Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bundesliga - wir sind die neuen Fußball

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar

Bundesliga - wir sind die neuen Fußball

Bayern start the new season in style beating Dortmund the pretenders in the German super cup 2-1. Glad Ive got setanta this season

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/...rman-Super-Cup

Bayern Munich beat Borussia Dortmund for the first time in six attempts to lift the German Super Cup with a 2-1 win at the Allianz Arena.

Mario Mandzukic and Thomas Muller put the host two up within 11 minutes, but Robert Lewandowski pulled one back 15 minutes from time.

Dortmund, the current league and cup holder, was unable to find an equaliser, though, as Bayern picked up the first trophy of the 2012-2013 season and became the record German Super Cup winner with this, its fourth triumph.

Bayern had lost its last five games in a row to Dortmund and made it clear straight away that it was not going to tolerate a sixth defeat.

Muller went close with a header early on before Mandzukic put the host in front with his first goal since arriving from Wolfsburg in the northern summer.

Franck Ribery's cross from the left evaded two Dortmund defenders on its way through to Mandzukic, who kept his composure to place a shot into the bottom corner, out of the reach of Dortmund goalkeeper Roman Weidenfeller.

Muller made it two in the 11th minute, benefiting from a rebound off the post after Arjen Robben's lifted shot over Weidenfeller just missed the target, and shooting powerfully into the roof of the net.

Bayern sat on its lead, but Dortmund lacked the invention to cause it any problems, not managing a single shot on goal in the first 45 minutes.

That soon changed in the second half when Lewandowski tested Manuel Neuer with a header which the Germany goalkeeper did well to push behind.

Lewandowski missed an even better chance in the 67th minute after Marco Reus and Mario Gotze combined to set him up, but his weak effort trickled wide of the post.

He made no mistake with his third effort, though, to bring Dortmund back into the game in the 75th minute with a low shot from just outside the penalty area.

Bayern resorted to defending the lead, but a tiring Dortmund side was unable to cause any further problems as the record German champion became the record Super Cup winner.

I take it the former gypo didn't get a run?

Yes!! Come on Bayern!..
    Does Setanta have the rights to show the Bundesliga games?? How many will they be showing per week?
    I might have to resubscribe to my internet subscription for it..

come on change thread to Bundesliga ... pretty keen for a big season in germany best league
    Amigos Aarau

OK

Didn't know Sayers played for dortmund

That photo is so last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Yes!! Come on Bayern!..
    Does Setanta have the rights to show the Bundesliga games?? How many will they be showing per week?
    I might have to resubscribe to my internet subscription for it..
    Sure does. That's why I've kept it on post euros

Last season they played a Friday and sat game with highlights i think? If ur a bayern fan it's good because they normally play their games
    Last edited by la bazzle; 13-08-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Yeah the coverage changes week to week. (as they choose each week what games are being broadcast on tv) as not all games are shown.
    Amigos Aarau

anyone here subscribe to setanta-i? pay annually, works out to ~$2 a week.

if anyone does have it - do you need super good internet connection to make it worth it?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    anyone here subscribe to setanta-i? pay annually, works out to ~$2 a week.

if anyone does have it - do you need super good internet connection to make it worth it?
    I had it for Euro and it was great..
    We have pretty quick internet (with no d/l limits) and I didnt have any major problems streaming it constantly on the highest quality it would allow..
    The odd time it would stall (but that was more an issue with my comp) which was fixed by simply refreshing the page..
    I cancelled my subscription after Euro, but after what Baz has said, I'm thinking I might get back on it..

Absolute cracker of an opening round bundesliga is back (NOTE MODS CHANGE THREAD TO BUNDESLIGA )

Borussia Dortmund 2 - 1 Werder Bremen
    Borussia M'gla… 2 - 1 Hoffenheim
    Freiburg 1 - 1 Mainz 05
    Augsburg 0 - 2 Fortuna Düsseldorf
    Hamburger SV 0 - 1 Nürnberg
    Greuther Fürth 0 - 3 Bayern München
    Eintracht Fran… 2 - 1 Bayer Leverkusen
    Stuttgart 0 - 1 Wolfsburg
    Hannover 96 2 - 2 Schalke 04
    Amigos Aarau

Commentator was funny with Robbens goal he went on and on about how he's a genius only to see a massive deflection on the replay. All in all good start. Good to see the new signings doin well.

even though very much dislike the we think we are gods part of germany fussball side... Shaqiri played well

Really enjoyed it... loved that leverkusen lost :P and some other good performance by swiss players

most entertaining league......
    Amigos Aarau

Bayern Munich have completed the signing of Spain midfielder Javi Martinez from Athletic Bilbao.

The 23-year-old, who can play either as a defensive midfielder or in the centre of defence, has signed a five-year contract with the Bundesliga giants.

Bilbao, who had earlier claimed that Martinez had left to discuss terms and undertake a medical in Munich without their permission, will receive a £32 million fee from Bayern which matches the buyout clause in the player's contract.

Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge revealed that the player helped push the move through by accepting a lower salary than he might have otherwise expected.

"Of course this is a large sum," Rummenigge said via the club's official website, "but the player participates indirectly in it. He has given up large sums in his salary."

The new signing has been assigned the No.8 shirt, and could make his debut in Sunday when Bayern host Stuttgart at the Allianz Arena.

Martinez, a youth product of Osasuna, leaves Athletic Bilbao having made 201 La Liga appearances since making his senior debut in 2006.

Last season was his most successful at the club as Marcelo Bielsa's side reached the finals of both the Copa del Rey and the Europa League.

While Athletic lost both those finals, Martinez did enjoy success this summer when he was part of the Spain squad that won Euro 2012, enabling him to add a European Championship winner's medal to the one he earned at the World Cup in 2010.

Eurosport - 30/08/12 2:02 AM

Bayern lols trying to buy the league :P Not going to work :P
    Amigos Aarau

Needed to sort defensive woes. Great move. Dortmund will finish 3rd this year

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    good player. are they going to play him at the back?

rukavytsya just signed for mainz 05. hopefully the start of something awesome for him.
    OK

Ahhh what a night to do dog watch! Bayern 6-1 up with a few to go vs Stuttgart