Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1/4 mile at a time aka trailer trash cup

1/4 mile at a time aka trailer trash cup

Newy Supercars.
    Plague is going.
    Discuss.
    Last edited by hawk; 22-11-2017 at 08:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Scored box seats through work so will be attending at some stage.

Live inside the track. Will be pretty much stuck there the three days..
    Anyone that isn't a complete gimp that wants a good view of it from my balcony is welcome to put in a submission..
    I'm looking at hawk and his supermodels..

Train goes past my door hence easy transport. Brother bought tickets. Paid him back. Will go on the Saturday.

Considering making a submission to Bon
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

*shameless self promotion warning*
    Should be a decent cover band playing at the Grainy on Sat night, too..
    Last edited by Bon; 15-11-2017 at 02:43 PM.

When are the V8 Supercars people going to take this event to the next level and organise a KOTH Celebrity race ? I don't actually drive so that in itself would make for amazing television.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    When are the V8 Supercars people going to take this event to the next level and organise a KOTH Celebrity race ? I don't actually drive so that in itself would make for amazing television.
    oh im ALL in for this.

ride or die
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Anyone that isn't a complete gimp that wants a good view of it from my balcony is welcome to put in a submission..
    In, where do i sign up. What beer are we on? ill bring scotch

so what are the restrictions really like? ive got a mate who lives on the beach so hes got a balcony over the track. hed done nothing but complain about the roadworks (he also has a business in the CBD) but as it gets closer and the free tickets and 'new found friends wanting to come over' have started flowing hes pretty much now all about that Supercar lyfe.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Just had an idea for the KOTH Celebrity Race. Cars need to be 1953 FJ Holden Utes with three on the tree column shift, cross ply tyres, and they must have a blue dog in the back kitted up in Jets gear.

tbh the track looks pretty hectic but i can see why people are fkn pissed

it's going to want to bring in a packet of cash, something that these supa carz are very good at fudging the numbers on it seems

if it can beat the second year syndrome then good luck to 'em

It’s an amazing setup. The logistics must be mind numbing.

I’m all for council having a go.

The thing will go ‘over’ budget no doubt. But once council went outside it’s ‘roads rates and rubbish’ mandate then rate payers either have to hate ALL of it, or none of it.

If council is all about saving money, then you’ve gotta be ok with art galleries, libraries and ‘yes’ campaign assistance getting cut too.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    It’s an amazing setup. The logistics must be mind numbing.

I’m all for council having a go.

The thing will go ‘over’ budget no doubt. But once council went outside it’s ‘roads rates and rubbish’ mandate then rate payers either have to hate ALL of it, or none of it.

If council is all about saving money, then you’ve gotta be ok with art galleries, libraries and ‘yes’ campaign assistance getting cut too.
    For less money they could have upgraded Ringwood Park and had a permanent venue to cater for this event and others throughout the year - without disrupting Newcastle's CBD and public transport.

It would also have provided a venue for local talent to more affordably get involved in motorsport as well.

I hope the event goes well - but the reality is it's just more of the same jobs for the boys shit we have come to expect.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 17-11-2017 at 01:12 PM.

so what are the restrictions really like? ive got a mate who lives on the beach so hes got a balcony over the track. hed done nothing but complain about the roadworks (he also has a business in the CBD) but as it gets closer and the free tickets and 'new found friends wanting to come over' have started flowing hes pretty much now all about that Supercar lyfe.
    Car racing doesn't do anything for me.. Never watched it, never understood it, never in to cars (I mean, up until a few years ago I was still driving my '89 dual cab hilux, she was a tired old whore, but I loved her and she did the job)..
    Obviously people ARE in to the cars and the race, so good luck to them.. I hope that it does bring a lot of enjoyment to people/bogans and money in to town..

The roadworks have been a long running mess. Every day I drive home not knowing what sort of road closure or blockage will be occurring. It's frustrating, but i realise its got to happen and that the roads around the place will be better for it.. Eventually.
    Us residents can complain all we like, and you see the protest stuff around everywhere, the ironic grafitti sprayed onto walls about how the cars are ruining the place, etc.
    The fact is, its happening, so you deal with it. Don't have to embrace it, just deal with it. I know plenty of businesses have taken a major hit. Estabar/Liquid Gold seem to be running at shorter times, I know that Oma's closed doors all together. Not sure if the Grainy has copped a huge difference, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I guess that overall, I'm kinda looking forward to seeing what the weekend is going to be like. Mentally prepared for the mayhem of attempting to get around, and about being locked in/out of my apartment from 7am-7pm and realise this will be a reality over those three days.. Pretty sure I am not prepared for just how loud its going to be, or just how high I can get for free from all the petty fumes..

p.s. Your mate doesn't happen to be "Jordy" who lives on the level below does he? Legend..

What sort of numbers are they expecting to this event ?

Newcastle struggles to accommodate people at the best of times with seriously woeful restaurants and sweet **** all to do in and around town unless you like the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    What sort of numbers are they expecting to this event ?

Newcastle struggles to accommodate people at the best of times with seriously woeful restaurants and sweet **** all to do in and around town unless you like the beach.
    i thought it was 30k-40k per day (weekend).
    they seem to have done a decent job of getting people in and out esp utilising Stockton and the ferries to get people to not even attempt to drive into the city.

for anyone going id suggest giving yourself an extra 30mins at least to sort your tickets if you have venue collect. its a pain in the ass.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Mentally prepared for the mayhem of attempting to get around, and about being locked in/out of my apartment from 7am-7pm and realise this will be a reality over those three days..
    so what does this entail?
    is everyone kicked out of that precinct in the backstreets or are you guys allowed to watch from there?
    if you leave your building can you not get back in?
    Seems like I am WRONG

so what does this entail?
    is everyone kicked out of that precinct in the backstreets or are you guys allowed to watch from there?
    if you leave your building can you not get back in?
    Cars can't come in or out of the "island" of the track between 7am and 7pm for all three days.. If you do want to leave, you have to walk out. All residents have had to get "accreditation" and prove where they live. You then get two tickets for every bedroom in your place + an extra two.. (So in our case, 2 bedroom apartment, we get 6 residents tickets/wristbands per day)..
    Cars have to have a residents parking pass, which mine will stay under the building, however my roommate who normally parks on the street has been provided with a parking pass for one of the parking stands on King St to park at for the 3 days..

We can walk around on the inside of the track, so long as we have our residents on..
    Pretty sure the extent of my movements will be to the Grain Store and maybe Foodworks..

thats what i thought but some people (hashtagfakenews) would have you believe that they are 'locked' in their actual houses/apartments and cant get in or out of the precinct by any means at all.

gotta say the Newcastle Herald has been especially naughty with a lot of the doom and gloom surrounding this. i know newspapers 'seem' to be the domain of the 55+ brigade now and therefore pander to their audience but this eternal 'the sky is falling' nonsense is pretty sad.

ive no doubt though that the head honchos at the Herald will be swanning at Fort Scratchley along with the rest of the corporate partners. You mihg teven find some of the councilors who were dead against it (in public) taking advantage of the $1500 per head event (on ratepayers cash mind you).
    Seems like I am WRONG

All residents have had to get "accreditation" and prove where they live. You then get two tickets for every bedroom in your place + an extra two.. (So in our case, 2 bedroom apartment, we get 6 residents tickets/wristbands per day)..
    i would love to know what the legal basis is for this part. how can a private, for-profit business control what you do in your own property? did you get compensation?