Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 17/18 HAL Round 04 | Newcastle Jets v WS Wanderers | Sun 29th Oct 2017 5:00pm

He's plugging a hole for the moment and playing out of position. If its the worst problem we have then it isn't too bad

I thought Brown had his contract extended after only making a handful of appearances. That would make him Miller's initial signing and the extension under Miller.

Could be wrong however ageing memory and all.

I reckon he would be on decent coin and honestly he is not contributing enough to be using up a visa spot.
    Last edited by 380; 31-10-2017 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    I thought Brown had his contract extended after only making a handful of appearances. That would make him Miller's initial signing and the extension under Miller.

Could be wrong however ageing memory and all.

I reckon he would be on decent coin and honestly he is not contributing enough to be using up a visa spot.
    resigned after round 2 last year if I can remember but 100% resigned under Jones but what part Lawrie and Griff had dunno
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    resigned after round 2 last year if I can remember but 100% resigned under Jones but what part Lawrie and Griff had dunno
    Cheers for that. Sorry Member but your pal Jones got this one wrong. Brown is useless.

Cheers for that. Sorry Member but your pal Jones got this one wrong. Brown is useless.
    He has high workrate defensively and thats it doesn't suit Merrick's style of play
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

He has high workrate defensively and thats it doesn't suit Merrick's style of play
    Merrick gonna turn him Leigh Broxham 2.0 buckle up boyz.

Banned
    I will pay that the bloke shouldn't have been resigned but I holding the GypoCEO accountable on that

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I will pay that the bloke shouldn't have been resigned but I holding the GypoCEO accountable on that
    You think Mckinna didn't ask the opinion of his good mate Jones who saw Brown everyday at traning etc

Banned
    You think Mckinna didn't ask the opinion of his good mate Jones who saw Brown everyday at traning etc
    No I blaming the experienced campaigner in the Gypo for not telling his rookie coach to slow down on the move as one swallow doesn't make a summer etc

McKinna been around the traps to know patience and wait and see was needed not a knee jerk reaction which was the case with signing Brown for a couple more years based on a couple of goals

And Griffiths?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    He's plugging a hole for the moment and playing out of position. If its the worst problem we have then it isn't too bad
    I think the frustration stems for the fact that Brown's comments suggest he was signed as a #10 and as such not playing out of position (just not very good at that role). I certainly don't mind Brown in a defensive midfield role.

No I blaming the experienced campaigner in the Gypo for not telling his rookie coach to slow down on the move as one swallow doesn't make a summer etc

McKinna been around the traps to know patience and wait and see was needed not a knee jerk reaction which was the case with signing Brown for a couple more years based on a couple of goals
    so McKinna shoulda undermined Jones by telling him he has no confidence in his judgment and not give him any input into decisions relating to the team?? gee, I wish McKinna hadda done that last season and maybe it wouldn't have turned into such a trainwreck...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    And Griffiths?
    Griff is God

He does no wrong

Saying anything otherwise is straight up blasphemy

Griff is God

He does no wrong

Saying anything otherwise is straight up blasphemy
    He helped resign Brown so because Membas word is Law, resigning brown is now a good move

love at first sight

Banned
    He helped resign Brown so because Membas word is Law, resigning brown is now a good move
    Ban