Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ronald Vargas - Vargas is Spanish for Burgundy

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Castro is pretty much unstoppable and rarely if ever turns over posession. Vargas has skill and flair but he doesn't have the control or consistency of Castro. Very happy we have Vargas but Castro is still the best player in the league.
    He did trip over the ball right in front of Bay 1 though
    Both very classy

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Castro didnt do anything for the first 1/3 of his debut season with Perth.
    This!
    Go back and watch Castro's first 2 months with Glory. He was hopeless, I remember thinking he was a dud signing. He well and truly proved me wrong. When he is on, no team will stop him in the A-League. Vargas looks like he will dominate, maybe not quite at Castro's level but I'd love to be wrong again (I often am!)

get well soon. please!

The guy has shown class in his very short time here, and yeah his injury was pretty bad, but does anyone else find the outpouring of emotion a little cringey? Usually a minute's applause is reserved for someone who's died, or who tragically can't play the game anymore due to a career-ending injury.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    The guy has shown class in his very short time here, and yeah his injury was pretty bad, but does anyone else find the outpouring of emotion a little cringey? Usually a minute's applause is reserved for someone who's died, or who tragically can't play the game anymore due to a career-ending injury.
    The bloke is class and on a one year contract, from memory he was looking to use the A-League and Marty as a step to China.
    If myself/us can make him feel loved and welcome to convince him to stay around for a lot longer and us giving him some support by clapping in unison for one minute could help keep him here, then my oath I'm going to clap.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    The bloke is class and on a one year contract, from memory he was looking to use the A-League and Marty as a step to China.
    If myself/us can make him feel loved and welcome to convince him to stay around for a lot longer and us giving him some support by clapping in unison for one minute could help keep him here, then my oath I'm going to clap.
    Say he wasn't fit to come back this season, or he did come back but due to fitness wasn't starting. Would we offer him another marquee contract or try get him on wages in the cap?

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Say he wasn't fit to come back this season, or he did come back but due to fitness wasn't starting. Would we offer him another marquee contract or try get him on wages in the cap?
    If he gets the all clear from medical and physio side of things I'd be super happy for him to play again as marquee. Blokes a gun. Who you planning to sign as marquee that is gonna push Ronny out from that spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    If he gets the all clear from medical and physio side of things I'd be super happy for him to play again as marquee. Blokes a gun. Who you planning to sign as marquee that is gonna push Ronny out from that spot?
    well to be fair ronny wasn't the first choice by merrick so at least in his mind there was someone ahead of him

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    well to be fair ronny wasn't the first choice by merrick so at least in his mind there was someone ahead of him
    Pretty sure he was but money was an issue so we went to our number 2 whose wife got sick then Ronny became an option again
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Matt McKay the medico

Slightly unrelated but.....

So did anyone else notice on the foxtel coverage the "expert" medical staff (to use the term loosely) were about to roll Ronnie onto his broken ankle to put him on the stretcher, Matt McKay starts yelling at them and they lift up the stretcher, hand it over to the other side and roll him onto his right side before rolling him back onto the stretcher?

I've seen so many stories saying what a great job they did.. but really?? Is Matt McKay better qualified than the Brisbane Roar medical staff?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy View Post
    Slightly unrelated but.....

So did anyone else notice on the foxtel coverage the "expert" medical staff (to use the term loosely) were about to roll Ronnie onto his broken ankle to put him on the stretcher, Matt McKay starts yelling at them and they lift up the stretcher, hand it over to the other side and roll him onto his right side before rolling him back onto the stretcher?

I've seen so many stories saying what a great job they did.. but really?? Is Matt McKay better qualified than the Brisbane Roar medical staff?
    Can't say I was watching at that stage

The injury had made me want to look away and wait for play to resume etc

Don't they have an ambo on site??

They did on Sunday at the Southern End there waiting
    I would have thought for large scale events with crowds of 10k etc like HAL games it be mandated that ambo on site so many first aid staff etc

Also don't they have a heap of StJohn ambulance volunteers at Jets games ??

Where exactly are these people in Brisvegas??

Banned
    Moon boot is now off and he can start putting load on his leg

Bert claiming late Feb early March he back on the park

Hope he stays on track

great. Just in time to finish 7th. Thanks weak ankles 2.0.