Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: The Championship Chronicles - Discussion Thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I'm going to listen to this again this week

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Started working through this during the week and listened to about 3 episodes on the way up yesterday. Will probably finish it on the way home (we just beat brisbane to reach the grand final). Interesting insights, although covic does seem to drone on a bit! 😁

And griff - we played shit so we went out for a night on the piss! Unbelievable.

Well done jeterpool (and anybody else involved). Here's hoping you can start another one next sunday!
    Thanks mate. Glad you're enjoying it
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    I'm going to listen to this again this week
    Yeah me too..
    I hope Jeterpool is already out there interviewing players/coaches/Lord Griff in the lead up for his next Chronicles..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Yeah me too..
    I hope Jeterpool is already out there interviewing players/coaches/Lord Griff in the lead up for his next Chronicles..
    You've reached my out-of-office.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Wow. That's an amazing story. Thank you for sharing it. It's stories like this, and all the others who gave their feedback, that made it all worthwhile.
    Many thanks to you all
    Had my son at the game and he asked if it was like 10yrs ago after listening to the series. He can't wait to be at the game and is making us listen to the series this week again to get 'pumped up'. Gee I'd love Aaron Kearney to call this game and bring back the memories. How goods this week going to be

For those interested, there is now a separated page for the Championship Chronicles where you don't have to scroll through all the old episodes to find them if you wanted to listen again

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/hom...ip-chronicles/

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Yeah me too..
    Truthfully, I had been keeping notes etc from earlier in the season. I was going to do it all again but alas, no need anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Truthfully, I had been keeping notes etc from earlier in the season. I was going to do it all again but alas, no need anymore.
    Enough negative waves Dave. I was going to delete my recordings of ABC commentaries over the last two games...BUT....

This is like 2006-2008. A first season where we were entertainers and the heartbreak of being knocked out on pens in Adelaide. Then a year later and victory.

It's only halftime in Chronicles 2....

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Enough negative waves Dave. I was going to delete my recordings of ABC commentaries over the last two games...BUT....

This is like 2006-2008. A first season where we were entertainers and the heartbreak of being knocked out on pens in Adelaide. Then a year later and victory.

We also lost Nicky Carle after season 2 and thought the sky was falling. So this off-season, we'll lose Petratos and everyone will think we'll go backwards. It's all part of the plan...

I really hope so mate.

Negative waves are getting me through at the moment. Not as many as yesterday though. Man I was in a filthy mood

Age and wisdom prevails in times like this - in my time I have witnessed...

KB United drag in 16,000 for a for a home cup semi final and lose on penalties.

A Griff led United fall short at home in an NSL preliminary final.

Lose pen shootout in 2007 in Adelaide.

Iran '97.

Lucas Neill 2006.

This is a walk in the park....but we need to maintain the rage of that VAR cockup.

Age and wisdom prevails in times like this - in my time I have witnessed...

KB United drag in 16,000 for a for a home cup semi final and lose on penalties.

Lose pen shootout in 2007 in Adelaide.

Iran '97.

Lucas Neill 2006.

This is a walk in the park....but we need to maintain the rage of that VAR cockup.
    For me Lucas Neill was the worst - there's no coming back from a WC elimination. There's basically no tomorrow - by the time the next WC comes, everything is different. At least the Jets can start again next season and we have a whole season to fondly look back on. This GF loss is up there though because of the hard slog of the last 10 years.

The gravity of Iran didn't sink in at the time - I was 15. The Jets pen shootout also didn't affect me as much - probably because it was away from home, against a much more fancied side. It also felt like we had built a good side and our time would come. It's like Sydney/Melb City losing a semi now - I'm sure it stings, but both sets of fans know full well they'll be back in the finals next year barring something out of the ordinary.

LIES!!!!!!
    Griff has never lost a game.

hashtagfakenews

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    For me Lucas Neill was the worst - there's no coming back from a WC elimination. There's basically no tomorrow - by the time the next WC comes, everything is different. At least the Jets can start again next season and we have a whole season to fondly look back on. This GF loss is up there though because of the hard slog of the last 10 years.

The gravity of Iran didn't sink in at the time - I was 15. The Jets pen shootout also didn't affect me as much - probably because it was away from home, against a much more fancied side. It also felt like we had built a good side and our time would come. It's like Sydney/Melb City losing a semi now - I'm sure it stings, but both sets of fans know full well they'll be back in the finals next year barring something out of the ordinary.
    Your age might have saved you

That Iran game was the worst by a long way.

We dominated that game. In the first half we were all over them like a rash. They had no answer.

Kewell scored finally and we were off and running
    When HT come we maintained the rage and when Vidmar tapped in we were in France

Then ****wit Hoare jumped the fence.

2 goals from nothing against the run of play in minutes and we are going out on away goals.
    We still hammered them the last 15 mins but couldnt get the goal.

It was highway robbery of biblical scale.
    I have never felt so dissappointed after a game as then.

This weekend wasnt even close to the depression that night in 1997 not even close

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    This weekend wasnt even close to the depression that night in 1997 not even close
    Agree with you this time Member....that night is the most desolate and depressing I have witnessed in 40 years watching football. There has never been hurt like it and I have never watched that game again.

The first goal being so obviously offside made it worse.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 07-05-2018 at 04:57 PM.

I also think I wasn’t invested in the Socceroos back then either, so the gravity of the match didn’t hit me. I’m not sure why, I was playing from the age of 9 and had been going to Breakers games with dad a lot, but the Aussies just weren’t on the radar. I didn’t grow up with soccer fans in the family so I think I had to discover a lot of it myself over time.