Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 17/18 HAL Round 02 | Newcastle Jets v Perth Glory | Sun 15th Oct 2017 5:00pm

Jackson has never been a fullback and we had cowburn on the bench who couldve played LB if needed. Terrible sub choice by Merrick imo
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned
    Who gives a **** about our full backs and our subs

Exactly what the **** was the men marking Taggart doing for the goals

Slow for 1st
    Nowhere for 2nd

Who was meant to be marking him

Topor or Boogaard??

Because for experienced players it was amatuer defending

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Who gives a **** about our full backs and our subs

Exactly what the **** was the men marking Taggart doing for the goals

Slow for 1st
    Nowhere for 2nd

Who was meant to be marking him

Topor or Boogaard??

Because for experienced players it was amatuer defending
    Boogs both goals!!

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    you can roll the turd in glitter but it's still a turd. throwing away points in the most jets way imaginable with two lumpen fullbacks that couldn't run a bath. jackson's clearance had the stench of the old jets pouring off it. stink lines and all. we will not make the six this year.

acceptable?
    Perfect.

Thanks, I needed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Ugar and Kanta fairly anonymous for most of the match. A few times Ugar did dribble the ball and did well, not a side I'd seen of him before. Not sure if its a directive that we play around the middle of the field and focus on wings or just a result of our CM's not hunting for the ball - I suspect both.
    From where I was standing, Perth absolutely stacked the middle of the park. We were getting no joy through there, and started playing better football when we spread it wide early through Vujica and Georgievski.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    we'll defo miss the 6 by 2 points and you can look back at this game and say that i was right
    So we coming 7th again??

Well I will take it and run right now

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    From where I was standing, Perth absolutely stacked the middle of the park. We were getting no joy through there, and started playing better football when we spread it wide early through Vujica and Georgievski.
    Perth may have stacked the centre of the park but reality was our centre mids in Kanta and Ugarkovic done little

When Brown came on he sat in their pocket as well

For the last 20 mins there was no composure and control of the game at all from any of them

Even if we conceding posession advantage you can look comfortable in defence and dangerous on the counter

We done neither yesterday

Kanta Ugar and Brown chased shadows and were bypassed in midfield and taken out of the game far too easily

Considering Kanta and Browns experience it not really good enough

Perth may have stacked the centre of the park but reality was our centre mids in Kanta and Ugarkovic done little

When Brown came on he sat in their pocket as well

For the last 20 mins there was no composure and control of the game at all from any of them

Even if we conceding posession advantage you can look comfortable in defence and dangerous on the counter

We done neither yesterday

Kanta Ugar and Brown chased shadows and were bypassed in midfield and taken out of the game far too easily

Considering Kanta and Browns experience it not really good enough
    Thats not what Merrick was saying post game, Talking about Kanta being better then last week and Uga combining well with Dimi and vargas and Brown doing a good job off the bench
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Brown does not offer nowhere near enough to be occupying a visa spot.

so he does offer something????
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

I was trying to be as kind as possible LOL

this is definitely still an incomplete side that is feeling the effects of previous, shitty management

Boogs and Brown offer very little considering the money they're on and use of a visa spot on one of em, we only have boogs because of stubbins and only still have brown because of jones I believe, apologies if I'm wrong on that end

I thought Vargas and Roy have shown to be two of our best imports in ages, Roy seems way more active playing for us then he ever did for the Mariners and Vargas with some time to gel with the team and get his fitness up can only improve from here I feel

Georgevski and Vujica killed it, considering Castro was running at Vujica a lot, he was game and did a really good job as well as putting in a lot of work up and down the park

Our midfield struggled a little compared to last game, i liked Uga going on the odd run and I do think Kanta is playing the best football he's played in years, but I would like to see Kanta get replaced by some truly high quality mid

Were we struggle most is our cb's who are just woeful, and the fact that nabbout is kinda start stop, he can be very good at times and gets himself into good positions, but messes up those positions a lot more then he shoul

Thought Nabbout looked out of sorts yesterday, couple of times just appeared flat footed a lack of anticipation if you will.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Thats not what Merrick was saying post game, Talking about Kanta being better then last week and Uga combining well with Dimi and vargas and Brown doing a good job off the bench
    Well I watched the game and from the time Vargas went off we were a lot less threatening

The minute Nabbout left our attack was ****ed as Champness didn't get into the game at all except to give away a few fouls

Our team just basically held position for the last 20 and tried to hang on

Our midfield sitting on the toes of our back four were the reason why

They never seen the ball and when we did get it we had no one to give it to or refused to respect possession and just hoofed it away

Bert was obviously watching a different game if he thinks we had any control of that last 20 mins because the dominance we were showing in the second half that was rewarded with the goal ceased as soon as the subs came on

Well I watched the game and from the time Vargas went off we were a lot less threatening

The minute Nabbout left our attack was ****ed as Champness didn't get into the game at all except to give away a few fouls

Our team just basically held position for the last 20 and tried to hang on

Our midfield sitting on the toes of our back four were the reason why

They never seen the ball and when we did get it we had no one to give it to or refused to respect possession and just hoofed it away

Bert was obviously watching a different game if he thinks we had any control of that last 20 mins because the dominance we were showing in the second half that was rewarded with the goal ceased as soon as the subs came on
    I agree with you for once we didnt look threatening once Vargas went off. I feel when Vargas goes off Dimi needs to go to number 10 then either Nabbout or Champness needs to go to the right

love at first sight

how long is champness signed for? can't wait to see him playing for sydney.

What people are saying is exactly why we need some luck to go well this year. Our best 11 has enough quality to make top 4. Unfortunately our depth is pretty shit. A few subs and our team starts to look a lot like last years.

Where is johnny k at? That's dudes way to talented to not be on the bench over someone like brown honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Where is johnny k at?
    this was muttered many times by me and my 6 personalities as we all drowned our sorrows post match.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    how long is champness signed for? can't wait to see him playing for sydney.
    This season as a scholarship player, and then 2 more years as a senior player.
    OK