Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Bernie Skerrick Thread (shhhhh its code)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Ha please. Jets fans will just give the club a good fist shake and "the frowning of a lifetime", then renew their membership ready for the next year of empty promises and horseshit football.
    I LOL'd

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    I LOL'd

Wrong Simpsons reference! Needed the picture of the Shelbyville father and son giving an all mighty fist shake... i am not tech savy enough to post a GIF unfortunately!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Ha please. Jets fans will just give the club a good fist shake and "the frowning of a lifetime", then renew their membership ready for the next year of empty promises and horseshit football.
    Membership is down and so is matchday attendances. I look at that as Jets fans are starting to vote with their feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Membership is down and so is matchday attendances. I look at that as Jets fans are starting to vote with their feet.
    That's ok they just the plastic ones

We have a core support of 4-5k

At the moment we just still ejecting the non believers from the bandwagon as it continues to crash

The 4-5k rusted on are still holding on

High time the club actually focused on doing their job properly rather than catering to try and appease the plastic fans out there

Good business plan that, hang on to the 4K superfans and bugger the rest.

Propa sockah morals > money

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Wrong Simpsons reference! Needed the picture of the Shelbyville father and son giving an all mighty fist shake... i am not tech savy enough to post a GIF unfortunately!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Good business plan that, hang on to the 4K superfans and bugger the rest.

Propa sockah morals > money
    As opposed to the current business plan of shooting ourselves in the foot which isn't going much better

Disagree with your assessment that we need to be pandering to the plastics amongst the club's supporter base

The club needs to be focusing on getting its shit together rather than taking measures just to get the fans off their case

If hard decisions need to be made and these plastics dissappear so what
    They never real support amyway

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    As opposed to the current business plan of shooting ourselves in the foot which isn't going much better

Disagree with your assessment that we need to be pandering to the plastics amongst the club's supporter base

The club needs to be focusing on getting its shit together rather than taking measures just to get the fans off their case

If hard decisions need to be made and these plastics dissappear so what
    They never real support amyway
    Yeah coz football isn't about money at all.
    Football isn't a business.
    Businesses don't need money.
    Money isn't generated by support/ticket/merch sales.
    Support/tickets/merch sales isn't generated by performance/results.

You're a clever one, aren't you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Yeah coz football isn't about money at all.
    Football isn't a business.
    Businesses don't need money.
    Money isn't generated by support/ticket/merch sales.
    Support/tickets/merch sales isn't generated by performance/results.

You're a clever one, aren't you.
    Yep and I sure when the Chinese Lightsalesman was pondering whether to buy this shit club he was seeing $$$ to be made.

Football clubs are a black hole of money

Whether we play before 4 k or 8k next season has **** all difference really to the club's bottom line

Season tickets are not their main sauce of income.

It TV money and out of the Chinese Lightsalesman to balance the books

Yes I am clever

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Yep and I sure when the Chinese Lightsalesman was pondering whether to buy this shit club he was seeing $$$ to be made.

Football clubs are a black hole of money

Whether we play before 4 k or 8k next season has **** all difference really to the club's bottom line

Season tickets are not their main sauce of income.

It TV money and out of the Chinese Lightsalesman to balance the books

Yes I am clever
    4,000 Members @ $150 a season.
    8,000 Members @ $150 a season.
    12,000 Members @ $150 a season.
    20,000 Members @ $150 a season.

Do the math.

Hint. It's quite a lot of money, especially if you can do what Victory does and hit that 25k Members mark.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    4,000 Members @ $150 a season.
    8,000 Members @ $150 a season.
    12,000 Members @ $150 a season.
    20,000 Members @ $150 a season.

Do the math.

Hint. It's quite a lot of money, especially if you can do what Victory does and hit that 25k Members mark.
    If you get a competent club happening here that shit sort of takes care of itself doesn't it??

People turn up to watch a successful team and all that

But no decisions need to be made based on getting these plastic fans to pay up again rather than fixing the issues that are actually causing them to spit the dummy ??

Ok

I don't think it's one of the other.
    Member is right that quality on the pitch will increase (plastic) supporter numbers.
    Everyone else is right that a club wont last with 4000 (non plastic) supporters.

It's not just about $$$ (at the end of the day it is) but if we don't keep the 'plastics' around the FFA will decide we aren't worth the hassle and give us the boot.

Annnnd, even when clubs offer great football people will still find something to complain about that keeps them away, so some appeasement of the fan base is required at some level.

If you offer a good product but are still a dick, people will steer clear.

Your (valid) point being that we don't want to be papering over the cracks each off season, doing 2-for-1's and appeasing the hordes however necessary only to have to double down even harder the next off season to try and get them back again. Don't worry about how many members we'll have next season. Think about the choices we can make now to have the most members in 5 seasons.

If you get a competent club happening here that shit sort of takes care of itself doesn't it??

But no decisions need to be made based on getting these plastic fans to pay up again rather than fixing the issues that are actually causing them to spit the dummy ??

Ok
    But I'm plastic if I only turn up when the team is doing well..

What am I if I continue to pay up for the last 8 years of dribble the club has been dishing up? Loyal? Faithful? Probably fvcking stupid. But I do it, just like many here do. All because we'd hate to be branded Plastic by someone who thinks he's the gospel of World football. Even though we all know the only gospel of world football is Griff.

Club can't do shit without money.

Short term success (i.e making the finals next year) will give us an injection of $ to help us fund the long term success. But Lee needs to cough up NOW to ensure we can be successful next year, which I believe he will.

Skerrick is a proven winner when given the resources & time. Lets see it happen in the off-season and watch how the plastics react come season start.

Ok
    The two are not mutually exclusive tho Member.

Getting rid of Jones, you label a decision just to appease the fans. It may have been a decision that appeased the fans but that is not the only reason that decision needed to be made. It needed to be made because he was the worst manager the A League has seen and was going to drag the club deeper and deeper into the abyss. He was a large part of the issues that were causing the so called plastics to spit the dummy. Along with the Gypo CEO that made the decision to employ him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    The two are not mutually exclusive tho Member.

Getting rid of Jones, you label a decision just to appease the fans. It may have been a decision that appeased the fans but that is not the only reason that decision needed to be made. It needed to be made because he was the worst manager the A League has seen and was going to drag the club deeper and deeper into the abyss. He was a large part of the issues that were causing the so called plastics to spit the dummy. Along with the Gypo CEO that made the decision to employ him.
    Seriously you think the shit with Jones was worse than with Muppet then you are delusional

We had 6 weeks of shite under Jones. We had a whole season of it under Muppet

Chalk and cheese

Muppet also had blokes to use like Griff Devonhead Flores Neumann Jaliens Celevski

Name me one bloke on par that Jones had of this calibre??

Seriously you think the shit with Jones was worse than with Muppet then you are delusional

We had 6 weeks of shite under Jones. We had a whole season of it under Muppet

Chalk and cheese

Muppet also had blokes to use like Griff Devonhead Flores Neumann Jaliens Celevski

Name me one bloke on par that Jones had of this calibre??
    I have them on par actually. Jones showed what a clueless and gutless wonder he was in about round 4 when he played a flat back 5 parking the bus against Sydney FC and just gave them the game. He just got worse from there. Muppet was a worse man manager IMO and lost the respect of the players you named but I think he had more football nous than Jones who was clueless about team selections, tactics and substitutions.

Lets not tarnish the great Bernie Skerrick thread with those previous to him names. Please.

Lets talk about the man himself Bernie, what he can do into the future.

I'm plastic and I don't give a shit what cunce think about it.. I have been a member, I go to atleast 3 games a season and I watch them on the TV whenever I get the chance. I'm just as frustrated as all you boys and girls at what we dish up for how many years?
    Time to get on the Bernie wagon and continue to be plastic