Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: TheJetstream PODCAST

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Just read the A-League app review of the best moments of 2007/8. Griff is not mentioned once! Heresy.
    On the A-Leauge site his photo with the Johnny Warren Medal and Golden boot was there.

Don't worry - he gets a few mentions in the pod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Teaser 3 hits the podcast feed 7am tomorrow morning.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Request for help -

Are there any Graphic Designers on here that would be willing to donate their time and skill to make a special logo for the Championship Chronicles?

I've self taught everything myself in the project so far, but this is something I am asking for some assistance.

Please PM me or reply if you can assist!

Popped up a FB live video on our page on Thursday night, after the Lawrie & Ernie interviews were completed. Please check it out if you haven't already.
    Announced that there will be 5 episodes in 5 days next week to kick off the season.
    Mon - 4th teaser for championship chronicles
    Tues - Q&A with Ernie
    Wed - Q&A with Lawrie
    Thurs - Jets season preview
    Fri - new show called Around The Grounds. Will deal with the other teams in HAL & our opponents for each weekend

Btw we are keen to expand our team of contributors, so if you can talk football and are interested to help out please drop myself or Jeterpool a PM
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Popped up a FB live video on our page on Thursday night, after the Lawrie & Ernie interviews were completed. Please check it out if you haven't already.
    Announced that there will be 5 episodes in 5 days next week to kick off the season.
    Mon - 4th teaser for championship chronicles
    Tues - Q&A with Ernie
    Wed - Q&A with Lawrie
    Thurs - Jets season preview
    Fri - new show called Around The Grounds. Will deal with the other teams in HAL & our opponents for each weekend

Btw we are keen to expand our team of contributors, so if you can talk football and are interested to help out please drop myself or Jeterpool a PM
    Loved the Ernie Pod, Great work fellas. Cheers for asking my question and loved the response. Glad Ernie will be adapting to game situations and opposition strengths and weaknesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Ernie pod was great. Thanks for asking all those questions.
    Turn your bloody phone on silent phernz.
    The 4-0 question was great and Ernie took it like a legend.
    Striker depth still worries me. I understand what Ernie is saying, but it still scares me. Let's hope Roy doesn't headbutt Manny Muscat again.
    Song Jin-Hyung went from Jerks to Tours in France, to Jeju in Korea, to Al-Sharjah in UAE, and has recently signed for FC Seoul - he made it back home!
    OK

THanks mate, hopefully everyone enjoyed it!

Enjoyed the Podcast some good insights. hopefully all the talk comes to fruition.
    Amigos Aarau

Listen to the McKinna pod straight after the Merrick one.

Difference between these blokes is like chalk and cheese.

Ernie seems like a breath of fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Listen to the McKinna pod straight after the Merrick one.

Difference between these blokes is like chalk and cheese.

Ernie seems like a breath of fresh air.
    agreed
    Amigos Aarau

two mammoth pods being released thursday and friday
    Our Jets season preview episode is out first thing in the morning, featuring interviews with two special guests hence why the episode runs for 1hr40mins haha
    Friday sees the debut of the new Around The Grounds show and features discussion from us on CCM, WSW and MV plus interviews with fans for all three of those teams.

We will definately try to keep future episodes at around 40-45 minutes going forward but we wanted to make sure that everyone got a bumper week of episodes to kick off the season, seeing as we hadnt done much this time around in the way of offseason content.
    Hope everyone is enjoying the #5days5episodes run

Please, if you are enjoying the content and can help us to spread the word, please share the episodes on your social media platforms. We are really targeting this season to increase our listenership and word of mouth amongst supporters is the best way to help that along.
    And if you feel like it, chuck an iTunes review our way as well. We will read them out on the show, we just didnt have any time this week to squeeze it in.
    Last edited by furns; 05-10-2017 at 12:05 AM.

The Lawrie pod had a lot of interesting insights and confirmations. Thanks fellas for doing that. The notable points for me:
    - It was good to hear Lawrie admit fault for the kits being rushed.
    - Roy O'Donovan is a marquee (or designated) player - wow, did not expect that. Very interesting to hear that confirmed. I think it says a lot about the wages of all our other players more than anything, which we can obviously judge how we'd like. It felt almost Robbie Middleby esque to hear that Roy thing tbh "we don't have a marquee but Ryan Griffiths gets paid a lot".
    - "tell us why you think the MAG is good?"... "we will not discuss Ljubo Milicevic". What a weird way to take that on, it was barely on subject and if he didn't want to discuss it, don't bring it up yourself ffs ops: also just the entire premise that he won't be discussing it in that pod or MAG meetings just further shows what a fraud & coward Lawrie is, plus gives us a genuine snapshot of his management style and exactly whose club this currently is and isn't, IMO. If he wants to appear transparent.. be transparent.
    - It's really poor to hear that we're a couple of days away from the season, 10 years since 07/08, and Lawrie has said we've got nothing yet planned for the decade celebrations.
    - "I'm waiting for the hard questions" - us fans need to pick up our game ffs ops:

Thanks Dave & phernz, outstanding work on both those pods.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    The Lawrie pod had a lot of interesting insights and confirmations. Thanks fellas for doing that. The notable points for me:
    - It was good to hear Lawrie admit fault for the kits being rushed.
    - Roy O'Donovan is a marquee (or designated) player - wow, did not expect that. Very interesting to hear that confirmed. I think it says a lot about the wages of all our other players more than anything, which we can obviously judge how we'd like. It felt almost Robbie Middleby esque to hear that Roy thing tbh "we don't have a marquee but Ryan Griffiths gets paid a lot".
    - "tell us why you think the MAG is good?"... "we will not discuss Ljubo Milicevic". What a weird way to take that on, it was barely on subject and if he didn't want to discuss it, don't bring it up yourself ffs ops: also just the entire premise that he won't be discussing it in that pod or MAG meetings just further shows what a fraud & coward Lawrie is, plus gives us a genuine snapshot of his management style and exactly whose club this currently is and isn't, IMO. If he wants to appear transparent.. be transparent.
    - It's really poor to hear that we're a couple of days away from the season, 10 years since 07/08, and Lawrie has said we've got nothing yet planned for the decade celebrations.
    - "I'm waiting for the hard questions" - us fans need to pick up our game ffs ops:

Thanks Dave & phernz, outstanding work on both those pods.
    I don't necessarily believe he admitted fault, however the reasoning behind it is the same we've heard year on year. It's always last minute.

Re: the MAG question, yeah it wasn't where I was going with it. I wanted to understand what value he saw in the group but it went in a different tangent.

And the 10 year thing concerns me too. The club should be all over that. Make it the biggest celebration of the year. It's our biggest achievement as a club - celebrate it.

Also thanks for giving my name away. Robert Dillon is one step closer to learning my true identity now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post

Also thanks for giving my name away. Robert Dillon is one step closer to learning my true identity now.
    eggs have no names

5th episode for the week - Around The Grounds - now up and ready for listening.
    We hope everyone has enjoyed the content leading into the season kicking off this weekend.

Surely this weeks match review deserves a double episode...stuff being concise!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Surely this weeks match review deserves a double episode...stuff being concise!
    Ha ha. I'm not hosting the review either! Seems I only do losses

F3 Derby review episode posted today
    Around The Grounds ep2 will be up in the morning

A final, extended, Championship Chronicles teaser was released this morning.

Hope you all enjoy!

review of the Brisbane game went up Tuesday and included a great chat with rhysd about the Vargas injury
    Preview of the WSW game will be up in the morning. No chat with WSW supporters as we already spoke to them a few weeks back for the Around The Grounds Rd1 podcast episode and we'd basically be talking over the same points. Please feel free to cycle back and have a listen. All previous episodes are available via newcastlefootball.net/podcast

BTW as mentioned on the previous episode, Around The Grounds got some great download numbers however we dont think that it is sustainable as a weekly show in a 10 team league. We will bring it back mid season to discuss with the other clubs how they are situated at the midway point of the season, and then again in the final rounds to review the clubs seasons' and their success or failure to qualify for the finals.