Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: TheJetstream PODCAST

We will be at wests from 3pm today before heading to the stadium and broadcasting from the front from about 6

If you see us come say hi. Don't be shy. Genuinely keen to meet and talk to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    If this is your first post I look forward to the rest!

I reply better when I am on a computer but welcome and thank you for the kind words. It's been difficult to keep to momentum of podcasting up but we've got a great team of volunteers.

Enjoy the chronicles. Can't wait to hear your favourite part.
    Cheers for that. Good to see you guys were referenced and also appear in the media this week! Also great feedback from Aaron re: the pod.

On an aside, thought this was quite good from "Boiz Lifestyle" - "Newcastle Jets Pre Grand Final Interviews | McGree, Petratos, Boogard + More"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeirnrSh-Ik

Currently working on an interview with Lawrie and Ernie. Will seek to.clarify the visa situation.
    Won't be for a while due to other commitments
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

As I mentioned, I'm working on an end of season podcast with Lawrie. Ernie is on leave so we won't get him.

We will look to ask fans questions as usual! Put your questions to Lawrie below.

As I mentioned, I'm working on an end of season podcast with Lawrie. Ernie is on leave so we won't get him.

We will look to ask fans questions as usual! Put your questions to Lawrie below.
    What is the key position the club have identified to strengthen and what kind of player are they looking for said position

The club have a high proportion of players coming off contract next season. With the introduction of 2 new teams to the league, what is the club's strategy to manage a potential player exodus?

Who do you think should be chosen to join the league and why?

Who do you think will be chosen?

Will the club take the ACL qualifier more seriously that others (Brisbane)? No matter what the standard of opposition qualification is a must.

Follow up to that is the FFA cup too

Interview lined up for Wedensday. Get your questions in people!

Asian visa spot - is it happening? What positions and/or nationalities are being targeted? Marquee / first XI / squad member?

What’s the plan for pre season this year ?

Are we chasing a friendly or two against some European teams now we’re the real deal ?

- Will there be young players loaned abroad, like Champness & Burke were last season? If so, whom and where to? If not, why not?
    - Last season we went into the year with a pretty thin list of strikers, and I feel like we rode our luck with how well Andrew Nabbout was able to cover when Roy O'Donovan was out injured or suspended. Is there plans to recruit a few strikers to cover Roy's 10 week loss, as well as cover for if he gets injured or suspended again?
    - Whom will be the scholarship players for this upcoming season?
    - Will there be 3 different kits for this upcoming season? Will fans be given input and say into kit choice, design, colours, etc? Is the Novocastrian colours of emerald & cinnamon planned to be used? Please remind Lawrie that the last time the membership base were given a voice, 76% of members voted for e&c. Ask him if there is any poll in which he thinks more than three quarters of our membership would agree on (please).
    - How is Labi progressing as youth coach?
    - Why was Glen Moss taken to the Hong Kong tournament and not our regular GK coach?
    - Whom were the standout players at the Hong Kong tournament?
    - Will the coaching team be identical next season?
    - Will the new physio be announced soon, or has it already?
    - Will ACL tickets be apart of our membership package, or will we need to buy seperate tickets for any ACL games?
    - Would the club, and the owner, look to help subsidise travel and tickets for fans willing and keen to fly abroad for potential ACL away games?
    - Will the Jerks Legends F3 Derby game happen again this season? Will it happen in Gosford again or will we be treated to hosting it in Newcastle for the first time? Whom organises the squad list, and will it be the same as last year?
    - Please provide an update on Jerks shaped hats. I have no idea why I didn't write this question first.
    - Does the club continually monitor NPL leagues from around the country for potential players? If so, how do they do this? Is there an official scouting network setup in the club or is it more word of mouth?
    - Will we do better, the same, or worse against CCM next season? How much change do you predict down there now that secret agent Okon has left?
    Thanks
    OK

Banned
    Jet Shaped Hats does Lawrie realise how much money we lost by not having these GF week??

Are the club planning on cultivating some us against the FFA and their chosen elite mentality.

The favouritism to Sydney FC Melbourne Victree etc is a disgrace

What are we doing as a club to develop the mentality that we going to punch above our weight and stick the injustices where the sun dont shine

Gold strip?
    Youth player to watch for next season?
    Your ideas for promotion and encouragement of active support? I read somewhere that you have some experience in that field.
    Free membership for registered junior players when accompanied by an adult? I remember the breakers doing this for a few years

Thanks everyone, questions are now closed.

Plenty submitted, by Pv4 in particular, and I will get to as many as I can.

damn, i was going to ask about jets shaped hats.

EDIT: it's OK, member had that covered.

Podcast recorded this afternoon. Will be released in the next few days. Lots of topics covered - thank you as always everyone who contributed questions.

Yes - Jets shaped hats were discussed. I suggest we need to start an online petition for something worthwhile and possibly achievable...Jets shaped hats, not Grand Final replays. Use that as evidence to submit to Viva. Lobby them hard via social media.

Kit colours for next season are revealed. I saw the proto-types and they look good. The 3rd kit is like nothing we've had before so you'll have to listen to the pod.

Chatted about a few players too - leaving and re-signing.

Membership details for next season are discussed. Discussion about plans for pre-season which are really exciting.

Interview with Lawrie McKinna has been released

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/hom...awrie-mckinna/

Interview with Lawrie McKinna has been released

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/hom...awrie-mckinna/
    I feel like a junkie getting his fix
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight