Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Championship Chronicles - Discussion Thread

The Championship Chronicles - Discussion Thread

The Jetstream is excited to officially announce the upcoming release of “The Championship Chronicles”, a special series of podcasts to commemorate 10 years since the Newcastle Jets won the A-League.

This series, 3 years in the making, has been produced to allow the fans recall the best season as a supporter of the Newcastle Jets. It will also recognise those involved on and off the field for their contribution to creating lasting memories for everyone in attendance at Energy Australia Stadium that year.
    With the first episode due to hit your ears November 22nd, David Keating (@jeterpool) will take a chronological look over the entire season – from recruitment to the Pre-Season Cup campaign, the whole A-League season and, of course, the finals series.

Over 9 episodes, you will hear from 24 former players, coaches, media and administrators involved with that successful campaign – including Gary van Egmond, Joel Griffiths, Jade North, Ante Covic, Adam Griffiths, Remo Nogorotto, Stuart Musialik, Matt Thompson, Andrew Durante, Mark Bridge, Tarek Elrich Adam D’Apuzzo, James Holland, Noel Spencer, Paul Kohler, Steve Eagleton, Jason Hoffman, Jobe Wheelhouse, John Tsatsimis and Aaron Kearney. All talking points, goals, victories, defeats, highs and lows are discussed – and includes some stories and insights you haven’t heard before!
    The episodes are titled:

Episode 1 – Continuing The Momentum (Released 22nd November 2017)
    The Jets have finished the 2006/07 season with a heart breaking loss to Adelaide and are facing the task of replacing key players who have departed. We review the process of recruiting new additions, the pre-season cup and the first 4 rounds of the A-League.

Episode 2 – Starting to Build (Released 6th December 2017)
    The Jets are undefeated in the A-League and we cover the team’s results in the A-League between Round 5 and Round 10.

• Episode 3 – Coming Back to Earth (Released 20th December 2017)
    The Jets are cruising in the A-League, sitting comfortably in the Top 4. However, during the month of November the team began to falter, as we cover the matches between Round 11 and 16.

• Episode 4 – Flying Towards the Finals (Released 10th January 2018)
    There are 4 games for the Jets to cement their spot in the Grand Final prior to the end of the A-League season. We cover the Jets end of the regular season between Round 17 and 21, including the unique situation in Round 21 where all Top 4 teams were on the same points, playing teams outside finals contention.

• Episode 5 – The Rivalry Resumes (Released 24th January 2018)
    The Jets and Mariners face off in the Semi Final after finishing 2nd and 1st place respectively. We cover the home and away legs in this fixture, with the winner progressing to the Grand Final.

• Episode 6 – The Greatest Match of the Season (Released 8th February 2018)
    After Queensland Roar defeated Sydney, they travelled to Newcastle to face the Jets in the Preliminary Final. This episode focusses on one of the greatest matches in Newcastle football history as the Jets progress to the Grand Final and, at the same time, qualify for the Asian Champions League.

Episode 7 – The Ultimate F3 Derby (Released 15th February 2018)
    The Jets will face the Mariners at the Sydney Football Stadium in the Grand Final. This episode covers the lead up to the match, including training, the memories of the players of what they remember around town, the trip down the F3 and untold stories as the team prepared for the match. Also – we pay tribute to the giant TIFO unveiled by the Squadron and learn how it came to be.

Episode 8 – We Got It! We Won It! It’s Ours!
    (Released 24th February 2018)
    The Jets kick off the Grand Final and the one of the biggest match in Newcastle football’s storied history begins. We cover the match, the (spoilers!) celebrations and the team’s trip back up the F3 to celebrate the fans in Adamstown.

Episode 9 – Season Reflection (Released 1st March 2018)
    In the final episode, we cover the after-math of the Grand Final, hear some additional stories from the players and hear what that season meant to all players in the squad.

The Jetstream is a podcast run by a group of fans simply for their love of the team. We would love your support to help spread the word to all Jets fans to allow them the opportunity to hear from their favourite players and experience, again, the emotional rollercoaster that was Season 2007/2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Herald jumping on board
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Created a thread for people to discuss the stories from the series when it comes out.

As you may be aware, a handful of people have road-tested the series so far and they've enjoyed it - and found some errors for me to fix! :P

But in all honesty, would love for people to share their memories of events that are covered in the series. It will build a valuable history of that fantastic season.

The Championship Chronicles WOW.

Traveling through the USA over the last 6 weeks I was lucky enough to be given an advanced copy of this amazing series.

I regularly listen to 5/6 podcasts a week. They vary from football, photography to technology but the one thing they all have in common is the professionalism they are put together and the way they are presented.

With regard to the Championship Chronicles, I have to say, this is up there with the very best.

Ok with the quality and standards sorted a great pod is about the content and this series has it in spades.

These pods had me laughing, cheering, swearing, choking up with emotion and tears Welling in my eyes. And all of this happening while flying from one City to another.

On more the one occasion the Minister for War and Finance grabbed my leg, tapped me on the shoulder holding her finger to her mouth to sshhh me. At one point I cheered so loud my with put her hand over my mouth to shut me up, while other passengers turned and gave death stares for scaring the shit out of them.

The Championship Chronicles are of such a high standard I really hope they are picked up by a local radio to show how important the the Jets are too, not only their fans, but the region as well.

As for Daves efforts. The Chronicles show what a talent he has for telling a story and I hope this isn't the last we see him do this sort of thing.

After everyone listens to the Chronicles maybe we can do a bit of crowd funding to encourage him to do more.

Great effort Dave.

this is the best thing related to our club that has happened since 24-02-08
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by GrantB View Post
    After everyone listens to the Chronicles maybe we can do a bit of crowd funding to encourage him to do more.
    I highly encourage the club to do something to give him an excuse to do it again
    OK

its like Lord Griff whispering sweet nothings in your ears.

even better than the bread slicer.

Best. Thing. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

A final, extended, teaser was released this morning.

Hope you all enjoy!

If people want to hear a bit more about why I did the Chronicles, and what lies ahead, I did an interview with Brogan on Behind The Game. He has released the interview this morning.

9 days until the first episode is out!

Seven days to go.

Looking forward to see the reaction from the rest of the world when they hear this awesome story.

Banned
    Jeterpool

You getting your material this season for the 2nd Championship Chronicles etc

It our year don't forget

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Jeterpool

You getting your material this season for the 2nd Championship Chronicles etc

It our year don't forget

Championship Chronicles II: Attack of the Jets (hows that one Furns!!)
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 15-11-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Im the voice of a screaming toddler "But I want it now!!!!". Seven more days sigh

For anyone interested, I will be on 1233 ABC Newcastle tomorrow morning around 8:40am. Craig Hamilton will be interviewing me about the Championship Chronicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    For anyone interested, I will be on 1233 ABC Newcastle tomorrow morning around 8:40am. Craig Hamilton will be interviewing me about the Championship Chronicles.
    Tell him if you werent at the Capt Cook on Gf day you missed the A game

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    If me makes any Knights comparisons, change the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Tell him if you werent at the Capt Cook on Gf day you missed the A game
    Didn't get the chance to bring it up

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    If me makes any Knights comparisons, change the subject.
    And there were no Knights comparisons that I can recall. I certainly kept it all football related. Though I did get a question without notice around shirt pulling and why it isn't policed. Not anything to do with the work I had done, but still said what I thought.

JR on KOFM also gave me a bit of a plug yesterday which was nice.

Just a final reminder that the first episode is out tomorrow. It covers the reaction to the loss against Adelaide, the recruitment drive adn the first 4 rounds of that season.

Awesome! Can't wait to give it a listen..

Happy Chronicles day people