Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1/4 mile at a time aka trailer trash cup

The racing has been very good to watch but holy crap there has been some carnage.

Shit move on Lowndes as well by the kiwi.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 26-11-2017 at 08:07 PM.

I was Mclaughing about that finish

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Very proud and surprised of the crowd, barely any issues and in general a positive atmosphere - i expected way more issues.
    this is the bit that frustrated me most about the build up to the event.

the protestors and their mates at the Newcastle Herald had everyone believing that utes full of confederate flag waving slack jawed yokels shooting shotguns out the windows were comin to town.

in reality though the sport is all about families*. the drivers are the most accessible and 'upstanding' athletes in australia today (when is the last real 'scandal' in this sport?). the assumptions made in the build up to this has mirrored the same attitude people still have towards going to an A-League game.

im glad you had a good time, and im also stoked people are really proud of the city and the way it all went.

cant wait til next year.

*ok so Bathurst is still a zoo by all accounts but that place is its own ecosystem.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

scott mclaughlin is a psychopath, huge fan

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    scott mclaughlin is a psychopath, huge fan
    the last few years he was kicking ass driving a freaking Volvo that gives you some idea of the amount of talent the dude has.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Few points on the weekend event

- Pretty well planned successful event. Pre race flyovers, coal ships were planned to perfection. The broadcast totally sold Newy.

- Sunday's race was fantastic. McLaughlin lost the championship rather than won it. He also blatantly lied and said he didn't see Lowndes as he had no mirror which was still attached after the crash.. It was desperate driving and he'll learn from his mistakes.

- Blow ins renting up the East end caused havoc. Tearing down fences etc. Also there were dumb residents vandalising the track at night.

- Got abused whilst on the balcony watching because apparently we shouldn't be watching. Made it known that we were fans of the race and to not believe everything they read in the Herald.

- There were just as many blow ins doing dumb shit like throwing full cans on the track during races, cutting down sound deadening mats during the race that could have easily ended up on the track and ****ed the championship.

- I feel for any elderly that copped unnecessary abuse.

- I fully blame the shitstorm caused by the Herald and social media.

- There were dickheads on both "sides". Whether they motorsport fans was completely irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Few points on the weekend event

- Pretty well planned successful event. Pre race flyovers, coal ships were planned to perfection. The broadcast totally sold Newy.

- Sunday's race was fantastic. McLaughlin lost the championship rather than won it. He also blatantly lied and said he didn't see Lowndes as he had no mirror which was still attached after the crash.. It was desperate driving and he'll learn from his mistakes.

- Blow ins renting up the East end caused havoc. Tearing down fences etc. Also there were dumb residents vandalising the track at night.

- Got abused whilst on the balcony watching because apparently we shouldn't be watching. Made it known that we were fans of the race and to not believe everything they read in the Herald.

- There were just as many blow ins doing dumb shit like throwing full cans on the track during races, cutting down sound deadening mats during the race that could have easily ended up on the track and ****ed the championship.

- I feel for any elderly that copped unnecessary abuse.

- I fully blame the shitstorm caused by the Herald and social media.

- There were dickheads on both "sides". Whether they motorsport fans was completely irrelevant.
    You must have been up the other end of town? (Parnell Pl way? There were eggs thrown at the cars up there, apparently)

Personally I didn't see any antisocial behavior over the three days - Although I did see some swearing, shirtless bloke with grazes/bruises all over his face, strapped to some sort of Hannibal Lector wheelie-trolley being removed by a parade of cops..
    I mean there was the usual maggots using traffic cones as hats, but nothing too major that I saw.. Lots of families and enthusiasts getting hammered by the sun but having a great time taking everything in..

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Sunday's race was fantastic. McLaughlin lost the championship rather than won it. He also blatantly lied and said he didn't see Lowndes as he had no mirror which was still attached after the crash.. It was desperate driving and he'll learn from his mistakes.
    Agree

If you race like a dickhead youll lose championships. No way can anyone praise the clown.

Yep he has talent and his interview after stepping out of the car was one of the best in sports considering what happened.

He will be winning soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    You must have been up the other end of town? (Parnell Pl way? There were eggs thrown at the cars up there, apparently)

Personally I didn't see any antisocial behavior over the three days - Although I did see some swearing, shirtless bloke with grazes/bruises all over his face, strapped to some sort of Hannibal Lector wheelie-trolley being removed by a parade of cops..
    I mean there was the usual maggots using traffic cones as hats, but nothing too major that I saw.. Lots of families and enthusiasts getting hammered by the sun but having a great time taking everything in..
    Yeh mate up that way. Think Egg-gate was around the corner. Most of the crowd were excellent. We just copped some shit on Sunday from a mob that ironically could have totally ****ed the race with their vandalism. The Herald caused bullshit unnecessary friction.
    The Hannibal character you saw was likely the bloke who was charged for punching a seco after he was refused entry into the residents area.

Side note - I did give one group of secos a spray when I noticed them unnecessarily stop a bloke and his family from walking down the track after it opened to pedestrians. I wouldn't normally get involved however the bloke was Russell Ingall who then preceded to shove the seco boss and tell them rightly to **** off.

Imagine telling Russell Ingall he can't walk down the track. The enforcer himself. Surprised he didn't put the seco in the wall

if you dont like race cars then all good but if you like race cars then that F1 race just then was the reason why people LOVE race cars. awesome sporting event.
    Seems like I am WRONG

it was good. the second overtaking move by riccardio was ballsy as all hell.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    it was good. the second overtaking move by riccardio was ballsy as all hell.
    thats just who he is.

best bit is that every move like that puts another few million on his contract for next year.
    Seems like I am WRONG

he's certainly better at passing than verstappen