Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: TheJetstream PODCAST

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Greater value?
    How much do you want for $6?
    haha agreed. it's cheaper to watch zadkid & his friends than it is to watch state league games.

Banned
    Should at least play a couple pre HAL as curtain raiser. Plus a couple of W League games as curtain raisers through the season. Don't need to play all of them but put a few on so people outside of the die hards can see the standards

I don't mind them being held on different days imo, good for those lazy Sunday afternoons or when the senior team plays away that weekend.
    If you have them as a curtain raiser, kick-off has to be about 3 hours earlier than the senior game. How many people would actually turn up for that? Based on the game played last season against the AIS, < 1000 people probably.

I think there should be a couple maybe, but it's better the way it is in terms of cost and convenience for the majority of games to be played outside of the senior match day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Greater value?
    How much do you want for $6?
    Is this Robbie Middleby?? He he, I just like being able to get as much football as I can. Being able to see two games reminds me of being able to go watch lower grades back in the day at the Knights.

Cheers lads, all questions have been submitted and I will be conducting interviews tomorrow.
    Look for the podcasts to be released separately in the coming weeks

Just to add that I am hoping to attend the Trust meeting on so I will be looking to record and post that as a special edition podcast also.

When might the first installment be up on eyechoones?
    Keen to hear the club not answer our questions.

Just subscribed through iTunes now the tecnoragy will take over and let me know when it arrives.

Posted it on twitter - will be up within 48 hours

episode 16 is now available
    http://newcastlefootball.jellycast.c...am%20ep_16.mp3 to listen to the episode
    http://newcastlefootball.jellycast.com/podcast/feed/2 is the RRS feed to subscribe for you non-iTunes people like me
    http://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/t...288109928?mt=2 is the iTunes subscription link

This first Fans Forum episode is with Robbie Middleby and Jarrod Johnstone.
    I will release the Trust Forum podcast at the end of the week and then the GVE Fan Forum episode in about another week after that.
    Last edited by furns; 03-07-2012 at 07:07 PM.

robbie genuinely believes it's a non-issue that our keepers wear our main rivals colours at any time. remember the uproar liverpool fans had when blue featured on their kits?

also he has a faint memory - he said they'd never wear the mariners colours when playing against the mariners.

game 1 away v coast:

game 2 away v coast:

not only did they wear the mariners colours, they wore both of their colours over two games.

how is it difficult in terms of getting ISC to make different coloured keepers kits, as robbie said it was? it's easy, it's a one-coloured kit without patterns! the amount of teams ISC service in football, surely there's more keepers colours than navy blue & yellow (and the green they wear too).
    Last edited by pv4; 02-07-2012 at 03:04 PM.

What colour should they wear then ?

I'd be happy if they wore the green all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

anything but the colour of our main rivals, i guess. grey, black, greens, blues, reds, pinks, any colour except yellow.

Banned
    Don't think they understood the idea about changing the names of the grandstands for Jets games.

Fobbed it off as a NSW Government decision to name the stands.

Can't see why for Football matches the Jets/ Hunter Stadium can't refer to the Andrew Johns Stand as ........ Joel Griffiths stand instead the next day it can go back to being the Andrew Johns Stand

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    I don't mind them being held on different days imo, good for those lazy Sunday afternoons or when the senior team plays away that weekend.
    If you have them as a curtain raiser, kick-off has to be about 3 hours earlier than the senior game. How many people would actually turn up for that? Based on the game played last season against the AIS, < 1000 people probably.

I think there should be a couple maybe, but it's better the way it is in terms of cost and convenience for the majority of games to be played outside of the senior match day.
    hey superdylan

Good job Furns.
    Happy with the answers to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    hey superdylan
    lol, great call

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Don't think they understood the idea about changing the names of the grandstands for Jets games.

Fobbed it off as a NSW Government decision to name the stands.

Can't see why for Football matches the Jets/ Hunter Stadium can't refer to the Andrew Johns Stand as ........ Joel Griffiths stand instead the next day it can go back to being the Andrew Johns Stand
    of course they do, but it's not their stadium, they rent it. Knights changed the eastern stand name when they were in charge, now the government runs it and to change the name of the stand is their decision.
    There are plenty of other problems higher on the list at that stadium before the naming of a stand. If you're that passionate about it buy your membership in the western stand in the upper tier and make your own banner to hang every home game.
    Last edited by furns; 03-07-2012 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    If it was me I'd start with gold for the R&B kit , then have a plain black or white for clashes, or maybe a plain emerald or plain cinnamon different colours that won't clash with other HAL clubs and have some meaning for our club/region.

The most disappointing thing to hear for me was that they were considering a replica kb kit with replica kb logo's, now due to the FFA taking that government anti-binge drinking campaign sponsorship no HAL club is allowed to have alcohol sponsors which basically rules it out, would have been awesome to get a KB sponsored E & C jets kit.