Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodgy Socceroos Coaching thread

speaking of fox faves, mark rudan been mentioned yet?

Garby said on the Fox pod a few weeks ago John Aloisi would be a dark horse if he had a good A-League start......that went well.

Aloisi, **** me. all he does is take mediocre teams and make them worse.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Aloisi, **** me. all he does is take mediocre teams and make them worse.
    you're "**** me" should be directed at Garb for even suggesting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Unfortunately he won't have access to foreign marquees and the ability to change the rules or be afforded preferential treatment by referees for challenges that would be deemed bookable offences for any other side.

His record in tournaments is woeful as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Won't be Muscat as he basically inherited success and has never really been under the pump as a coach.

Arnie has built two Championship teams and, importantly, has access to the Guus Hotline.
    Two Championship teams??

WTF

When this shit happen??

I will pay last season but it a ridiculous call saying they home and hosed this season based on arseing last week's result whilst the Tards were missing Milligan Troisi etc

Two FMD

Pretty sure Arnie was coach when Mariners won

Banned
    Unfortunately he won't have access to foreign marquees and the ability to change the rules or be afforded preferential treatment by referees for challenges that would be deemed bookable offences for any other side.

His record in tournaments is woeful as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Pretty sure Arnie was coach when Mariners won
    Pretty sure that never happened.
    Arnie was coach when they choked in the GF with 5 to go and Agent McBreen brought them down but he never won **** all on the Gypo Coast

Next thing someone will be saying lies like some bloke other than the Griff scored the winner in the GF

Yeah Member is correct.

Garby said on the Fox pod a few weeks ago John Aloisi would be a dark horse if he had a good A-League start......that went well.
    savaloisi was waxing lyrical about employing an Aussie coach. sad sack really wants the job ay.

but fk him Put any coach in that can get a championship team into the prem and theyll do a job

How about Craig Foster ? Odds on he will be unemployed soon when Murdoch suggests to Malcolm Turnbull that SBS should no longer be allowed to discuss football - as Fox have the exclusive rights to not only televised games but all discussions both private and public about the game.
    Plus it is very obvious that he knows every single thing there is to know about football, he will even tell you what individual players are thinking...
    To me Craig Foster is the Phil Gould of this sport!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Oh man, can you imagine Foz giving a Gus-esque soliloquy prior to the Grand Final this season?

I would love it, only because it would be 100% cringe-worthy

He's gone!. **** you Ange you risked our whole campaign experimenting with this 3 at the back system that doesn't work and now have left us to get a new coach to try and get the squad to learn a new system in only a year with little time together.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Plus it is very obvious that he knows every single thing there is to know about football, he will even tell you what individual players are thinking...
    if that's the case then Craig Foster should walk this "world cup" or whatever you call it

supercoach gus

Ange knew he couldn't get any results at the WC.

He did ok, made a few glaring mistakes but he got the job done after the golden eggs departed.

Indifferent news.
    I think he has equipped the players with a different mindset and playing style which they can keep in their arsenal when needed.
    I think he could have been more pragmatic and this whole intercontinental playoff should have been avoided easily as the reigning champions of Asia.
    There’s a time to experiment with formations and tactics, I’m not sure that it should have jeopardised our qualification.
    Hindsight will show us whether he was being stubborn unneccessarily or whether he actually got more out of us than another coach would have.
    If we go for anybody from the a league, I’ll be severely worried.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    He's gone!. **** you Ange you risked our whole campaign experimenting with this 3 at the back system that doesn't work and now have left us to get a new coach to try and get the squad to learn a new system in only a year with little time together.
    This is honestly the most idiotic thing you've written.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    No - the gist is correct, this has been his own personal "mission". As he said himself - "nature of me as a person". Reading his book he doesn't come across as someone who thinks about anyone except himself and his beliefs. As Plague says he shows alot of stubbornness. Still no real explanation about the Mooy dropping either.

Going now is gutless IMHO.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 22-11-2017 at 11:59 AM.

No - the gist is correct, this has been his own personal "mission". As he said himself - "nature of me as a person". Reading his book he doesn't come across as someone who thinks about anyone except himself and his beliefs. As Plague says he shows alot of stubbornness. Still no real explanation about the Mooy dropping either.

Going now is gutless IMHO.
    If you say so boss..

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    What you think a new coach will continue Ange's system and gameplan? and how often will the squad be together b4 the world cup?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

i will forever have nightmares about the slavish devotion to kicking it back to Mat Ryan on ghoulish third world pitches, regardless of the danger that it represented