Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: TheJetstream PODCAST

i think they're much different to the old ones that you're talking about, i've only had a short kick around on the UNSW one, like you said the problems have been ironed out.

the bounce is comparable to grass, same as the roll, plus there's no bumps etc. i'd happily play on it, but i grew up playing hockey on astroturf so i'm used to it.

i watched a game of women's AA on it after, so I can't give you much information as to what a proper game of football is like on it, though.

I eavesdropped on a convo that one of the guys behind the soccer5's on the central coast had........ Even with conservative estimates these things, if run well, are money making machines.
    Find the right spot so they are well used by the community..... Charge the right price.....rake in the money.

http://newcastlefootball.jellycast.c...am%20ep_18.mp3

New episode is available - Fan Forum part 2 featuring our interview with Gary Van Egmond. Asked the questions that people had been posting on here for ages, as well as the questions that were actually submitted when I asked for them.

Great work mate.

Can see from GvE's response why we didn't sign Flores. He sort of rules it out there and then upon reflection!

Banned
    Not overtly flustered on Flores. Bloke may have put some good goals in when at Adelaide to make some good YouTube vids but he isn't exactly a team player.

Very lazy defensively and would not fit into our team dynamic much like KFC Hernandez.

Pleasing aspect GVE was pretty honest with a few things. Claiming his man management skills etc need improving and it is an area that he is lacking in.

Always a great sign when you can admit your own faults and not be in denial.

Griffo comments show promise. Speaks to Joel regularly. Keen to have him back. Would fit into set up well etc.

Maybe it ain't the clubs fault Griff hasn't resigned maybe the pressure needs to be applied to Joel to man up, return home and lead the Newy Charge to the HAL title

5 aleague teams in preseason, overseas preseason trip still on the cards.

won't be surprised when we play sydney fc & wellington and that's about it.

gve didn't mention peppz once when talking about mids. also didn't mention regan (iirc) when talking about cbs.
    OK

keeping the pressure of the young boys.
    mind games have started.

was also defending himself against the "the squads too young" brigade, so he's hardly going to lst a few young players!

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    5 aleague teams in preseason, overseas preseason trip still on the cards.

won't be surprised when we play sydney fc & wellington and that's about it.

gve didn't mention peppz once when talking about mids. also didn't mention regan (iirc) when talking about cbs.
    I don't recall him mentioning them either, but he didn't mention Goodwin, Bridges either I think. I'm not reading too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Not overtly flustered on Flores. Bloke may have put some good goals in when at Adelaide to make some good YouTube vids but he isn't exactly a team player.

Very lazy defensively and would not fit into our team dynamic much like KFC Hernandez.

Pleasing aspect GVE was pretty honest with a few things. Claiming his man management skills etc need improving and it is an area that he is lacking in.

Always a great sign when you can admit your own faults and not be in denial.

Griffo comments show promise. Speaks to Joel regularly. Keen to have him back. Would fit into set up well etc.

Maybe it ain't the clubs fault Griff hasn't resigned maybe the pressure needs to be applied to Joel to man up, return home and lead the Newy Charge to the HAL title
    I agree - the man management comments were something pleasing to hear, as it was a widely spread rumour his man managemnet wasn't his greatest asset as a coach. It was interesting to listen about the type of football he wants us to play and the tactics as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    keeping the pressure of the young boys.
    mind games have started.

was also defending himself against the "the squads too young" brigade, so he's hardly going to lst a few young players!
    he labelled his team as kids at one stage lol
    OK

Interesting hear him say words about conflict being needed. I know what he means, church mouse types are boring to work with.

Good interview Furns.

Glad people are enjoying them

my favourite part of the last podcast was gve saying we need griff and saying he loves having rubez around. life complete basically.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    seymour shaw in sutho has made them one of the richest associations in syndey (i think)
    manly is also building a synth pitch and botany council rents out hensley park for friendlies and catch up games (hakoah and sydney uni use it as their homeground). they should defo get a couple around newy.

http://newcastlefootball.jellycast.c...am%20ep_19.mp3

New Jetstream Podcast now available. In this edition we asked 5 players 10 questions each. Players interviewed were Jobe, BK, Bridgy, RyGriff and Mitch Cooper.
    If people like the format, I will try to get back up to another training session and interview some more players with the same questions.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

i liked it. next time can you do 20mins with rubez?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    i liked it. next time can you do 20mins with rubez?

he should have his own full podcast, rubez
    Last edited by goaliepersempre; 17-07-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Banned
    What don't you like about Newy???

Best loaded question ever!!! Need to think carefully before answering

First one to lay the boot in to Newy is in for it!!!!

lol that wasnt the intention but good to see the locals stick up for the place and the worst thing people said was coffee prices or the weather.

Also RyGriff dropping the truth bomb about a small minority laying the boot in.

As I posted on twitter earlier today, a big thanks to all the Jetstream listeners.
    We averaged 150 listeners for each of the four latest podcast episodes posted in the last two weeks.

If people can share the episodes on FB and twitter to get the word out so we can grow it even more that would be great and much appreciated.

Banned
    Will the Jets assist to post a link to it on their FB page??

After all you are providing a service for free that fans enjoy and would be keen on??