Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: The Championship Chronicles - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Jeterpool, after having done all this work, and going over the season so closely, what is your view of GVE?
    I think Gary's legacy has been tainted by his return in the second period. His involvement in the title-winning season shouldn't be forgotten.

Having only spent an hour talking to him, I can only say he was brilliant with me. He was open and candid - as you've all heard.

He was a key part to us winning the title and had to put up with some....interesting...situations, like Jardel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    This pod is putting Jeterpool in the same level of greatness as Lord Griff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Possible sainthood beckons?
    I'm not worthy to be mentioned in the same breath as Griff, let alone be on the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Fine by me. Everything this pod represents and retails is the reason I follow football. Such a crime the club wont promote it. Surely Lawrie knows its been happening hell he's in it
    That's the part I've been disappointed in. They did send out a social media release of episode 1, and recently put a link in their e-newsletter for episode 6. I've had to try go through other channels, such as Football Nation Radio, the Herald, ABC and of course the Jetstream, to get the word out. Even tried some one of the Jets Supporters facebook groups but they have chosen to, so far, disregard my request despite saying they would.

But at the end of the day, the people who have heard it have enjoyed it. It's brought back memories of great times and that's what I wanted to do. As I've always said about the series - it's for our fans and the players.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    I'm listening to each episode on my work drives to and from Sydney - timed so I listen to the last one the day after it's released

I can't get over the quality of the way you've put this all together - so much effort and so much time must have been spent on this - it's absolutely amazing just how incredible this sounds for something that wass done for the love of it

Fox Sports have been very generous in letting you use the match commentary - I can't imagine how you'd have been able to put this together without that - so a huge thanks to them

for those of us involved back in 08, you forget how mad those times were and how awesome Griff was - listening to this brings it all back
    That's really nice Boz. Thanks for the kind words - it means a lot. I'm really glad I could get you involved in the series as well.

For someone with zero exprience working with audio, cutting and collating and is all self-taught, I'm pretty happy with the result. The 101 lesson Furns gave me also helped - but just mucking around with the program was how I learned.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 26-02-2018 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I'm not worthy to be mentioned in the same breath as Griff, let alone be on the same level.

That's the part I've been disappointed in. They did send out a social media release of episode 1, and recently put a link in their e-newsletter for episode 6. I've had to try go through other channels, such as Football Nation Radio, the Herald, ABC and of course the Jetstream, to get the word out. Even tried some one of the Jets Supporters facebook groups but they have chosen to, so far, disregard my request despite saying they would.

But at the end of the day, the people who have heard it have enjoyed it. It's brought back memories of great times and that's what I wanted to do. As I've always said about the series - it's for our fans and the players.
    The media is getting more blase about spreading good news around. I've been trying to promote something very worthwhile for ages and got a bite only from the Herald. Never heard back from ABC or NBN amongst others.

If the Chronicles detailed wild drinking and orgies and dumped the dirt on Griff it would be everywhere!

For the final episode, I was so glad I'd spoken to Aaron Kearney before speaking to Remo. I couldn't help but ask about the story about Con

For the final episode, I was so glad I'd spoken to Aaron Kearney before speaking to Remo. I couldn't help but ask about the story about Con
    Mate - haven't noticed anywhere but did you try to get a word with Con at all - or did you just think "let it be"?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Mate - haven't noticed anywhere but did you try to get a word with Con at all - or did you just think "let it be"?
    I considered asking JT and Remo but didn't. I kinda just thought let it be.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    just listened to No.7 this afternoon - it was pretty special to re-live all those memories

until hearing Remo's bits, I'd not realised that all credit for everything should go to him

I considered asking JT and Remo but didn't. I kinda just thought let it be.
    I fully understand why you didn't push the issue, but I have to say the lack of Con in the Chrons is the one thing I think was missing. Particularly after Remo's great insights, it would have been great to get Con's insights and point of view. Something that really hit home about Con though, was when you talked to Tarek and he told you when Con left the club he did what seems like a clearout and just scrapped/gave away all his stuff, notably giving Tarek the aerial shot of the GF Tifo. Maybe even if you did approach Con, he wouldn't have wanted to be apart of it. Maybe he wiped his hands of this club for good, which makes me upset thinking about that tbh.

What you've done with these Chrons is truly amazing, the best thing a supporter has ever done for this club imo. So don't take my Con sentiments the wrong way. I just wish I had these great detailed stories from Con's perspective too. You know me though, if you interviewed every Novocastrian ever about that year I'd listen to them all and love every minute - so I'd never be fully satisfied ops:
    OK

Other than through Remo and JT (who I had to get access to via WSW, so it was an approach through another person, not direct) I didn't know how to contact him. Do I ring Parklea markets and ask? Not many know how long it takes to chase people up for these things. It's often twice the time spent interviewing them. And if I had to travel to Sydney, I didn't really have the time.

I'm not taking it the wrong way, and it would have been nice, but I tried hard to get Laybutt and Hearfield in as well but couldn't get that across the line. To get 24 was more than I expected. And to be honest, the whole thing with a second kid that didn't sleep, still doing the regular podcast and full time work left me exhausted.

Final episode of the Championship Chronicles is released tomorrow - a reflection of the season. There's some interesting stories that didn't specifically fit in the series.

have just finished listening to ep 7
    Wow !!!
    you have done an amazing job, the whole series has been absolutely wonderful.It has brought back great memories.
    Had not heard the security guard story but was surprised the policeman/shirt signing was not common knowledge. We had heard about it a couple of days after the GF.
    The Tifo !! what can you say. when that unfolded and the chant went up ,we could see the coastie supporters do a collective sigh of defeat,
    a truly wonderful and emotional day

Quote Originally Posted by margie View Post
    have just finished listening to ep 7
    Wow !!!
    you have done an amazing job, the whole series has been absolutely wonderful.It has brought back great memories.
    Had not heard the security guard story but was surprised the policeman/shirt signing was not common knowledge. We had heard about it a couple of days after the GF.
    The Tifo !! what can you say. when that unfolded and the chant went up ,we could see the coastie supporters do a collective sigh of defeat,
    a truly wonderful and emotional day

Just finished the series. Well done mate, fantastic job!! Loved hearing all the stories and especially from the players. This is the best thing I've ever listened to.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Just finished the series. Well done mate, fantastic job!! Loved hearing all the stories and especially from the players. This is the best thing I've ever listened to.
    Thansk mate I'm stoked you enjoyed it!

I'm interested to hear from those who have listened to episode 9, what do you think about Mark Bridge and Stu Musialik's thoughts on departing Newcastle?

I genuinely believe Bridge didn't want to leave.

I'm interested to hear from those who have listened to episode 9, what do you think about Mark Bridge and Stu Musialik's thoughts on departing Newcastle?

Sounds like both were expecting to stay but the club revised their offers. From what I can remember at the time, and GVE basically repeated it Con thought the lifestyle would keep the players here and saw it as an opportunity to offer them less.

Man... After hearing both of them talk, I want to take back every bad thing I've said about them post-leaving..
    Its funny how at the time and in the heat of the moment, its very easy to just go "oh, what a piece-of-sh!t" but you obviously don't realise whats going on in the background or other elements that come in to play..
    They both sounded genuinely upset/perturbed to have been put in the position they were in at the time.. (and for that to emanate in how and what they said, 10 years on, is quite amazing)

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Yet to listen:

Pre listening thoughts - I forgive Stu. With Bridge I've done too much damage with him.... I feel my whole life would be a lie if I take back that stuff... off him

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    plus he's a fat ****