Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: TheJetstream PODCAST

Grand Final preview episode recorded, joined separately by Southy from The Cove and Jason from For Vucks Sake to chat about their respective teams in the final.
    Hope people enjoyed the extra episodes.
    Remember that we are recording the interview with Lawrie and also the end of season review on Fri 5th May so go to the relevant threads to pose your questions asap
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

ICYMI - season review podcast episode now available

The Lawrie McKinna Q&A episode will be available from 7am. Apologies for the delay getting it out, I was tied up all last week with LFC stuff and have been crook until today.

Great pod and good on Lawrie for making himself available. Can't ever knock him on his engagement with the fans and seems like a genuinely nice bloke.

But in saying that it really reinforces my opinion that Lawrie is hugely out of his depth and until change is made at the top this club will never be professionally run.

Good to hear Lawrie answer my question on what he considers his achievements to be, but I got the answer I expected......nada. Seriously not a single thing.

His answers to other questions I found highly disturbing.

Firstly he seems to be drinking the Jones coolaid that the team was "successful" up until the last 6 games. That he believes winning 5 games to be any measure of success is downright delusional.

His opinion on sports psychology was quite alarming in my opinion. That he was all for it but any player who needed a psychologist should keep it a secret, like it's something to be ashamed of.

His constant references to keyboard warriors is also delusional. It's akin to writing off any criticism he or the club has received as unwarranted and all from serial complainers, rather than accept the his performance and that of the club has not been up to standard under his watch.

And the response to "does the club use a scouting network".....was " no....I use the Lawrie network"......

This is meant to be the professional face of the club, convincing players/staff/sponsors to get onboard. It's just not good enough and we will never compete until we get better.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Great pod and good on Lawrie for making himself available. Can't ever knock him on his engagement with the fans and seems like a genuinely nice bloke.

But in saying that it really reinforces my opinion that Lawrie is hugely out of his depth and until change is made at the top this club will never be professionally run.

Good to hear Lawrie answer my question on what he considers his achievements to be, but I got the answer I expected......nada. Seriously not a single thing.

His answers to other questions I found highly disturbing.

Firstly he seems to be drinking the Jones coolaid that the team was "successful" up until the last 6 games. That he believes winning 5 games to be any measure of success is downright delusional.

His opinion on sports psychology was quite alarming in my opinion. That he was all for it but any player who needed a psychologist should keep it a secret, like it's something to be ashamed of.

His constant references to keyboard warriors is also delusional. It's akin to writing off any criticism he or the club has received as unwarranted and all from serial complainers, rather than accept the his performance and that of the club has not been up to standard under his watch.

And the response to "does the club use a scouting network".....was " no....I use the Lawrie network"......

This is meant to be the professional face of the club, convincing players/staff/sponsors to get onboard. It's just not good enough and we will never compete until we get better.
    Thanks for the feedback! Glad you enjoyed it

Lawrie has been very open and supportive of the pod and always makes himself available to us.

Hopefully you'll also enjoy the material that will be coming out soon!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

So Furns has finally outed himself as a bot.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

And I've officially banned my alter ego haha

we have recorded an episode that will be available from 7am monday morning, check out the special announcement near the end from Dave about a project he's been working on.
    also hoping to release a short episode later in the week with Johnny Davidson

Recorded a chat with John Davidson about his visit to Russia for the Confeds Cup and the Socceroos, and also some chat on the Jets.
    Episode will be available for download from 7pm

Great to have you boys back - I only listen when I download and go for a walk so you encourage exercise!

For those who are yet to listen to the podcast, or don't currently, we made an announcement about a special podcast series the Jetstream will be releasing later in the year. Titled The Championship Chronicles, I will be reviewing each match from the 2007/08 season. Over the last 9 months I have been fortunate enough to organise interviews with the majority of the team during that season. The pod will have interviews with:

Scott Tunbridge, Lawrie McKinna, Andrew Durante, Gary Van Egmond, Joel Griffiths, Ben Kennedy, Jason Hoffman, James Holland, Matt Thompson, Stuart Musialik, Jobe Wheelhouse, John Tsatsimis, Ante Covic, Adam D’Apuzzo, Steve Eagleton, Paul Kohler, Adam Griffiths, Noel Spencer, Remo Nogorotto and Jade North. I also interview Aaron Kearney who called the Jets for ABC during that season.

We will release a trailer for the series next week and include audio from Joel Griffiths, Jason Hoffman and Matt Thompson.

Please, if you can, spread the word of the upcoming series release for late November because it's something I've done for us - the Jets fans. We've not had a great deal to feel positive about over the last few season. Hopefully you'll enjoy the look back on our highest point as a club to date.

Massive thanks to those who have helped me over the last 2.5 years - you know who you all are.

If you don't already subscribe and want to, you can find all the details here - http://www.newcastlefootball.net/hom...eam/podcast-3/

Cheers

JP
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 06-07-2017 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    For those who are yet to listen to the podcast, or don't currently, we made an announcement about a special podcast series the Jetstream will be releasing later in the year. Titled The Championship Chronicles, I will be reviewing each match from the 2007/08 season. Over the last 9 months I have been fortunate enough to organise interviews with the majority of the team during that season. The pod will have interviews with:

Scott Tunbridge, Lawrie McKinna, Andrew Durante, Gary Van Egmond, Joel Griffiths, Ben Kennedy, Jason Hoffman, James Holland, Matt Thompson, Stuart Musialik, Jobe Wheelhouse, John Tsatsimis, Ante Covic, Adam D’Apuzzo, Steve Eagleton, Paul Kohler, Adam Griffiths, Noel Spencer, Remo Nogorotto and Jade North. I also interview Aaron Kearney who called the Jets for ABC during that season.

We will release a trailer for the series next week and include audio from Joel Griffiths, Jason Hoffman and Matt Thompson.

Please, if you can, spread the word of the upcoming series release for late November because it's something I've done for us - the Jets fans. We've not had a great deal to feel positive about over the last few season. Hopefully you'll enjoy the look back on our highest point as a club to date.

Massive thanks to those who have helped me over the last 2.5 years - you know who you all are.

If you don't already subscribe and want to, you can find all the details here - http://www.newcastlefootball.net/hom...eam/podcast-3/

Cheers

JP
    As much as we hate him, Did you try and interview Mark Bridge???.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    As much as we hate him, Did you try and interview Mark Bridge???.
    I couldn't figure out a way to contact Mark, unfortunately. If someone can help establish contact I'd of course extend the offer to him. Tarek Elrich, Steve Laybutt and Troy Hearfield I either couldn't organise a conversaton or make contact unfortunately.

I tried really hard to get everyone I could, and to record the number of interviews I have, exceeded the expectations I set at the beginning when I decided I wanted to do it.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 06-07-2017 at 03:41 PM.

I couldn't figure out a way to contact Mark, unfortunately. If someone can help establish contact I'd of course extend the offer to him. Tarek Elrich, Steve Laybutt and Troy Hearfield I either couldn't organise a conversaton or make contact unfortunately.

I tried really hard to get everyone I could, and to record the number of interviews I have, exceeded the expectations I set at the beginning when I decided I wanted to do it.
    Fair enough. Really good you got some of the lesser known players as well such as Tunbridge, Didnt he score against the phoenix in a 2-3 loss?
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Fair enough. Really good you got some of the lesser known players as well such as Tunbridge, Didnt he score against the phoenix in a 2-3 loss?
    Very good memory! Scott was actually the first player I spoke with, believe it or not.

Very good memory! Scott was actually the first player I spoke with, believe it or not.
    Awesome. Did Eagleton play much that season? and I remember Laybut as the worst Cb Id ever seen. How did we win the GF with Jardel and Laybutt lol

love at first sight

How did we win the GF with Jardel and Laybutt lol
    Because of these two:

OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Because of these two:

love at first sight

far out, top work JP