Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Our Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    wouldn't his ban move with him even if it is overseas?
    No. FFA ban so all Australian domestic comps. He's still free to play in ACL or internationals.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    No. FFA ban so all Australian domestic comps. He's still free to play in ACL or internationals.
    If this is the case

Send him on loan to an NPL club

Ban can be chalked off there

And do it with a smile on our faces giving the ****wits at the FFA the 2 finger salute

i'm struggling with this.

i can't condone what he did. he was reckless at best, careless certainly. he made the wrong decision. he was lucky that thomas wasn't more injured.

half of me thinks the suspension is ridiculous and can't help thinking of many other tackles in A-league history that have been far worse. Mrdja on Durante or smeltz on young springs to mind for obvious reasons.

the other half thinks that we should be stamping this crap out. a few centimetres difference could have put the guy in hospital or worse. players, coaches, refs and administrators need to understand that challenges that endanger players should be punished harshly, even if it "ruins" the spectacle. if they apply this consistently then good. but i know they won't.

anyway, roy let us and his team mates down. he brought it on himself.
    I think there’s a big difference between a high foot and someone lunging in off the ground going for a ball with every intention to clean up the man. Muscat’s tackle on Zahra was so much worse than this, as was Brama’s on Gameiro this season. Those tackles had malice & intent.

If Roy missed Thomas by half a foot, does he even see red? What is the red based on? Contact? Intent? Dangerousness? Extent of the injury? No-one ****ing knows which is why the suspension is a lottery. If it’s dangerousness, there’s a lot of high foots that could be deemed red. Look at Delbridge’s red against the Mariners this year and tell me why that doesn’t get similar?

i also struggle with the photos that show berisha leading the charge to have a go at roy after the challenge. one of the dirtiest players the league has ever seen taking umbrage for a shocking tackle is the height of irony.
    This.
    I find it disgusting, especially after elbowing him in the face and breaking his eye socket a few minutes before. Oh but that was "unintentional", of course...
    This is the sort of injustice that creates a very high level of frustration in the player and fans.

I remember Smeltz destroying Birrraz's mouth: isn't that exactly the same situation? Actually much worse becuse he knew the keeper's head was there, and he caused actual damage. But he played for Syd FFA, so... not even a foul.
    Last edited by mic22; 18-05-2018 at 11:45 PM.

Jets are appealing.
    The legal team is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

If this is the case

Send him on loan to an NPL club

Ban can be chalked off there

And do it with a smile on our faces giving the ****wits at the FFA the 2 finger salute
    That's not how it works. He wouldn't be eligible for A-League games whilst registered and playing in the NPL so wouldn't be missing A-League games. If he did go and went to Malaysia or whatever, he would still be banned for 10 games in HAL if he ever came back.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    That's not how it works. He wouldn't be eligible for A-League games whilst registered and playing in the NPL so wouldn't be missing A-League games. If he did go and went to Malaysia or whatever, he would still be banned for 10 games in HAL if he ever came back.
    So if it works that way then it probably in our and Roys interests to find him another club not in Australia and part company then??

If we finish top two and do our usual one and done cup run, he's here for less than a third of our games. Money well spent.

You mean he’s out for just over a third?

27 rounds.
    1 FFA Cup at least, hopefully at least 2.

10/28 he will miss.
    He’s here for 18 games at minimum.

The previous face knock, the match situation, reference from Thomas, apologies, lack of injury.....none of that appears to have made any difference.
    The weird summary by the chairman doesnt make it sound any better. They were in for him no matter what but the inconsistency in these judgements is what irks most.
    Appeal and get it down to 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    You mean he’s out for just over a third?

27 rounds.
    1 FFA Cup at least, hopefully at least 2.

10/28 he will miss.
    He’s here for 18 games at minimum.
    I actually meant to say less than two thirds but yeah

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    The previous face knock, the match situation, reference from Thomas, apologies, lack of injury.....none of that appears to have made any difference.
    The weird summary by the chairman doesnt make it sound any better. They were in for him no matter what but the inconsistency in these judgements is what irks most.
    Appeal and get it down to 6.
    In for him??

That it went to a panel and he didnt get a set suspension a day or two after the game says they were in for him

That they couldnt make decision on the day of the hearing and needed 48 hours to come up with it says they were in for him

Throw in the odd groin strain he is good for at least once a season and so yeh we f^&*$d.

In for him??

That it went to a panel and he didnt get a set suspension a day or two after the game says they were in for him

That they couldnt make decision on the day of the hearing and needed 48 hours to come up with it says they were in for him

Absolutely. Only need to read Marshall's quotes in the media leading up to Fri they had it in for him. I thought Marshall's quotes if anything demonstrated a clear bias against Roy and showed no intention of a fair hearing and more importantly fair time out of the game outcome. His verbal if the reporting is also correct with Lawrie during the initial hearing would lend support to the theory Roy was on a hiding to nothing before the whole hire a independent Kangaroo Court process commenced. .

Just another example of FFA's blundering handling of the game and why these gravy train passengers the ilk of Gallop need to jog on and leave the game every opportunity to recover from there overstay'd incompetence.
    Last edited by 380; 19-05-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Lawrence Thomas delivered a vicious headbut to Roys foot and Roy the victim of the attack gets a 10 week suspension.

FFA have no idea.

another concern i have is that any future red card he gets will probably result in several weeks of suspension (unless there is no "past record" type criteria in determining the suspensions)

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    the bloke is a liability - we should offload him as soon as possible

taking up money under the salary cap with zero return for ten games, then to be fair, he won't exactly setting the A-League on fire for the remaining eighteen games, less FFA Cup game(s)

there's also a very good chance that he'll be suspended for a portion of those remaining games by some stupid bullshit like this again

Thomas' head should be his last kick for the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post

taking up money under the salary cap with zero return for ten games, then to be fair, he won't exactly setting the A-League on fire for the remaining eighteen games, less FFA Cup game(s)

there's also a very good chance that he'll be suspended for a portion of those remaining games by some stupid bullshit like this again

Tend to agree. No doubting his ability but at the end of the day there has to be value for your spend and sitting in the stands is not it especially self inflicted stints out of the game.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post

I agree

I think we can do better

Bloke has only really turned it on against the Gypos which doesnt say a lot.

Was pretty dissappointing when he came back from injury in getting on chances

If we can fandangle him out of the equation somehow I back Bert and Griff to find us someone better

You should always back your own lad regardless in these types of matters.

That people here are talking about getting rid of Roy is a disgrace.

Roy ****ed up sure but he's one of ours and we need to standby him. To do anything else is a pissweak act.