalty ffs.
    William Hill did, I checked it out as I was thinking the same as you but unfortunately didn't get on.
    To miss he was $3.50 & to score was about $1.30.

I don't think Sydney would make the top six if refs treated them how the Jets players are treated. Could easily have been 4 SFC players sent for two yellows or a red last night. Brosque is a prime example. He's committed 4 professional fouls last night and not received a card. Brillante - any of our players making the tackles he makes would be getting sent off every week [the tackle on BKF he did would have seen our players given a straight red] - yet he rarely picks up a yellow. Melb Victory get away with a bit as well but the Sydney thing is beyond a joke.. When they once again fail in the ACL everything I say will be confirmed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I don't think Sydney would make the top six if refs treated them how the Jets players are treated. Could easily have been 4 SFC players sent for two yellows or a red last night. Brosque is a prime example. He's committed 4 professional fouls last night and not received a card. Brillante - any of our players making the tackles he makes would be getting sent off every week [the tackle on BKF he did would have seen our players given a straight red] - yet he rarely picks up a yellow. Melb Victory get away with a bit as well but the Sydney thing is beyond a joke.. When they once again fail in the ACL everything I say will be confirmed.
    Smurfs have been doing it all season long

Get caught out give away a foul and cop a free kick
    Refs have been ridiculously lenient to them

Everytime they give away a free kick they also been experts at delaying play/ stopping quick restart.
    Yet they again get away with it

Everytime they give away a free they also whinge and ****ing moan to the ref nonstop and the ****er with the whistle never books them

Last night there were a couple of free kicks the Smurfs cinceeded that even Mourinhio would cop no complaints and Brosque was whinging like a leftist Muppet

That 3 areas that will eventually be clamped down on by the refs when they decide it WSW or Heart or Victrees time at the top

The success of the Smurfs is been based on a couple of things

Fitness wise they have taken things to a new level.
    I backing if the Sports fitness gurus analyse the stats that Smurfs side is the fittest of the HAL of all time

The fitness advantage has been parlayed into a pressing game that Australian players have not been able to cope with as the technical skills are not good enough

It not exactly a triumph for positive play their success that Ange achieved with Roar but what Arnold has done will actually assist the game in this country going forward

In coming years we going to see the other teams increase their fitness and pressing games

This will in turn cause our players to get better as they not going to get the time space they have had in the past

Arnold will never really ever get credit for this but he has actually done something great for the country by being a grubby negative ****

Bozza already sooking about the salary cap stopping this team staying together.

Cry me a river.

Idk how the salary cap stops them from keeping the same team....
    If they were under this year, can they not keep the same team, pay them the same money...no problems.
    Blame the players that are demanding more money, the agents advocating for more money. Players get greedy. Whole aim of the salary cap is to keep the competition competitive.
    Just waiting for FFA to bring in a champions marquee position.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Whole aim of the salary cap is to keep the competition competitive.
    Except it's not because there are already millions and millions of dollars outside the cap being used by clubs that have money. It's false equivalence. Do away with it and stop pretending.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Idk how the salary cap stops them from keeping the same team....
    If they were under this year, can they not keep the same team, pay them the same money...no problems.
    Blame the players that are demanding more money, the agents advocating for more money. Players get greedy. Whole aim of the salary cap is to keep the competition competitive.
    Just waiting for FFA to bring in a champions marquee position.
    A champions cap discount/bonus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    That's a great idea. Every time you win the league, you level up and get a 10% bonus to the cap and +1 squad space.

I thought the ref was pretty lenient both ways last night. Broxham must have committed about 10 fouls, I'm not even sure he got booked? The whole Victory midfield was just looking to crunch whoever the closest Sydney player was to them all game. FBK got booked for not much and Grant should have got booked a lot earlier.

Quite a few slides or pretty ordinary challenges through the back of players that players got away with. But both teams were doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Agree first game we played them we were shite granted but they were kicking our players all over the park and ref does nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight