Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
of course they do, but it's not their stadium, they rent it. Knights changed the eastern stand name when they were in charge, now the government runs it and to change the name of the stand is their decision.
There are plenty of other problems higher on the list at that stadium before the naming of a stand. If you're that passionate about it buy your membership in the western stand in the upper tier and make your own banner to hang every home game.
Personally i find it a bit gimmicky anyway, would much rather wait and honour our history with a lasting legacy. I was much more impressed with the idea of using projections and banners at the front of the stadium to create a greater feeling of entering the jets stadium, the strange thing is why the original design for the stadium didn't allow for these sorts of things to be easily done. Could be cool to see a rolling history of Newcastle football images projected up on the centre panel of the western stand as you walk in.

I also liked the answers about the jets championship being honoured at the stadium hopefully they can get it & the knights stuff ok'd by NSW venues.